Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Ridiculous Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous Suit

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...court_parks_dc
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

So you can't write about historically significant people now? Lovely.

(I realize that there is no final verdict yet. I just think Parks' suit is really disgusting.)
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Hey Ya! is the jam!

Comment

I personally enjoy Outkast's new raps...and songs.
        "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
        - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

She's a public figure, they didn't use her image did they? I have to agree with the Defendants on this one. This is another one of those cases that is sad to see.
          “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

The joys of litigation, America's favorite passtime...

Comment

The only I have to say is: ONLY IN AMERICA!
              Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Something like that would probably never happen in Canada. America seems to be the law suite capital of the world. Shhheshhh! never mind if a burglar broke into your home in America and he trips and falls down the stairs the owner of the home probably gets sue! Ridiculus is mildly putting it!
                Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Outkast is great:

"What's cooler than cool? ICE COLD!!

Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture! Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture!"

Profound.

Comment

"Don't want to meet yo Daddy...just want you in my caddy!!"
                    Hey Ya! is great song
                    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
                      She's a public figure, they didn't use her image did they? I have to agree with the Defendants on this one. This is another one of those cases that is sad to see.
                      To me, this is a tricky question.
                      Does she want to be a public figure? Its one thing to be a catalyst for change, its another to be a publicity seeking celebrity.

If she wants to be known in the public domain, then she's on shakey ground, if she just wants to be a private person, then she should have every right to privacy.

Its like actors. Some of them seek the fame and publicity, so can't really criticise when they get unflattering coverage as well. Then there are those who just want to act in a film, and want to have a private life of their own away from the media
                      glare.

Mind you... I hate the cult of celebrity, so I'm biased.
                      Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Bullshit.

Unbelieavable.
                        Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                        "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Sounds like the crux of her case is business.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarber
                            To me, this is a tricky question.
                            Does she want to be a public figure? Its one thing to be a catalyst for change, its another to be a publicity seeking celebrity.

If she wants to be known in the public domain, then she's on shakey ground, if she just wants to be a private person, then she should have every right to privacy.

Its like actors. Some of them seek the fame and publicity, so can't really criticise when they get unflattering coverage as well. Then there are those who just want to act in a film, and want to have a private life of their own away from the media
                            glare.

Mind you... I hate the cult of celebrity, so I'm biased.
                            Well this is not a defmation action, so the standards applicable to the voluntary vs. involuntary public figure rules do not necessarily apply. Her image was not used.

Its a commercial speech issue. I would have to investigate it more. If the image was used, it would be a slam dunk, but just a name, I don't know, seems weak.
                            “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Whos Outkast?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X