X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBadGuy
    replied
    Congratulations!
    You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

Woo yea. Suck it, you illogical losers!

Leave a comment:

• Roidie McDouchebag
    replied
    Retarded bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• fatray
    replied
    Congratulations!
    You have been awarded the book publishers medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.
    The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

very well thought out, or maybe i just clicked submit for each answer...

at least they spell honour correctly.

Leave a comment:

• hapkido_keith
    replied
    I don't think it's possible to get through the thing without biting at least one bullet, no matter how you answer.

Leave a comment:

• avenger
    replied
    This was my result

Originally posted by Result
    You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting no bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analysis of your direct hit. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, this did not occur which means that despite the direct hit you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

424911 people have completed this activity to date.
    You suffered 1 direct hit and bit zero bullets.
    This compares with the average player of this activity to date who takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.10 bullets.
    45.78% of the people who have completed this activity, like you, took very little damage and were awarded the TPM Medal of Distinction.
    7.73% of the people who have completed this activity emerged unscathed with the TPM Medal of Honour.
    I don't agree with some of the things though.

But when I saw the title for this thread, I thought it was going to be something like this.

Leave a comment:

• cyril
    replied
    Originally posted by socratic
    I got the same answers as pretty much anyone else. One bullseye, two bullets in the teeth, over the same ones as Elipson, though I disagree for a slightly different reason to Elipson.

I simply disagree that the notion of God cannot be discussed because it is rife with contradictions- I suggest it requires more discussing due to contradictions.
    Irrational discussion should be left for omniscient beings. There's too many variables to consider that we, as humans, are only capable of completing and growing from rational discussion.

"Is there a god?"
    "Planar quadrants!"

Does not mean anything to us, but to a being capable of interacting in irrational and rational thought, it may answer the question.

EDIT: 1 bullet bitten
    Last edited by cyril; 4/19/2008 8:10am, . Reason: forgot to add in my test results.

Leave a comment:

• socratic
    replied
    I got the same answers as pretty much anyone else. One bullseye, two bullets in the teeth, over the same ones as Elipson, though I disagree for a slightly different reason to Elipson.

I simply disagree that the notion of God cannot be discussed because it is rife with contradictions- I suggest it requires more discussing due to contradictions.

Leave a comment:

• Domite
    replied
    The whole idea of "bitten a bullet" is rediculous trash. "Some poeple would dissagree with you!"

Yeah, no shit.

Leave a comment:

• mrblackmagic
    replied
    How did you do compared to other people?

* 424708 people have completed this activity to date.
    * You suffered 1 direct hit and bit 1 bullet.
    * This compares with the average player of this activity to date who takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.10 bullets.
    * 45.78% of the people who have completed this activity, like you, took very little damage and were awarded the TPM Medal of Distinction.
    * 7.73% of the people who have completed this activity emerged unscathed with the TPM Medal of Honour.

I bit the same bullet.
    Last edited by mrblackmagic; 4/18/2008 8:35am, .

Leave a comment:

• Hungry
    replied
    Originally posted by Slindsay
    Bullshit test, the only bullet I took was this one:

You've just bitten a bullet!

In saying that God has the freedom and power to do that which is logically impossible (like creating square circles), you are saying that any discussion of God and ultimate reality cannot be constrained by basic principles of rationality. This would seem to make rational discourse about God impossible. If rational discourse about God is impossible, there is nothing rational we can say about God and nothing rational we can say to support our belief or disbelief in God. To reject rational constraints on religious discourse in this fashion requires accepting that religious convictions, including your religious convictions, are beyond any debate or rational discussion. This is to bite a bullet.

The bolded bit is untrue, just because an all powerful God could do impossible things, it doesn't mean he has or will ever do those things.

Backing up personal beliefs with personal beliefs does not make that wrong
    If you believe in a "God" who can do anything, Who the hell are you to say he is not doing this. Just because he chooses not to make you aware of it or remember it, does not mean this all powerfull deiety is not changing the rules, fiddling with physics and redefining things all the time.
    Anyway I took 2 hits and got a medal. 0 bullets bitten.

Leave a comment:

• cyrijl
    replied
    Yeah i got one hit but the problem is with the semantics.

To justify something to myself is not the same as to justify something to society. They use the same word to refer to two different contexts. I think I have done this before.

--edited:
    Scrapper got in right before me, but i ave the same problem

Leave a comment:

• Domite
    replied
    Originally posted by Slindsay

In saying that God has the freedom and power to do that which is logically impossible (like creating square circles), you are saying that any discussion of God and ultimate reality cannot be constrained by basic principles of rationality. This would seem to make rational discourse about God impossible. If rational discourse about God is impossible, there is nothing rational we can say about God and nothing rational we can say to support our belief or disbelief in God. To reject rational constraints on religious discourse in this fashion requires accepting that religious convictions, including your religious convictions, are beyond any debate or rational discussion. This is to bite a bullet.

The bolded bit is untrue, just because an all powerful God could do impossible things, it doesn't mean he has or will ever do those things.
    Yeah, me too, that one is bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• jubei33
    replied
    stupid waste of my time, I R ANGRY WIT YOU.

but I forgive you

Leave a comment:

• ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scrapper
    replied
    Yeah...they change context and then tell you that you contradict yourself. Furthermore, you cannot clarify any questions.
    (I took 1 direct hit and bit 2 bullets.)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X