No announcement yet.

China and Taiwan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taiwan has a capable military, and china can't send massive amt. of troops to invade the island (right now anyways). So I would expect the u.s. would support Taiwan for a long time.

Comment

I am breaking out my samurai armour and shogun helmet !!!!!!!

BOW AND KNEEL BEFORE LORD RONIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"Of course, it won't hlep me much, since I'm still fighting against the government, whatever it's called..."

Yeah,yeah... your into devil worship. So you become the "Evil" ruler.... You come to the dying lands (Canada) with your army to conquer Warlord Ronin... Ronin meets you on the plains of Toronto and beheads you.....

Comment

No no, I'm not evil in any way really... But I guess your precognition is otherwise quite accurate.

Comment

Don't even ask what I do with a decapitated head !!!

Comment

We already know that.... sell it on Ebay.

Comment

They pay money for that!? Get the price & I'm cutting my own head off quite soon...

Comment

Back to Taiwan.

Its military has NO chance without aide, any aide would make China flexs its muscles, and there you have it, WAR.

Comment

Open bid $2 U.S.

Comment

Hey, LLL, how about sending me along a nice bottle of Absolute?
                      Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
                      Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Comment

Gonna copy paste a little bit o' history I babbled forth in a previous thread, forgive me if it's been brought up before, and I acknowledge that I glossed over a few thing.

In addendum however: Taiwan is independant, as Ronin said, China hasn't had anything resembling control oover that island for the past 100 years. The issue of Taiwan's "independance" is rather inappropriatly named.

++++++++

Despite any claims the PRC may make today, China only began to give a rodent's hind-end about Taiwan in the last 60 years or so. Granted it was China's property before the Sinno-Japanese war, but there was only a modest ethnically Chinese population and the native Taiwanese to speak of; suffice it to say the Qing (Ming, whatever, the Machus) Dynnasty and the average Chinese person didn't particularly care about Taiwan when the Japanese colonized it after the war.

The Nationalist Party, founded by Dr. Sun Yat Sen- recognized by Chinese everywhere (even amongst the "brain washed" masses of the PRC) the founder of modern China and a hero of the Chinese people-, fought for decades to oust the Manchu emperor, and in 1911 that emperor finally fell. The following warlord period saw very little peace in China and the Nationalist Party (Guo Min Dong, KMD, GMD, whatever) was not strong enough to maintain sway in the government. The GMD lost control in the 1920's- followed shortly be Sen's death- and warlords fought incessantly untill the Japanese invaded in the 30's.

There was no love lost between the CCP and GMD, however at the time the Japanese were a far more pressing threat, and the two opposing political parties left each other be to try and stop the Rising Sun. While the GMD foolishy tried to fight the Japanese on the open field- with conventional tactics and weapons-, the CCP (Chinese Communist Party, in case you missed it) utillized guerilla tactics in the cities: terrorist tactics. Suffice it to say, when US observes came to see how US aid was being used by KMT forces (no aid was given to the CCP), not a single American was impressed and they all predicted that, once Japan was out of China, the CCP would ultimatly defeat the GMD.

After Japan was noo longer a factor, what the analysts said came to pass. From their mountainous rural stronghold in Yenan, the CCP push the GMD further and further south untill the GMD had no choice but to retreat to and fortify Taiwan.

Then the governing body of mainland China gave a flying fuck about that island again; in order to crush a rival political force (and now to gain one of the more profitable places on earth).

++++++++

Comment

Fact is, Taiwan likes to "rattle its sabers" because it believes the US will be there to back them up.

Comment

DT.... From talking to the people you do, do you think there are still bitter feelings between China and Japan for everything that happened during WW2? Probably from the Chinese side. A lady I work with is Chinese, over here on work visa, and she said her mother STILL cannot abide Japanese. Her mother remembers has a little girl bodies being dumped into some river and washed down a canal or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolverk
                              Hey, LLL, how about sending me along a nice bottle of Absolute?
                              F'n homo, Absolut is from Sweden... In Finland we drink Finlandia...

;)

I don't drink vodka, I drink beer. & in any case, why would I in fact, send you ANYTHING for free ;)

Oh wait, I guess that's the American way. ;)

Comment

"Oh wait, I guess that's the American way."

The American way is to send it to you with my tax dollars...geez everyone knows that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X