X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick
    replied
    I am the great thread ressurector!

Having read the buzz on the forthcoming movie for several months now, I finally broke down and borrowed the DVDs from a friend of mine.

Wow.

This show kicks ass, and Fox is perhaps the dumbest network of them all. I find it hilarious that amidst the signing of a 3 picture deal for the Firefly films there have been some murmurs from Fox along the lines of "maybe we made a mistake, maybe we'll ya know.... give it another shot". Personally I'd like to see Firefly get on sci-fi or one of the big three..... they should abandon Fox and never look back; that network does not deserve a show that good.

Jayne Cob is my hero ^_^

Mal: "Nice shot."
    Jayne: "I was aiming for his head."

"I been work'n on this little idea of mine; why don't we shoot her first?"

"Dear Diary, today I was pompus and my sister was crazy. Today me and my sister were kidnapped by hill folk never to be heard from again. It was the best day ever."

"10% of noth'n is, now let me do the math- noth'n and noth'n."

"Why'd y'all order a dead guy?"

Malcom ain't so bad either; honestly the closest thing to Han Solo in 20 years. True badass.

The dialogue, as with anything Whedon touches, is awesome. The FX are way better than one would expect for a freaking TV show. The fights are perhaps the best coreographed bits of dirty fighting ever put on TV.

I love this series and will happily dump my earnings into having every bit of it in every form.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteShark
    replied
    New Years Day not New Years eve. It was a nice recovery thing.

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    you spent new years watching sci-fi? Thats almost worse than my new years....

Leave a comment:

• WhiteShark
    replied
    I watched all the episodes in Joss' intended order as a New Years marathon. Freakin sweet, I am so pumped for the new season. Oh wait crap the idiot executives cancelled the best new show of 2002!!! ahhhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    With that romo avatar, I'll just let you keep the remote.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteShark
    replied
    Bring it but you have to fight me for the remote! Seriously we can tape it and post in throwdown :)

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    Unreleased??? I'm flying to Altanta this after noon, better make extra popcorn!

Leave a comment:

• WhiteShark
    replied
    Well I gotta go with Babylon 5 over DS9!

Anybody watch the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries? It fukn ROCKED but I don't think it will become a series like it deserves. Oh yeah and I'm watching the unreleased episodes of FF tonight bitches!

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    they're always black! at least from the next genereation on. I think....

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    So did I man. I didn't think aynone watched it.
    DS9 was off the charts when it came to action. None of the other ST's came even close to the number of ships they had fighting in that series. I just loved that show for so many reason! So what if I'm a trekky! Get over it! The characters were real in that show, with damn good acting too, especially in the last seasons. In those seasons, one week they would have a huge battle, and the next it would be intrigue/mystery/politics. I loved it!
    From what little I've seen of Bab5, it was pretty cool.
    Whats the new ST like? I've heard its ok.
    Do you see what they're left with in Andromeda? Whoever that blond chick is should be fucking fired! She is so god awful, I actually stopped watching because her terrible acting morphed with her terrible character writing to create something so vile I couldn't stand to even look at it! Kinda like George Dubya....

Leave a comment:

• Meteora
    replied
    I thought I was the only person who watched FF.

Leave a comment:

• Stick
    replied
    Never got to see much of Firefly, maybe I'll check otu the DVDs, srely one of my fellow geeks here or back home will have the DVDs soon.

Also, the last few seasons of DS9 were fucking awe inspiring.

Andromeda blows dogs for quarters.

edit: AGH GOD NO.... WHITE SHARK DANCES!!!

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    Its amazing how bad kevin sorbo is. Like, really bad. The coolest guys are tyr and the maggog guy, they rocked and had interesting characters, everyone else is boring and predicatable. I dont think I've watched the show since the first season.

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    There's not a single good actor on that entire show. The writing is terrible. The fight scenes are ok, but nothing compared to the last few seasons of Deep Space 9.

Leave a comment:

• elipson
    replied
    Ya this show fucking rocked! It was so much better than that andromeda crap that is on everywhere right now!

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X