Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadpan Scientist
    replied
    My Dad told me that when he was selling university sportswear, he called on the UCSC bookstore, and he said it was like "Stepping back into the 60s"

Leave a comment:

• DJeter1234
    replied
    http://www.princetonreview.com/colle...1023551&LTID=1 for UC santa cruz, has pretty much everything else 2

You would not beleive some of the weed-related stories I've heard about that school...

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    Yeah, that's the main reason I want to go there. It's beautiful. Also, I'd like to live somewhat close to SF and Berkeley, but not too close. Santa Cruz seems about right. Too bad I'm not into drugs. Are there lots of good looking ladies there? I hope so. My sister's friend goes to Davis. She hates it there.

Leave a comment:

• Deadpan Scientist
    replied
    Santa Cruz has a really nice campus...

I might end up there if I don't get into anywhere else...

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    Interesting. I don't think I'd wanna go to Berkeley even if I got in. Seems like a pain in the ass. Hmmm... hopefully my very mediocre goal of getting into Santa Cruz will be realized. Or if not I guess I can always go to San Francisco state. Ugh. I hate this shit. I hated high school and I fucking hate college (though not nearly as much as high school).

Leave a comment:

• Deadpan Scientist
    replied
    It depends how crappy the gpa is. It also depends on what UC. For example, someone with a 1600 and a 2.5 would probably not get into Berkeley. But someone with a 3.0 and a 1400 would probably be able to get into somewhere like UC Davis ;)

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    For serious? Even with my crappy GPA? I hope to raise it to over a 3.0 after next semester.

Leave a comment:

• Deadpan Scientist
    replied
    1400+ would be good enough to get into any UC.

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    Right now it's a 2.89. I started taking college classes when I was like 14, because I hated highschool. I didn't even know if I wanted to go to college at the time, so I didn't put it any effort. Even less than I do now. I boned myself.

The only UCs I'm really interested in are Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz. I know Santa Cruz is real easy to get into it, but apparently they're making it harder because of a lack of funds. I don't really know anything about UCSB.

My SAT score was 1340, but I'm trying to figure out whether that was good or not and if I should take it again and try to get a better grade. I think if I studied for it at all I'd be able to break 1400 easily. I was quite rusty with some math that I know I would've been able to do in a flash a year or so ago, when I was taking math classes.

Leave a comment:

• The Wastrel
    replied
    Mikus,
    UC? As a transfer student? What's your GPA?

Leave a comment:

• Jenfucius
    replied
    check the fiske guide to colleges

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    I dunno. A UC. Fuckin a, I'm a transfer student. So normally I don't think it'd matter. Its just that my GPA sucks. So I want to get good SAT scores so I can get in places.

Leave a comment:

• Jenfucius
    replied
    depends on where you want to go to college!

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    started a topic SAT

SAT

What is the average SAT score? What's considered "good?" I can't find any stats on it.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X