No announcement yet.

China and Taiwan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, send it along. And I forgive the homo remark if you will forgive my geographical mistake. I will trade you a fine bottle of excellent Amercian Whiskey if you like.
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Comment

American Whiskey !!!! HAHAHAHHAHHA

Comment

Jack Daniels baby..... top it.

Comment

donkey piss

Comment

I don't have the book on me now, but a public opinion poll conducted in the PRC in the late 90's found that when asked to attribute one word to the Japanese people as a whole, more than 60% chose "cruel" (so totally not what I'm seeing here in Japan), and that over 50% of the nation distrusts Japan.

Similairly, a poll in South Korea found that the most hated nation is Japan.

Having spoken to several Chinese students, not only here but in the states, would say that even among the intelligencia (students), China does not trust Japan.

There's a joke that goes something like "If you want to unify North and South Korea, just land a couple Japanese troops."

Talking to the Japanese about world war 2 really is a case study in educational censorship, so many people in the college level don't even know why the rest of Asia hates them so much (and that they act so innocent when confronted does nothing to disspell that hatered).

I have been made to feel uncomfortable a few times by the mentioning of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, however- in a different conversation, not as a response to them bringing it up, jsust wanted to see- when I ask the average Japanese student if they know about the Japanese military's Unit 731 and its operations in Manchuria (biowarfare experimentation on local populations, experiments that easily rival what the nazis did, diseases still run in China that can be traced back to the work of these guys), almost everyone of them is absolutly clueless.

BTW: If you want to feel physically ill, Unit 731 http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/NanjingMassacre/NMU731.html some links (haven't checked 'em all)

It really is very fascinating.

I'm also of the mind that China should seriously move on and admit that Taiwan is not there, the current situation with Taiwan as an independant nation is fine and the CCP insisstance (as bad as the PRC's, after all the Taiwanese feel compelled to rattle their sabers cause the PRC still insissts they're not a nation, not exactly one sided) that Taiwan return to the fold is very much responsible for this crisis. I really can't blame Taiwan for this, the PRC are acting like children, IMHO.

Comment

NO ONE trusts the Japanese, what is the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Bolverk
                Okay, send it along. And I forgive the homo remark if you will forgive my geographical mistake. I will trade you a fine bottle of excellent Amercian Whiskey if you like.
                I'm not going to ask where you are going to find 'excellent' AmerCIan Whiskey...

But, I can tell you that you can probably buy Finlandia vodka in your local liquor store, just like I can buy the most common brands of 'American' 'whiskeys' (=bourbon) in mine...

So it would be very very retarded to send anything...

;)

Comment

i love it when crackers debate something they don't know anything about!!! wastrel, help us out here!!!

Comment

Hey, Egon asked (sorry, dont remember you screen name at the momment and yu aren't on this page of the thread, Egon)

Oh wait, yes you are, sorry, Justme.

I thought it was kind of interesting, Ronin, but ok.... fine, whatever.

Comment

Wow Jen, thanks.

Enlighten me.

Comment

I don't want common sir. Jack Daniels is pretty good, but there a much better that you would never find in Europe, or Canada for that matter. Canadain whiskey is okay, but Irish Whisky and Scotch a far superior, as are the Amercian Whiskeys. Sorry Ronin.

But then again, what the hell does any of this have to do with Taiwan? LOL
                        Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
                        Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Comment

Taiwanese Whiskey ?

Comment

That'd be new.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
                              I am breaking out my samurai armour and shogun helmet !!!!!!!

BOW AND KNEEL BEFORE LORD RONIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Fuck man, in Brampton, you'll be praying to Ganeesh well before that.

Comment

An observation and a non-argumentative question.

Why is the mainland so anxious to ensure Taiwan never declares independence? It's not at all clear to me why they're so worried about such a small nation officially recognizing the status quo.

At this point, I think it'd be impossible for the mainland to invade Taiwan. Last time I checked into this topic (about 12 months ago or so; remarkably, prior to my research, I had the opposite opinion on this subject), I couldn't figure out how the Chinese would run a workable amphibious assault operation. I dunno. . .maybe a reverse Dunkirk?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X