"The Toxins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Toxins"

This is one that always confused me. People talk about "the toxins"--I never figured out exactly what they are, but here's what I know.
    • Everyone's goal should be to "get them out".
    • It's always plural--IE. "the toxins", never "that toxin".
    • None of the toxins are ever named--you never hear: "I have a lot of ethoxyethane in my system".
    • You can sweat them out. Exercise works, so can soaking in hot water.
    • The effects of soaking can be augmented by adding certain compounds to the water--usually salts of some sort.
    • Compounds that come from exotic locales are better. EG. Dead Sea.
    • Organic *anything* will help get rid of the toxins. EG. organic toothpaste.
    • Toxins can come out of the body as brown gunk under your fingernails.
    • Toxins can come out of the body as disgusting brown pudding if you soak in some special footbath.
    • Exercise can get the toxins out, but it helps if it is spiritual. (Yoga > Running)
    • Putting stuff up your ass can help. Water; Dead Sea salts; coffee; Dead Sea scrolls
    • Pulling stuff out of your ass can help too! http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51949
    • Toxins can cause bad stuff like: joint pain; dark circles under eyes; mucus in the colon (again with the colon!); rashes; listlessness

Toxins can get into your body through many vectors:
    • stress
    • food: fried, processed, anything not organic
    • meat, especially beef
    • environmental pollution
    • lack of sleep
    • just sitting there--you can't really keep them out

My questions to you all on "the toxins" are:

1) What are they? (Chemical names, please.)

2) Do you have any of the toxins? How do you cope?

3) What *exactly* does my liver do anyway?
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

I THOUGHT THIS MAY BE A THREAD ABOUT A PUNK BAND.

I WILL RETIRE TO THE WEST UNTIL IT IS.

edit: the chemical names of toxins make me think of pokemons
    Last edited by sochin101; 3/01/2008 4:45pm, .
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Yeah the "toxins". The pretend medicine people love that word. I've just been reading wikipedia and it says that a toxin is specifically a biological substance that is harmful to living organisms such as curare or snake venom. They aren't just any harmful substance. It's very true that they never name the "toxins" they need to flush out with whatever brand on nonsense they ascribe to.

If the body really was retaining harmful substances you would be pretty sick indeed. You'd need much more than a herbal tea enema to get out of that one, you'd need dialysis.

There's a thought. If I can get me one of those dialysis machines just think of the money I can make "cleansing toxins".

Comment

I have noticed that it is not just the moonbats that talk about "the toxins". There seems to be otherwise rational people who subscribe to this stuff. E.G. the shit weasel or El Macho using cupping on his staph infection. It seems like you can just throw that word out there and no one will challenge it.

Fred: I see you're eating celery... On a diet?

Bill: Naw. Just trying to get the toxins out.

Fred: Mmm... So you going to the picnic this year?
        Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
        - Voltaire

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj5M-...eature=related

The toxins are SERIOUS. Dont mess they will KYTFO.

Sorry these are all fucking ads. Had me convinced.
          Last edited by Madgrenade; 3/02/2008 8:21am, .

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09L7PPFpfA

Know Fear.

Ok this is an ad aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidOH...eature=related

This isn't and is pretty fucked up.

The way I see it, would you down a bottle of shampoo? But we wash all that shit down the drain aloong with loads of chemicals that dont exist in nature. So we can all laugh about it and carry on regardless, but people if concerned for their health and eat celery to try and suck up some of that shit then more power to them.
            Last edited by Madgrenade; 3/02/2008 8:32am, .

Comment

Toxins is the keyword salemen use to sell you toxin-removing "natural" remedies, to get you cleaner and much closer to nature and shit like that.

Best toxin-removing thing is magnesium citrate. Take that stuff (1/4 to 1/2 cup diluted on water to make 1 cup) and it will make you poop until you actually drop a couple of pounds.

Toxin removal. Bah!!! Shit removal FTW!!!!

... srlsy
              Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by meataxe
                I have noticed that it is not just the moonbats that talk about "the toxins". There seems to be otherwise rational people who subscribe to this stuff. E.G. the shit weasel or El Macho using cupping on his staph infection. It seems like you can just throw that word out there and no one will challenge it.

Fred: I see you're eating celery... On a diet?

Bill: Naw. Just trying to get the toxins out.

Fred: Mmm... So you going to the picnic this year?
                I didn't know it was staph, I thought it was a freaking pimple (though the fire cupping was just retarded shit tbh).
                Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Sounds dangerous. I'll stick to the Qi Gong for removeing toxins. Anyone who exercises regularly should be relatively safe from teh d34dly t0x1ns.

Comment

Did Vikings detox? No? Do you want to fuck with a Viking? Thought not. Therefore detoxing is pointless.

Comment

Vikings didn't detox, they fucking re-toxed!

Comment

Originally posted by Letum
                        Did Vikings detox? No? Do you want to fuck with a Viking? Thought not. Therefore detoxing is pointless.
                        Ah yes, the classic "argument from vikings".

If DAYoung were here he'd be proud.

Comment

So if Vikings were toxed, and Vikings were dangerous, then the toxins must be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Madgrenade
                            So if Vikings were toxed, and Vikings were dangerous, then the toxins must be dangerous.
                            Your logic is flawed and convuluted. Let us start in the manner of Socrates, declaring what we know to be fact and building up from there, establishing fact and eliminating conjecture through the use of dialogue.

We know that Vikings were hard and that they did exist. We know that toxins possibly exist in such a manner and have limited manner of hardness.

Humans can develop toxins. Vikings were somewhat human. Therefore:

How much tox can a Viking tox if a Viking toxes detox cocks?

I submit to you sir, that you are wrong.

Originally posted by Gypsy Jazz
                            Ah yes, the classic "argument from vikings".

If DAYoung were here he'd be proud.
                            Ah yes DAYoung, the chap who would answer my brief phillosophical questions and recommend books to the young student to read.

I LEARNT NOTHING! NOTHING!

Don't worry DA! I'll fill in for you!

Comment

But surely a Viking toxed, would be more dangerous than a Viking detoxed. He would be quite unreasonable. Whereas a Viking detoxed could, perhaps, be talked round. Settled down. Given a soothing cup of tea.

Alternatively:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-FKiPrnLTE

Toxins bad

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X