X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ming
    replied
    jkdchick,bout the straight blast.
    you punch as fast and as hard as you can right?is speed or power more of a priority here?

Leave a comment:

• ming
    replied
    the backswing kick.i think it's also called the spinning back kick.tkd.
    but does it work?anyone seen it work?

Leave a comment:

• Tadzio
    replied
    Shanxi Xingyiquan Piquan.

Leave a comment:

• IronBuddha
    replied
    BeLikeWater,

NO NO NO! Tyson only read about it from a mantis book! he did it all wrong! *snicker*

Leave a comment:

• The Wastrel
    replied
    In Korean, triangle is Samgak. Which is what they call briefs, "Samgak Panty".

Leave a comment:

• BeLikeWater
    replied
    so Tyson does 52 handblocks jailhouse rock AND mantis...impressive...

Leave a comment:

• IronBuddha
    replied
    there is this ear-bite thing in mei hua mantis that i learnt. you grab the back of his head and you bite him in the ear. it's great but i'm afraid of cooties.

Leave a comment:

• Omar
    replied
    sorry about the typos. I'm too lazy to edit today.

Leave a comment:

• Omar
    replied
    Jing Gan Da Ba Shi.

BAJI!!!

Technichally that's 8 techniques and I've only learned 1 of them. Basically a simultaneous stompkick and stabbing uppercut continuing on to a stomping leg switch-palm smash to the chest while blasting forward potentially striking with the torso like the way Asia sent Luan flying.

Sticking to things I really use, 2 favorites come to mind:

1.Step in to any attack that comes in on a horizontal arc to a medium or high target....both forarms block as you turn into the inside of the arc. The forearms are rughly horizontal with the lead arm higher than the rear one. You should step in close enough that the lead elbow stabs the person in the chest simultaneout with the block.

2. The forearm smash that the previous technique is designed to block. Like a tsop choi from Choi Li Fut except you step in closer and strike with the forearms, not a leopards fist. I like to compare it top That round kicks because if you haven't dealt with it before it tends to blast right through most peoples block. Step in with the first one and fire off 2 off them alternating sides. Follow up with a downward stabbing punch at their lower abdomen.

Leave a comment:

• IndoChinese
    replied
    KuntaoSilat..

King Cobra

standing spinal breaks..

Leave a comment:

• BeLikeWater
    replied
    interesting running thing...I would think pushing off the back leg while moving forward would make them stronger

I used to wonder why Vunak always seemed like he leaned over into the opponent so much while doing that

Leave a comment:

• Rigante
    replied
    JKD chick is that footwork for the straight blast considered the classical method or is it an improved form. I studied under a more "classical JKD instructor" (if there is such a thing) and he wouldnt let us do it that way. He insisted that you always kept the same leg in front. I have seen Paul Vunak do it like you describe and I like it better than the way I was shown. Even though I dont do TKD anymore that modified straight blast is a keeper for me.

Leave a comment:

• Mangetsu kai
    replied
    Uh no. Sounds like you're describing the end result...
    It starts with simultaneous hooking blocks on both arms. Then another two. Then the double palm strike. The end result looks like this.

Leave a comment:

• JKDChick
    replied
    Originally posted by SamHarber
    Aikido has its famous "Throwing Fairy Dust In Eyes" technique. In many schools, this technique is used to replace Atemi completely. It is often used just before an ikkyo is attempted against someone doing a lapel grab. This is normally followed immediately by the aikidoka performing some form of ukemi as he gets hit repeatedly.
    Moons of Jupiter!

Moons of Jupiter!

For us, I'd guess the "Straight Blast" -- which isn' the same as WC Chain Punching.

The SB is done by getting an entry and throwing a flurry of punches, as fast and hard as possible (generally in a kind of "windmill motion" with the hands making circles in the air in front of you, passing over and under each other). These punches aren't intended to do a lot of damage by the way, just occupy the hands and mind of the opponent.

IN conjunction with the punching, you RUN forward like a sprinter. Pretty quickly, you will either have the opponent cowering with their hands up to protect their face or you will find and entry to trapping range and can elbow.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Mantis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenfucius
    what is tiger mouth?
    It is just a hand formation.

Take your right hand and extend it out in front of you with the palm down. Then turn your had at the right to make your fingers go to the right. Your thumb goes to the left.

There you go, Tiger's Mouth. Good for blocking and striking usually followed with a grab. The striking area is from the base of the thumb to about the first knuckle of the index finger.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X