The Hunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hunted

Alright.... Most of the movie was a poor take off on First Blood, but on the DVD extras, they showed the experts that trained the actors. It was pretty interesting, and they said these guys also trained SF guys.... Anyway, what did you think of the knife fight sequences.... Tracking was kind of interesting too. Tom Brown can really track from what I have heard.

Knife fighting was philipino, and it was more flashy than it should be, but, very well done for the movie.

Comment

i don't see how you could sustain that amount of damage and not bleed to death

oh yeah, the part where tommy manufactures the blade from the stone, well i have seen real flintnappers work and it is not that easy. gotta love the movies ;)

can you actually throw a knife with enough force to make it penetrate that deep into a tree branch without sacrificing accuracy?

Comment

nope

Comment

What do you think of Tom Brown's survival knife he designed.....

Comment

it looked too heavy on the front end, it looked nearly impossible to throw without flipping.

Comment

on a note related to my earlier post regarding the wounds sustained in the last battle:

i used to work in construction, building grain bins. anyway, we had a guy who was doing something stupid and fell off of a step ladder. he caught himself on a cage we were building but he only had one arm supporting his weight, well the arm he was hanging on with raked across a piece of corrugated steel just below his bicep. then he fell the remaining 3 or 4 feet to the ground.

me and another guy were standing right next to him when this happened, he lost so much blood almost instantly that it sounded and looked like someone dumped a bucket on the ground. pretty gruesome.

the guy nexted to me and behind him grabbed under his arm and tried to slow the blood flow, i was wearing a bandana and we tied that around, as this was happening our formen came running and they all jumped in a truck and hauled ass to the hospital.

dude wound up being okay but lost a lot of power and mobility out of his arm. sad, he was a big strong 18 year old when this happened.

point being, getting stabbed under your arm without immediate assistance = fucked

Comment

You hit ANY of the MAJOR arteries you are fucked, except if you are in a movie, then its the stuntman whos fucked.

Comment

lol

Comment

realistic action movie? pffft doesn't exist.
                    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
                      You hit ANY of the MAJOR arteries you are fucked, except if you are in a movie, then its the stuntman whos fucked.

Not necessarily. This is true for arteries such as the carotid and the femoral (neck and groin), but other arteries, such as the radial (wrist) will constrict upon trauma. Even a "suicide" wound (one running the length of the wrist instead of across) to the wrist can take up to an hour and a half to bleed a person out. The sequences in the movie are Sayoc Kali which does use sequences of cuts to guarantee an arterial/venal hit. Contrary to popular belief, it is more difficult to hit an artery than one would think.

Comment

dude, he shoves a fucking big knife all the way through tommy lee jones' bicep

Comment

Again, the brachial artery (one lying under your bicep) is very deep and capable of dramatic constriction. I've seen guys in the field with rods through their arms and even their arms torn off and they still had very little bleeding due to the vasoconstriction. Certain arteries (namely the carotid) cannot constrict fast enough. Actually, you don't bleed to death from a slash to the neck. But rather the air embolisms that shoot straight to your heart and brain the second the artery/vein is opened due to the fact that it is so close to your heart and brain. In reality, the person is dead before they hit the ground, even if they do flail and twitch.
                          Last edited by Clash77; 12/05/2003 2:45am, .

Comment

=P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X