breathing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breathing

breath dynamics for most advocate exhalation co-incident with exertion.

some hold their breathe while exerting themselves...valsalva reflex?

some inhale on certain movements.

what's the diff?

many of the old TMA/CMA stylists breathe OUT during attacking and when absorbing blows. Supposedly tenses up the muscles to make them more of a "wall" when hit

karate yells run by the same concept

and professional breakers

why do weightlifters breathe out when lifting?

Comment

most ppl naturally breathe from the chest area but i think babies breathe from the stomach.Alot of CMA talk about abdominal breathing (some thing to do with dan tien) but i need to look up on this.Also i am curious to know if other athletes do any breathing training to improve their perfomance.

Anyway when i fight i just breathe naturally -when u take a shit do u think about breathing :P ?

Comment

I breathe using the diaphragm...the best kind to do :)

Most people as you said, use the chest cavity. The dan tien breathing you speak of is called fetal breathing or pore breathing. That is a third way but it too encompasses the diaphragm...

Comment

could you possibly SOUND any more racist??? :rolleyes:

btw in yoga isn't the energy reservoir found in the tailbone? in qigong it's below the bellybutton

how can it be a secret chinese bullshit when obviously ppl know about it and it's freely taught? how's that any different than "secret indian bullshit"? besides fetal breathing is a chinese technique so of course it has a chinese origin you moron
          Last edited by BeLikeWater; 1/22/2004 5:19am, .

Comment

perhaps they just disapprove of the ones who talk like you??? just a guess...

Comment

I know...I can tell by your attitude!

Comment

just because some do so does not mean there is no value to it

the same can be said of the martial arts (which includes JJJ, BJJ, muay thai/thai boxing, boxing)

Comment

Explosive power = Reverse breathing
                  Natural Breathing the rest of the time.

Reverse breathing, for those who don't know, is when you breath in your gut contracts and when you breath out, your gut expandes, Like power lifters do, as an example of non-ma application of reverse breathing.

Comment

core breathing

Comment

'Explosive power = Reverse breathing
                      Natural Breathing the rest of the time.

Reverse breathing, for those who don't know, is when you breath in your gut contracts and when you breath out, your gut expandes, Like power lifters do, as an example of non-ma application of reverse breathing.'

fabulous...

Comment

When I breathe in my diaphragm fills with air and swells, when I breathe out forcefully it contracts like a balloon that lets out all the air.

Are you saying reverse breathing is the opposite of that?
                        Last edited by blankslate; 1/22/2004 11:01pm, .

Comment

When you go to lift a heavy weight, or push a car, notice how you breathe ?
                          Notice how "naturally" your gut goes IN as you inhale ( specially on the dead lift)?
                          That is reverse breathing, we ALL do it, very naturally when we NEED to do it.

Comment

When you exhale, your abs tighten and your diaphragm contracts. Any time you make an explosive effort you should do this. As in boxing, to stop you getting winded if you catch a counter punch.

When you are expanding your stomach your diaphragm is moving out to pull air in. How can it work in reverse?

I breathe abdominally, but in the stomach-out-for-air-in method.

Comment

"reverse" is just a name some MA give it, thats all.
                              Some also call it "Taoist breathing"
                              Some strength trainers call it "power breathing".
                              Last edited by Ronin; 1/23/2004 7:51am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X