No announcement yet.

unique techniques!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I explained it very, very clearly. So clearly that I can't remember the last time a technique was explained so clearly. This is why I hate doing this. Now some guy is going to say something stupid, like, "J00 wil dye on teh str33t!!"
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

My favorite technique to this day comes from judo where you step feinting a right hook but the hand goes round the waist and right leg steps behind the opponent and it's basically a cross between a hip throw and a trip. opponents head does a counterclockwise semi-circle down to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wastrel
        I thought I explained it very, very clearly. So clearly that I can't remember the last time a technique was explained so clearly. This is why I hate doing this. Now some guy is going to say something stupid, like, "J00 wil dye on teh str33t!!"
        No, sorry you did not initially describe what the right leg did after contact and you did not specify the contact being either on the front or side fo the ankle .

(I am trying to prepare you for your tedious law career)

Comment

Originally posted by HAPKO3
          No, not really.
          Wierd!!! Something fishy's going on here. Are my instructors secret bjj'ers?.. .. have I been practicing bjj all along? Those liars! I should've known the triangle choke didn't exist in judo.

As far as unique techniques go, I'd say none, really. Everything exists in either jujutsu or wrestling (albeit modified for safety).
          You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Comment

While it's probably not unique, I haven't seen it done in other styles:

The bien-choy/sao-choy (ie: spinning backfist/hook-like strike). Can be done advancing (1 step or 2) and retreating. Begin with a spinning backfist, when your fist comes around, continue with the momentum, adding more spin from your hip and whip your rear arm around like a ball on a chain.

Comment

Vo Tu Do: Many MANY MANY elbows. Spinning elbows. Flying elbows. Diagonal, straight and reverse diagonal elbows. Reverse offensive spearing elbow. Double elbows. Elbows from every conceivable angle.
              Also, princess opens the door to see the moon, combination of elbow to the solar plexus and inside trip.

Vale tudo: Buttscooting kicks. Cartwheel guard passes. Giant swing. Knees from sprawl.

"The only important elements in any society
              are the artistic and the criminal,
              because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
              can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

"The triangle choke is found in judo too."

but the Triangle is illegal in Judo.

Comment

Aikido has its famous "Throwing Fairy Dust In Eyes" technique. In many schools, this technique is used to replace Atemi completely. It is often used just before an ikkyo is attempted against someone doing a lapel grab. This is normally followed immediately by the aikidoka performing some form of ukemi as he gets hit repeatedly.
                  Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

LOL @ SamHarber!

J-Lau: the triangle is legal in Judo. I'm still not sure if you're allowed to pull down on the head to finish it, though.

Unique techniques... hm... that's hard, since there are so many styles that lift techniques from all over the place that even if a unique technique existed, a) you couldn't tell for sure, and b) it's probably no good, 'cause otherwise someone would have stolen it already.

Characteristic and somewhat unique techniques:
                    BJJ: some of the fancier sweeps from guard and halfguard. Haven't seen spider guard in judo, either.
                    Judo: some of the more elaborate hip throw variations, like hane maki komi and tsuri komi goshi
                    Aikido: sankyo, shiho nage.
                    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

how 'bout the tkd "please dont beat me no more " begging technique:). j/k.
                      8 years till retirement.

Comment

"the triangle is legal in Judo. I'm still not sure if you're allowed to pull down on the head to finish it, though."

Thats what I mean, cant finish with it the right way.

Comment

A. No, that's not what you meant.

B. You ARE allowed to pull the head down. Why wouldn't you be? You can't grab the face (from about the eyebrown area to the mouth area) but you can grab the head all you want.

Comment

The things you're NOT allowed to do when doing a triangle are:

Lock the arm if you're under blackbelt level (one of my instructors said she got into trouble for mistakenly doing it when she was a whitebelt)

The opponent cannot stand or else they will break it. Fucking ridiculous rule. I think it was made pretty recently. I doubt anyone really randoris like that.

Comment

Corn-husking

Comment

please share. its amazing how are purposefully vague you can be...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X