Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Americanism Etc.

Dai-Tenchi said:

To us, Yanks is a trite way for an American to refer to a person from the north eastern US (Civil War), kind of odd to hear it comming from a non-American. To call a southerner a Yank would be very insulting.

I don't believe we're a righteous liberator, I don't want to get into that. However I do have to say that I'm tired of having non-Americans, particularly Canadians and Europeans, discuss international politics or events with me and approaching me as one might a child. The assumption that we are either ignorant, arrogant, stupid, or just evil is really starting to wear thin with me, and I'm getting tired of having to argue the point.

The "European edge" that LLL felt compelled to share is just what I'm talking about. As if, to be a good citizen of any other country, you must take as many opportunities as possible to deride the US for any infraction, regardless of how hypocritical such a judgement may be.

Blegh, this is complicated, I'm just tired of people treating me like shit because I don't scream "down with my government" and tell them "I'm so sorry I'm American".

Fuck yeah!

Sarcastic? Perhaps, but I am a US isolationist at heart. We could do ourselves a lot of good if we went to a defensive posture and emphasized social programs. Wait... that sounds like.... could it be??? EUROPE! It must be nice to sit around spending all of your money on yourselves while someone else provides for your defense.
    I actually had to make that point to a dipshit Francophile grad student. European social spending was practically impossible without the American security umbrella. We paid the price in domestic social costs while they enjoyed the benefit of American military might. No debate friends. None.

I think it's frankly quite disturbing that Western countries squabble over which one is more evil when there are groups who don't share our values...for example, not blowing people up randomly.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

I am just FUCKING tired of being the "ugly" American... I don't ask people to follow my religion, live in my city, vote my way, etc. etc... At the same time, I work for what I have, and have NEVER taken a hand out from ANYONE!!!! I worked my way through night school, and created most of what I have with hard work. I am free, and I would expect everyone else to have the opportunity of freedom too... I don't care if you black or white, muslim or christian.... be what you want.... If people are telling me destroying regimes like Saddam is wrong.... What the FUCK... Those people weren't free... I WANT TO SEE THE TORTURE CHAMBERS HERE IN THE US GOVERNMENT SPONSORED.... SHOW ME... DON'T GIVE ME SHIT... WHERE ARE THEY!!!!! I tired of people comparing Bush to fucking Hitler!!!! Damn it.... Do you people have any idea what kind of a monster Hitler was? And Cheney.... If you are so fucking sure he is illegally influencing contracts in Irag... Take him to Court.... AAAAHHHHHH.......

Comment

lol, I agree Justme

destroying regimes like Saddam's is right!!!
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Hating the US is the "cool" thing to do nowadays amongst people who KNOW they are smarter than you.

Ted

Comment

Ted... arrest them all... you do have enough flex cuffs... well draw somemore..

Comment

We love our american brothers :)

Comment

Ted... arrest Ronin first... STrip search him.... he has knifes. I have pictures of a little room he can be found in.... No Ted those are dolls hes the one.....

Comment

ok, we love SOME of our american brothers, others, we hunt for sport...

Comment

YOu are not allowed to own GUNS.....

Comment

I didn't say ANYTHING about guns...

Comment

OUCH!!!

Comment

puny pencil-necked eurotrash liberal commie pinko terrorist-loving tree-hugging girlie men need to quit their crying and pump some iron!

Comment

what the hell is quiche anyhow? shut up the quiche!

Comment

and it may not be politically correct, but the terrorists that crashed planes into the WTC were muslims. there, i said it. so crybaby iraqis and palestinians can STFU.

Comment

maybe you want to love the American brothers, but I want to love the American sisters. :D
                              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X