unique techniques!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unique techniques!

name and describe one technique that makes your chosen MA unique.

The "Frip him down" technique. Well maybe that's not all that unique.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Triangle Choke... BJJ

Comment

The triangle choke is found in judo too.
        Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

No, not really.
          You say what about my rice?

Comment

Ddanjuk from Taekkyon.

You take something like a penetrating step with, let's say, your left leg. Your right hand comes up and across your opponent's neck, and you cup and hook the right side of his neck. Simultaneously with that, your trailing right leg is coming up, and you place the bottom of your right foot square over his left ankle (your toes OUT), while the hand that has hooked his neck pulls back and to the side, as if you were bringing his head back to a chamber.
            Last edited by The Wastrel; 1/23/2004 7:36pm, .
            Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

wait, are you stepping on his foot or are you sweeping it?

Comment

Are we talking about real or fake fights?

Comment

How about rewording this to what is your styles signature technique?

The triangle choke is just about every combat/sub grappling system.

To paraphrase Guru Dan, there are only so many ways to hurt someone and everybody invented them.

Comment

Jenfucius,
                    It's a sweep...but a little different. The bottom of your foot, toes out, inside of the foot up in the air, should be on his ankle at a 90 degree angle to the ground.
                    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Wastrel, describe the weight ratio between the feet after foot contact.
                      IOW, are you holding the opponents foot down, or sweeping it?
                      Please describe the optimal placement of uke's feet and which of his/her feet you are holding/sweeping...
                      Last edited by Moleculo; 1/23/2004 8:21pm, .

Comment

How can you be holding his foot DOWN when the bottom of your foot is on his ankle at a 90 DEGREE ANGLE TO THE GROUND?

The push on the foot is just a bit, a lot more goes into the cross neck grab. Think of a...cantilevered force? Foot pushes, arm pulls...man topples. This works very well.

Obviously, you need to catch them with their weight on the correct leg. With the neck you can correct a bit, but still...
                        Last edited by The Wastrel; 1/23/2004 8:22pm, .

Comment

Optimal placement of his feet? It doesn't matter. You're attacking a heavy lead leg. And I did already explain which of your feet is attacking which of his his, actually.

Comment

You could have weight on his foot with a knife edge and the flat part of your foot on the front of his ankle, that's how.
                            Just trying to get a clear picture of the technique.

Comment

Duh, sorry wastrel, you did say which leg...
                              My bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X