No announcement yet.

Using the Wing Chun Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you guys would speak English or the real ma language, Japanese!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

yeah, wing chun blocks are not about meeting force head on. When I took wing chun the first thing my sifu taught was shifting. After that he taught shifting while doing the blocks, so you dont take punches and kicks head on.

Comment

Japanese is a hard language to learn. But I wouldnt mine learning it.
        Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Oh, and when you do the bong say make sure the palm of your hand is up to your opponent's chin.

Comment

So, centerline and parries. Like any striking art.

Okay.

Freddy - actually, japanese is simple in grammar IIRC. And EASY to pronounce, all vowel-consonant pairs. Ba, Ka, for example :D
            Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

Originally posted by riceavenger
              Oh, and when you do the bong say make sure the palm of your hand is up to your opponent's chin.
              That's not really true. It all depends on what you're using the bong sau for.

On a low bong your hand wouldn't be up to the chin.

Comment

Japanese may be simple in grammar, but it can be hard to understand at times because of the lack of a subject. While the basic Japanese they teach you in college may be easy to understand it's different, once you come over here.

Sorry, I don't have anything to add about the original discussion. However, I think most locks will fail unless you get the proper set up.

Comment

Nihilanthic and Ippatsu182 I've got to work on my Japanese then. I wouldnt mind learning to speak another language. I wonder how hard it is to read in Japanese.
                  Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Honestly, you should spend more time learning how to speak than to read, unless you just want to read manga. I spent 3 years in college memorizing about 1,200 kanji. It helps me read signs and stuff over here, but it hasn't been that helpful. It's much better to improve your speaking and listening skills.

If you are interested in learning Japanese, you should try taking a course at your local community college. If you can't do that, I recommend you buy "Japanese for Busy People" and be sure to get the CDs, although they're a bit pricey. Sorry for the off topic post.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X