One of the reasons I QUIT bouncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reasons I QUIT bouncing

This happend at the night club I used to bounce at.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...23/295279.html

Tue, December 23, 2003
    Club killers spark panic
    Male victim shot in head
    By JONATHAN KINGSTONE AND ROB LAMBERTI, TORONTO SUN

A man was shot in the head and killed in an apparently unprovoked slaying as he stood by a bar at a popular downtown nightclub early yesterday morning. As police were trying to help the dying man, the cold-blooded killer or killers opened fire again inside the G-Spot nightclub.

The gunfire stampeded frantic patrons through the front door of the Richmond St. W. nightclub near John St. at 2:30 a.m., where FLOW 93.5 FM hosted 4 Play Sundays, a regular live radio event, between 10 p.m. Sunday and 1 a.m. yesterday.

The victim, in his 20s, who is known to police, had no vital signs as he lay on the floor, bleeding from a wound to the base of the skull.

Police and medics backed off until the area was secured by emergency task force officers.

Medics were able to get a weak pulse from the victim, but he later died at St. Michael's Hospital. The victim's name is being withheld until an autopsy is performed this morning.

WOMAN IN TEARS

Witness Evelyn Nawadi, 38, said she was standing near the victim in the club's basement bar when a man approached the victim and opened fire.

"A guy came up and shot him," said Nawadi, who was shaking and crying after giving a statement to police. She said there was no argument or fight prior to the gunshots.

Nawadi said all female patrons were frisked at the door and males searched with a metal-detecting wand. "I don't know how they didn't find the gun," she said.

It's possible the suspects fired the second time to create mayhem so they could hide in the crowd and escape, Det. Greg Groves said.

"Extremely brazen, very brazen," he said. "All I'm certain of right now is there's at least one shooter, possibly two."

Groves said detectives are reviewing videos from surveillance cameras within and outside the club.

A man who was in the club at the time of the shooting said the bouncers are fairly thorough in frisking patrons.

"I was in another room and all of sudden I heard people stampeding out," said Jim, who didn't want his last name used. "I yelled what was going on, and someone said, 'Someone just got shot, call the police.' "

"I know other people get scared, but me personally, no," Jim said. "Violence, yeah, it happens. It's a fact of life."

The club is licensed to hold about 1,100 people and Groves estimates there were 500 to 700 patrons there at the time of shooting.

TRICKLE OF WITNESSES

Groves said there's been a slow but steady trickle of witnesses coming forward to give details of the city's 62nd murder of the year, which matches last year's death toll.

"We are appealing to the many patrons that attended that nightclub" to come forward, Groves said.

The victim had apparently gone to the club with a large number of friends.
    Last edited by Ronin; 12/23/2003 9:49am, .

In the middle of a fucking club !

Unbelievable.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

I would imagine it wasn't very quiet at all while you're bouncing no? Usually there's music and people and everything. But you're from Canada right? Do you're clubs not have music? I imagine it would still be loud, just from people talking and everything.
      "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know, TYPO....
        Fucking guys and your hard-on's for spelling.
        Here spell this: E-A-T M-E !!!
        :)

Comment

LOL
          "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Comment

Shit like that makes me a bit nervous.
            I got a job offer of bouncing at a gay club, bartending there, or waiting tables at a steak house and I am not sure what to pick.
            And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

IF you have to wonder wither to work at a steak house or be hit on by gay men....

It was an execution killing, by the way.

Comment

Hey Greese1, if you're good-looking you can get mad tips!!
                Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Steak house.

Comment

tips will probably be better at the bar, if you're straight they'll think you're being coy and try and tip a lot. if you're gay you can get play.

you can get meat at either.

Comment

Its a "win ass", "win ass" , situation.

Comment

Yeah, I think the gay bar job would be more money with less work, but I don't know how much I would dig getting hit on by gay guys all the time.
                        On the other hand, they get a lot of straight women in there.
                        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

As long as you're *ahem* up front about being straight, you'll get left alone by the regulars pretty quick. Some of my best "girlfriends" are gay men, so I've hung out in many a gay bar, some with straight waiters/bartenders. They all had a good sense of humor about it, and it was never a problem.

I mean, waitress have to deal with it all the time, it's just a hazard of the job.

Go with the bartending.
                          Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

There was a police officer named Sonny Rogers. I looked up to him when I was a kid. He looked out for my Dad sometimes. Anyway, he was playing in a bar one night with his band and some drunk guy was upset at his wife and came in waving a gun around. Sonny pulled out his pistol and yelled for the guy to drop his gun. The guy just wheeled around and shot him between the eyes. It was a lucky shot, I guess. Sonny died instantly.

It's hard to ever really feel safe at a bar. Anything can happen with so many drunk people around.

Comment

Yeah, the main draw to it is that assuming I get the job, I will be able to train more.
                              School in the day, training in the eve, work at night....
                              The downside is that I have to give up my seasonal bartending job where I make a ton, but we are closed after the 31st till VD day, and then they close again right after that till March.
                              But on any of those nights I will make 150-200.
                              The other problem with the gay bar, and the reason I stopped going there when my gf and her friends would go years ago was A. Getting my ass grabbed and B. I ran into too many people I knew from when I debated in high school.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X