Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative medicine causes genocide, suppresses reporting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Alternative medicine causes genocide, suppresses reporting

    http://www.badscience.net/2009/04/ma...-this-chapter/

    long story short, a guy wrote a book with a chapter in it about how a vitamin advocate caused about a quarter of a million AIDS deaths in africa by pushing vitamins over antivirals, and the vitamin advocate sued him to suppress the chapter

    so the author took it out of the book

    and gave it away on the web instead


    #2
    i love alternative medicine people. they have so many cures for desieses like; polio, diabeties, hypogacimia, scarlet feaver, malaria, and a whole host of STDs!

    oh wait, did i just say a dumb?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by white_kimbo View Post
      i love alternative medicine people. they have so many cures for desieses like; polio, diabeties, hypogacimia, scarlet feaver, malaria, and a whole host of STDs!

      oh wait, did i just say a dumb?
      Dawg, don't be hatin.' You're just butthurt 'cuz the flu shot your GP gave you (who's in Big Pharma's pocket, by the way) didn't prevent you from getting sick, when you SHOULD have visited the homeopath down the street and bought a 100X arnica-based remedy that would have fixed you up lickety-split!

      Comment


        #4
        I always knew vitamins give you AIDS!

        Serious reply: The title isn't really fair, it's not the medicine that's too blame. Stupid people are to blame. Vitamins are a good thing. I take them everyday to keep me healthy, I just don't expect them to keep me from getting AIDS. I have scientolody for that.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
          Dawg, don't be hatin.' You're just butthurt 'cuz the flu shot your GP gave you (who's in Big Pharma's pocket, by the way) didn't prevent you from getting sick, when you SHOULD have visited the homeopath down the street and bought a 100X arnica-based remedy that would have fixed you up lickety-split!
          funny that you say that. when i was in boarding school, the flu shot was required every year. every year i got sick from it, then caught the flu anyway.

          never took another flu shot. now i just prepare for the fact that around december/january i'll be sick for a few days to a week.

          Comment


            #6
            These hippies that run to 3rd world countries preaching their various belief systems are doing more harm than good. In a few hundred years we'll look at them as culturally fucking up the natives just like xtian missionaries did in North and South America...

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by white_kimbo View Post
              funny that you say that. when i was in boarding school, the flu shot was required every year. every year i got sick from it, then caught the flu anyway.

              never took another flu shot. now i just prepare for the fact that around december/january i'll be sick for a few days to a week.
              See, what'd I tell ya? The only way to cure your ills is to take a super-duper-heavily-diluted remedy derived from Muscovy duck livers!

              I tell you what.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
                See, what'd I tell ya? The only way to cure your ills is to take a super-duper-heavily-diluted remedy derived from Muscovy duck livers!

                I tell you what.
                it's getting late and i have to work in the morning. i think i'll drink a shot of watered down coffee.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by RoninPimp View Post
                  These hippies that run to 3rd world countries preaching their various belief systems are doing more harm than good. In a few hundred years we'll look at them as culturally fucking up the natives just like xtian missionaries did in North and South America...

                  QFT, I think the same can be said for anti GMO activists, and religious nuts who are anti contraception.

                  This is a reasonable statement, however there is objective proof showing the benifits of chemotherapy.

                  http://www.chemocare.com/whatis/canc...emotherapy.asp

                  Without effective treatment, it is practical to assume the patients would die earlier.

                  suggested that three million lives could be saved if cancer patients stopped being treated by conventional medicine. The pharmaceutical industry was deliberately letting people die for financial gain.
                  The pharmaceutical industry, like any other industry, is primarily concerned with attaining and maintaining capital, I agree.

                  As I stated before, the benefits of modern medicine can, and have been objectively proven.

                  Stop AIDS Genocide by the Drugs Cartel.
                  Genocide specifically pertains to
                  "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."[1]

                  definition found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2
                  Not financial gain, this statement is misanthropic misinformation.

                  These statements have not and cannot be proven; they are ignorant as well as self-interested. For someone to claim the ineffectiveness of Cancer and HIV treatments and propagate the fiscal interests of pharmaceutical companies, he goes a long way to disseminate his products.

                  This guy is an idiot, nice find JohnnyCache.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by RoninPimp View Post
                    These hippies that run to 3rd world countries preaching their various belief systems are doing more harm than good. In a few hundred years we'll look at them as culturally fucking up the natives just like xtian missionaries did in North and South America...
                    Just about everyone it seems who runs over to Africa to do whatever does more harm than good, whether it be stopping GMOs or more likely testing pharmaceuticals on the populace, smuggling diamonds or weapons, or dumping toxic waste. Primarily because it's full of weak local governments who are easily bought and don't give a shit about their people.

                    It makes me feel really badly for those poor people, at least until I hear a story about female circumcision, or how someone was killed for witchcraft, and then I think "Man, did it ever occur to you guys that WHO YOU ARE IS WRONG?"

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by mojo23 View Post
                      Just about everyone it seems who runs over to Africa to do whatever does more harm than good, whether it be stopping GMOs or more likely testing pharmaceuticals on the populace, smuggling diamonds or weapons, or dumping toxic waste. Primarily because it's full of weak local governments who are easily bought and don't give a shit about their people.

                      It makes me feel really badly for those poor people, at least until I hear a story about female circumcision, or how someone was killed for witchcraft, and then I think "Man, did it ever occur to you guys that WHO YOU ARE IS WRONG?"
                      or when they imprison a goat because someone's stuff got stolen and they think the theif turned himself into a goat to hide.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The argument that "stupid people are the ones to blame" would be great, if it weren't for the fact that this propaganda campaign is being endorsed by these people's churches and governments.


                        There's enough bad information about AIDS in countries with FUNCTIONAL sex education . . . I shudder to think what it's like in Sudan or South Africa or Kentucky.

                        And this isn't "their" problem - the dumbest thing we can do with a fragile, but 100% lethal virus is give it a continent for an evolutionary laboratory.

                        If you think there's no profit motive to help the AIDS . . . pan and epi don't seem adequate... the AIDS OMNIdemic in africa, think about airborne AIDS. It's not very likely, but if we get were a billion people are walking around with various strains of it...

                        Comment


                          #13


                          GUILTY!!

                          Wasn't making the argument that stupid people are to blame, but since you bring it up, yeah, stupid people are to blame, and churches and governments in places like Sudan, South Africa and Kentucky are BRIMMING with stupid people.

                          That being said, even though I doubt that HIV will ever mutate to become airborne (almost no virus is that hardy) and that virulent strains of HIV are far more likely to come from overuse of antivirals and antibiotics in Western hospitals, the types of population reversals that Africa stands to undergo because of the AIDS epidemic are tragic on a near incomprehensible scale and as people of conscience, we should really do something to try to stop it.

                          The quesion is, what?

                          As I pointed out in another thread, in all of human history, we have not yet managed to develop a cure for a virus, so the only immediate recourse we have is proper sex education to encourage people to act responsibly. And I have to say, I feel badly for the folks fighting against people who claim things like HIV doesn't cause AIDS, or that AIDS can be cured by having sex with a virgin.

                          </rant>

                          Sorry if that came across as accusatory- having spent some years doing AIDS-related molecular virology, I can get worked up over it.

                          My personal thought is that our best bet for beating the disease is genetic modification. Some 5% of individuals of Northern European origin have T4 cells which lack the CKR-5 receptor site, which HIV uses during the early stages of infection. Such individuals are apparently immune. If we could modify the rest of us to share that genetic mutation, we could make ourselves immune to the virus.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by mojo23 View Post
                            My personal thought is that our best bet for beating the disease is genetic modification. Some 5% of individuals of Northern European origin have T4 cells which lack the CKR-5 receptor site, which HIV uses during the early stages of infection. Such individuals are apparently immune. If we could modify the rest of us to share that genetic mutation, we could make ourselves immune to the virus.
                            Last time I was current on the topic (about a decade ago), the rate of was estimated to be around 1%.


                            Good to know I can be a little more lenient with the condoms since the latex-free kind cost about twice as much.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              great read.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X