No announcement yet.

unique techniques!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JKD chick is that footwork for the straight blast considered the classical method or is it an improved form. I studied under a more "classical JKD instructor" (if there is such a thing) and he wouldnt let us do it that way. He insisted that you always kept the same leg in front. I have seen Paul Vunak do it like you describe and I like it better than the way I was shown. Even though I dont do TKD anymore that modified straight blast is a keeper for me.

Comment

interesting running thing...I would think pushing off the back leg while moving forward would make them stronger

I used to wonder why Vunak always seemed like he leaned over into the opponent so much while doing that

Comment

KuntaoSilat..

King Cobra

standing spinal breaks..

Comment

Jing Gan Da Ba Shi.

BAJI!!!

Technichally that's 8 techniques and I've only learned 1 of them. Basically a simultaneous stompkick and stabbing uppercut continuing on to a stomping leg switch-palm smash to the chest while blasting forward potentially striking with the torso like the way Asia sent Luan flying.

Sticking to things I really use, 2 favorites come to mind:

1.Step in to any attack that comes in on a horizontal arc to a medium or high target....both forarms block as you turn into the inside of the arc. The forearms are rughly horizontal with the lead arm higher than the rear one. You should step in close enough that the lead elbow stabs the person in the chest simultaneout with the block.

2. The forearm smash that the previous technique is designed to block. Like a tsop choi from Choi Li Fut except you step in closer and strike with the forearms, not a leopards fist. I like to compare it top That round kicks because if you haven't dealt with it before it tends to blast right through most peoples block. Step in with the first one and fire off 2 off them alternating sides. Follow up with a downward stabbing punch at their lower abdomen.
          Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

sorry about the typos. I'm too lazy to edit today.
            Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

there is this ear-bite thing in mei hua mantis that i learnt. you grab the back of his head and you bite him in the ear. it's great but i'm afraid of cooties.
              Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Comment

so Tyson does 52 handblocks jailhouse rock AND mantis...impressive...

Comment

In Korean, triangle is Samgak. Which is what they call briefs, "Samgak Panty".
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

BeLikeWater,

NO NO NO! Tyson only read about it from a mantis book! he did it all wrong! *snicker*
                    Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Comment

Shanxi Xingyiquan Piquan.

Comment

the backswing kick.i think it's also called the spinning back kick.tkd.
                        but does it work?anyone seen it work?

Comment

jkdchick,bout the straight blast.
                          you punch as fast and as hard as you can right?is speed or power more of a priority here?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X