• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeo*snicker*pathy, Astrology

randini is a bigot

his small minded materialist view of reality has made him a bitter man

i must admit i do enjoy his shows and the way he deals with flake etc

but i dont agree with his fundemental materalist stance

You also do wing chun. Nothing more need be said.

Comment

ahhhh a wing chun hater

oh probably an idiot as well

:p

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pope View Post
        randini is a bigot
        In what way?
        This is not philosophy. This is reality. And how is he small minded?
        i must admit i do enjoy his shows and the way he deals with flake etc but i dont agree with his fundemental materalist stance
        His is not a philosophical argument, nor is he a fundamentalist. Fundamentalism is a strict adherence to a religious minority belief. Clearly, James Randi is not a fundamentalist.

Comment

randini is a bigot

i must admit i do enjoy his shows and the way he deals with flake etc

but i dont agree with his fundemental materalist stance

Normally, I would not respond to such nonsense...and I am going to continue that policy.

Your unsupported claims are not worth wasting a minute to refute.

Comment

[quote=cafezinho;2079187]In what way?[/qote]

in that he cant except anything that doesnt fit into the orthodox scientific paradigm

Originally posted by cafezinho View Post
            This is not philosophy. This is reality. And how is he small minded?
            His is not a philosophical argument, nor is he a fundamentalist. Fundamentalism is a strict adherence to a religious minority belief. Clearly, James Randi is not a fundamentalist.
            he expects 'reality' (whatever that is!) to conform to a materialistic framework and that there is nothing more to 'it' than that

that is known as 'fundementalist materialism'

the word fundementalist applies to anybody who belives strictly in the fundementals of ANY belief system

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Originally posted by Little Lamb View Post
            Normally, I would not respond to such nonsense...and I am going to continue that policy.

Your unsupported claims are not worth wasting a minute to refute.
            :occasion1

Comment

[quote=Da Pope;2080409]
              Originally posted by cafezinho View Post
              In what way?[/qote]

in that he cant except anything that doesnt fit into the orthodox scientific paradigm

he expects 'reality' (whatever that is!) to conform to a materialistic framework and that there is nothing more to 'it' than that

that is known as 'fundementalist materialism'

the word fundementalist applies to anybody who belives strictly in the fundementals of ANY belief system

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

:occasion1
              Flummery....

All Mr. Randi has ever done is say "prove it." When people make exceptional claims about powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, he simply says "prove it."

We have this wonderful system in place called "The scientific method" which works wonderfully well. The addition of someone who is aware of the ways of trickery, and can insure such methods are not used in the scientific testing, is critical.

You sir may claim to have a purple dragon in your basement. I am not a bigot when I ask you to show it to me. If you refuse, my not accepting your story as truth is the logical conclusion of our time together.

This is all Mr. Randi has done, and I applaud him for it.

Comment

[quote=Mtripp;2080417]

Flummery....

All Mr. Randi has ever done is say "prove it." When people make exceptional claims about powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, he simply says "prove it."

We have this wonderful system in place called "The scientific method" which works wonderfully well. The addition of someone who is aware of the ways of trickery, and can insure such methods are not used in the scientific testing, is critical.

You sir may claim to have a purple dragon in your basement. I am not a bigot when I ask you to show it to me. If you refuse, my not accepting your story as truth is the logical conclusion of our time together.

This is all Mr. Randi has done, and I applaud him for it.

i should make it clear

i also applaud mr randini for his work

i once saw a documentry where there was a guy who believed he could communicate with preverbal children

by some sort of telepathy

and he took the randini challenge...........and failed

undaunted the guy then got his brain scanned by MRI

and low and behold something extra ordinary was happening in his brain

anther case srpins to mind glossalia

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...b4a29f4063b345

for years the scientific communitee has attempted to derail things it doesnt understand

or due to narrow minded researcher beliving they have the only ay to test things

but more and more the scientific old guard is having to listen to new break throughs

randini (who i emphasise has my uttmost respect) is a showman playing at scientist

another case was where he apparently debunked homeopathy

and yet there is now accumulating SCIENTIFIC evidence that homeopathy is actually onto something previously undercovered by science

http://www.garynull.com/documents/ar...c_research.htm

randini has his own agenda that is all i am saying

Comment

[quote=Da Pope;2080441]
                  Originally posted by Mtripp View Post

i should make it clear

i also applaud mr randini for his work

i once saw a documentry where there was a guy who believed he could communicate with preverbal children

by some sort of telepathy

and he took the randini challenge...........and failed

undaunted the guy then got his brain scanned by MRI

and low and behold something extra ordinary was happening in his brain

anther case srpins to mind glossalia

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...b4a29f4063b345

for years the scientific communitee has attempted to derail things it doesnt understand

or due to narrow minded researcher beliving they have the only ay to test things

but more and more the scientific old guard is having to listen to new break throughs

randini (who i emphasise has my uttmost respect) is a showman playing at scientist

another case was where he apparently debunked homeopathy

and yet there is now accumulating SCIENTIFIC evidence that homeopathy is actually onto something previously undercovered by science

http://www.garynull.com/documents/ar...c_research.htm

randini has his own agenda that is all i am saying

More flummery...

The only agenda that Mr. Randi has is learning the truth. Your projections aside, that is the only thing that matters to him.

The real agenda, from Houdini's day to present, is to take the money from foolish people dunce enough to believe in silly things like horoscopes, witches, demons, and all manner of invisible friends they talk to.

Your attempt to claim the pseudo-science of homeopathy has any effect beyond sugar pills, using Gary Null as your source, is much the same as if you asked John Edwards his opinion of hearing from dead people.

Phui

I am waiting for a homeopathic muffler shop to open.....

Comment

Comment

Say what you want, but he has a magnificent beard.

Comment

he sure does

Comment

How you got popeship I'll never know.

What are the conclusions of any of those studies, Mr. Pope? Furthermore, what were their measures? Where they double blind? Correlational? Biased?

Jesus Christ, Pope. Get it together.

Comment

and you call yourself king of the impossible?!?

maybe you should read the papers yourself and form an educated opinion rather than going with popular opinion?

I know its a crazy thought..........

Comment

You sir, are either a donkey or the perfect imitation of one.

Allow me to give the rest of the class everything they need to know about the subject, and the "tests" listed above.

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/...homeopathy.ars

Enjoy

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X