Pocketbook Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocketbook Patriots

You know who you are. I went around a bit for the holidays, and spoke to a lot of people as they were celebrating, and I have been most forcefully reminded that most people are not citizens in any meaningful way.

At my own dinner today, I sat shocked as people dug in without even saying grace of some sort. And I'm an atheist. When people noticed my ashen face, they asked me what was wrong. I said, "Nothing." But then asked if we could take a moment to think about those celebrating in Kabul, Mosul, Tikrit, Baghdad etc. They had the decency to be embarassed.

(Not any family of mine, by the way)

I mentioned already that I hoped people spend at least a moment remembering those citizen-soldiers of ours who are carrying out so-called American political will abroad.

Unfortunately, it is too late now to send packages for Christmas. So, if you are like most Americans in that you fail to think outside of your narrow material universe, you will have to assuage whatever guilt you earn with mere words. Perhaps you can offer a toast.

It's nice that the ole Prez managed to make it out there for some photo ops. Apparently he's far more eager to pose slinging turkey for soldiers than he is to be seen at a state funeral. Until a bereaved parent berates him that is...

So remember that what he have seen this year is the tip of the American spear doing its phenomenal work, and then being abandoned to do everyone else's as well.

So thank god today for those in uniform who have been forced to take up the slack left by the Bush Admin. in addition to fighting the war that rages around them.

Army for president muthafukkas.
    Last edited by The Wastrel; 11/27/2003 10:12pm, .
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Bush is the greatest president in history!!!!

Comment

Who said that the price for freedom is eternal vigilance?
      Maybe he should have added: ...to be forgotten and unapreciated by the masses...
      Soliders fight and die so that people can forget about them asap, they die for freedom of speach, so that losers can swear on CD and make crappy music videos, they die to protect those who can't protect themselves, only to be forgotten by those complaining that the price of their 12 pack went up...

Comment

I got pretty cranky yesterday. A combination of factors. You all need to read Seymour Hersh's recent work on intelligence production, and David Rieff and George Packer's work on post-war planning. The broadcast news is fawning over this surprise Thanksgiving visit, and still you can only find reports of his inattention to soldiers through print and alternative media source.

I'm getting angry.
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Typical...too freakin typical.

Comment

Reagan staffer takes Bush to task for skipping memorial serviceshttp://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com...es/000864.html

And also:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true

http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/9194

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true

During a visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center earlier this year, Bush dropped in on Michael McNaughton, a platoon sergeant in the Louisiana National Guard who lost a leg when he stepped on a land mine in Afghanistan. Bush reportedly invited McNaughton to go for a jog with him once he received his artificial leg.
            Haha! What a funny guy!

Comment

Has anyone considered the difference between the military death gratuity and the average payment that a victim of the Sept. 11th attacks received?

Once again, I can only chuckle.

I mean really...the Japanese Self-Defense Force raised their death gratuity from 600,000 to 900,000 dollars in preparation for a limited troop deployment to Iraq.

There must be a decent middle ground between 6,000 and 900,000 dollars. Right?

Comment

shit like this really rubs my rubarb !!!!!!
                Politicians start wars, soliders die and then what ???
                Same old shit over and over and over...
                If Bush thinks that the public NOT knowing the extent of the crap going on in Iraq and Afganistanis a GOOD thing, he is sorrly mistaken.
                When do you guys have elections again ???

Comment

Yes sir, we just can't seem to get enough of these 'Hate America First' threads...:rolleyes:
                  Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Originally posted by Justme
                    Bush is the greatest president in history!!!!
                    History is yet to be finalized. How the President "deals" with the Iraq equation before the next election cycle will be a determining factor for historians.

Regardless of the outcome, I have always believed he will go down in history as one of our Greatest Presidents and no amount of liberal hatred and political spin will ever alter that fact.
                    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Hi Kungfools, I don't begrudge Wastral his controversial beliefs partly because he is one up on me by having served in this American Military. Have you ever been in the service yourself, and if so which branch?

Comment

I think you have mistaken the " I hate the crap the current American goverment is doing" with a "I hate america".
                        I have served with American Soldiers, I have the greatest respect for American Soldiers, that is why what the goverment does to them bothers me, just as it should bother you.

Comment

Right Kungfoolss. I hate America. Sheesh. What do I have to do to be able to criticize an administration without silly accusations like this?

Comment

Don't worry, Christian, the people who count know where you're coming from. And thanks again, you're a good man, Charlie Brown.
                            "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
                            "Shadow Box"

Comment

Uhhh....guys, it's KF...I mean, c'mon...seriously.

Be glad you at least HAVE a military guys...Canada is sorely lacking, and falling behind fast. I'm not sure about Ronin's experiences. I've never served myself, only trained with/known people who have...but what I hear is definitely not heart-warming for a once-proud nation of Peacekeepers.
                              Regards,
                              CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                              One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                              Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X