Happy jew year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy jew year!

so, this has nothing to do with martial arts, but i guess you could say it's paranormal.

tonight we say goodbye to elul 5669 and hello to tishre 5770. this is a very special rosh hashannah for us jews as it starts on shabbos.

so, rosh hashanna doesn't mean beginning of the year, it means head of the year. just as a body is controlled by the head, the year is controlled by the actions taken on rosh hashanna. since we have a shabbos rosh hashanna this year, we will be able to carry the blessings of shabbos with us every day of this year.

so what thoughts should we carry with us as we say goodbye to the month of elul?

primarily one can think of the month of elul as a hebrew acronym for what the month really is and what we are stepping into. the hebrew spelling for elul is aleph lamed vov lamed which is an anagram for "ani l'dodi v'dodi li" or "i am to my beloved and my beloved is to me".

why is the wedding statement the acronym for a month of the year? possibly coincidence, but chassidus teaches that it's hashem's way of saying to us "look fuckwads, here's the deal. you guys are the most ungrateful, good for nothing, what have you done for me lately saying assholes i ever created. however, you guys still claim to be j00z and that means you still think i'm t3h r34l. so, i guess i still think ur t3h r34l and i'll keep you around a while longer and forgive you for being a bunch of fagorz". This is the same attitude as what a husband and wife have to have towards each other. unwavering commitment and forgiveness.

so yeah, that's the jist of the torah.

hashem tells us a bunch of stuff to do and not do, we listen for a little bit, then act like a bunch of douche bags, and then he provides us with forgiveness and a brand new year as a big ass do over. mutual commitment and unilateral forgiveness. maybe we should all, yid and goy, take that to heart a bit.

l'shanah tova bitches!

Originally posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Originally posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Originally posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Comment

oh yeah, and may you all have a sweet and good year and be written in the book of life for another year and all the other good stuff.

Comment

Happy New Year, Muscle Tough!

Comment

Indeed. Happy Rosh Hashanna... and stuff. Thanks for the lesson!

Comment

Happy New Yiddish Year, to all my Hebrew Homies.

Comment

Blessed are you o'lord our G_d who brings forth jews to this forum.

May the coming year bless you with health and wealth.

....drinks a toast.....
              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Avast, white_kimbo knows what's up!

A n*gga gotta eat... some challah bread!

Comment

Happy New Year, good sir.

Comment

Good post, Mustached Leia!

And happy Shana Tova!

CLICK & WATCH
                    :
                    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
                    " - by Vorpal

Comment

שמח היהודי השנה החדשה.

Comment

I hope you all enjoyed your apples and honey, I wish you a sweet new year!

Comment

The Arabic version of Rosh Hashannah means 'head of the year" as well. No one cares.
                          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                            The Arabic version of Rosh Hashannah means 'head of the year" as well. No one cares.
                            I care.

If you are muslim then I wish you a belated Eid Mubarak!

Comment

No, I'm an atheist. But I speak Arabic. walakin, itha kannat. shukran.
                              "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X