Military Stands in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Stands in history

Alright, I am tired of talking politics,but not of talking great military events....What in your opinion are some of the great military stands(battles) in history....Some of the ones I like are:

1. Thermoplyea (sp) Spartans are tough
    2. Rorkes Drift Sir... How many Zulu's?
    3. Chamberlin and the 20th Maine on Little Round Top
    4. The "Old Guard" at Rossomme Heights Waterloo
    5. The Young Guard at Placoniet(sp) same battle
    6. Frozen Chosin
    7. Arnhem and 82nd Crossing the Waal.
    8. Airborne during D-Day and Omaha Beach
    9. Hamburger Hill and the 101 Screamin Eagles
    10. Bastogne and 101st
    11 Wake Island Tough bunch of Marines...
    12 The Lost Battalion WW1
    13 Aussies Gallipoli (what a waste)
    14 Fredericksburg, and Maryes Hts. (shouldn't have made that assault)

Hmm...I wonder about including the ones that were just misguided, like Gallipoli. Since you covered most of the best, I offer:

The Battle of Agincourt
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Yeah Wastrel... What the hell where those knights thinking? They had to see the ground was soft!!! Then you hear... "hey mate, got your can opener..."

Gallipoli because of the courage kind of like Fredericksburg...To keep going when you KNOW your going to get pasted....

Hey are guys said that about the recent Irag thing... They couldn't believe the courage of the Iragis. I mean they knew they were going to get pasted.... WOW.

Comment

The problem was mainly with the French formation, combined with an uphill retreat path.
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

I also heard both flanks were heavy woods.... Brits smal contigent of knights to the front, and either flank heavy with Longbowman... The Longbow.....

Comment

Oh, I forgot Asia against the world.... How dumb of me.

Comment

You guys astound me with the depth of your knowledge. I thought I was pretty well-read.

Comment

Hmm...I wonder about including the ones that were just misguided, like Gallipoli.
                Exactly what I was gonna say except misguided is too soft a word.
                The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                - Pizdoff

Comment

I didn't want to offend the Australians.

Comment

Aussies where under British command and got ripped like the Canadians at Dieppe. Also under British command..... Brits have gotten better. I hated Monty...

Comment

LLL should comment here.

1939 Winter war. Finland vs. Russia. Nothing short of amazing.

http://www.kaiku.com/winterwar.html
                      Last edited by Nid; 12/03/2003 7:24pm, .

Comment

LLL is anti-authority... and hates Americans....(just kidding LLL).... by the way thats a water cooled maxim machine gun isn't it?

Comment

Looks to be ice-cooled in any case.

Comment

I think the best battle of all time was......Frank Dux fighting off all those Hong Kong Policemen in the alleyway on the way to the Big KoooooMeeeete!!! Yeahhhhhhhh

Comment

Oh yeah... FRank Dux... forgot that one.... ONe of the greatest act of martial beauty.... Maybe they should make a movie.... You could call it ah... Lets see.... Kickboxer...no.....Cyborg....no.....

How about Bloodsport....

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X