Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defense and follow ups against spinning kicks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defense and follow ups against spinning kicks.

What are some good defenses and follow up against spinning kicks?

I never seem to get hit by them but I'm never fast enough to make my opponent pay for that sort of gamble either.

Any suggestions?
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

depends on the kick. a spinning hook kick is fairly simple if you can see it. i usually just rush in when my opponent starts to turn his back, from there he's at your mercy. i usually just push them down on teh floor if i'm being nice. other wise i punch them either in the back of the head or the ribs.

a spinning back kick i parry and side step to the opponents back, from there you have his blind side.

Comment

Kick them in the balls.

;)

Comment

right fist to face usually works pretty good

Comment

chair across the back when they turn to spin.

Comment

can some guys actually still hit you in the back of the head with the heel even if you move in?

Comment

The center of the tornado is calm.
              That is all.

Comment

Charge in and go ape shit with elbows.

Comment

Kick them in the ass, seriously.

Comment

Whenyour opponant is doing a spinning kick as soon as his back is turned towwards you,thats your window of opportunity to charge in do a take down or strike.Or you just leap out of the way so the kick passes you by.
                    Whatever you do don't try to stand there and block it with your forarm..
                    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

shoot and supe(suplex)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher
                        Kick them in the ass, seriously.
                        LOL! It works! the bigger the spinmeister the bigger the window of opportunity.

ASSKICKERS UNITE!

Comment

For the record, I've seen a good number of full contact tournament fights and I've only ever seen a spinning kick actually connect one or two times. My favorite way to deal with them is move inside so their thigh hits you as they come around and at the same time kick the leg they are standing on with a good old Muay Thai or Kyokushin style shin kick either in the back of their knee or their thigh. If you do it with enough power, they'll go down. However, Black Rose's post above is also a great idea.
                          Last edited by GajusCaesar; 1/25/2004 4:34am, .
                          Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Shoot them in the back...9mm is good.

Comment

I like .45 caliber. Makes bigger hole.
                              Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X