No announcement yet.

China and Taiwan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other deposed governments of China have fled to Taiwan and acted like the 'real China' for awhile. It is an old story.

China may use the Korean nuke issue to say to the US, we will take care of Korea if you let us have Taiwan.

Some think that the long term US policy is to contain China by surrounding the country with bases and at the same time maintaining hegemony over middle east oil fields.

The Vietnamese have been at war with China many times. We did NOT fight the Chinese in Vietnam. If we had had better relations with China they'd have been happy to help us crush Vietnam. It's been under their rule before.

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckMA
      Fuck man, in Brampton, you'll be praying to Ganeesh well before that.
      Aint that the fuckin truth !!!!!!!!

Comment

1. china could destroy taiwan at any time. they've acquired something called "missiles" over there, equipped with something called "warheads." they also have the advantage of being about 100 miles away from taiwan and having a retardedly huge amount of manpower.

2. this would be a disaster for taiwan and destroy their prosperity

3. this would be really bad for china, seriously messing up a source of investment and management expertise, as well as potentially starting a war with america and possibly leading to sanctions that would set them back quite a bit. the economic ramifications would seriously destabilize the regime's delicate hold on power

4. this would be bad for america. asian wars get messy fast.

5. china is more willing to sacrifice lives and manpower to recover taiwan if necessary. how many american lives are we willing to sacrifice for taiwanese independence?

6. taiwanese is not a dead language. my uncle speaks it, my kendo teacher and his buddies speak it.

7. hopefully bush is too busy fucking with muslims to get involved in a crazy showdown in asia

8. it's a good thing the korean war happened, because even though it fucked up korea it kept mao from invading taiwan in the 50's like he planned

9. war is bad for everyone. the only way it would happen would be if taiwan declared independence, which china cannot allow. stupid democracy in taiwan is fucking everything up

Comment

Jack Daniel's (learn the spelling, it even says it on the bottle), is quite far from good ;)...

& actually, I'm sorry I can't bother to find the references right now, there was a test in which it was decided that the best Scotch whiskey was made in Japan...

Comment

10. this is why i'm in america, fucking with honkies instead of amongst my chinese brethern.

Comment

I fail to see where I was talking about hsit I didn't understand.... anywho.

Some of us honkies aren't as stupid as you might like to think.

Give us a little credit.

Comment

That's okay, the best Sake comes from California.
                Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
                Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Comment

"We did NOT fight the Chinese in Vietnam."

ummhh... I believe we had runin with Chinese requlars in Vietnam. I will do some research. Maybe thye were advisors....

Comment

uh, we fought the chinese in korea. hello?

Comment

uh, wastrel's not that bad, for a cracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolverk
                        That's okay, the best Sake comes from California.
                        That's quite possible.... (I hope you know what sake tastes like) -> I hate sake.

Comment

dai tenshi, on the other hand, looks like a vampire boxer. blah, i vant to suck your blood almost as much as i vant a shot at the welterweight crown! blah!

Comment

Sake is only good while eating a nice meal. It truly enhances the flavor of the food. Other then that, I don't drink it on it's own.
                            Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
                            Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Comment

blah, i mean, Velterweight crown!

Comment

sake sucks dick and the japanese can blow me!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X