Poltergiests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poltergiests

has anybody here ever seen that shows Sightings?
    i remember an episode where they went to a family's home where it was haunted by poltergiest.
    while interviewing the family, the father was scratched and the cameras captured it
    does anybody know what title of that episode was? or the name of the family?
    im trying to find it but so far no luck

All the 'poltergeist' footage I've ever seen have just been fishing wire tricks. YouTube for it, it's quite obvious- plates floating, doors opening, etc. All very easy to fake, so much so, that Occam's Razor suggests that's the only real way it could happen.

Comment

They'rrreeee heerrreeee......

Comment

I love chicken!

Comment

I remember the movie was pretty terrible. Predator was heaps better.

Comment

no it wasnt just things being pickd up
            the family was also getting scratched
            the father was scratched on film in the face

Comment

Originally posted by geffcardo
              no it wasnt just things being pickd up
              the family was also getting scratched
              the father was scratched on film in the face
              Just like Hulk Hogan got cut up real bad by Mr T in that punching-the-air fest, right?

Just 'cause someone walks around going "OW MY FUCKING FACE!" doesn't mean melevolent spirits of the dead did it. On a hilarious note, I've seen some pretty damn convincing prosthetics made by total amatures. We're talking 'zombie biting through my fucking arm' level of gore, and it looks pretty 'real' too.

And no, I haven't watched the show. I was far too busy not watching stupid shit to do that.

Comment

how bout them new york giants, ftw

Comment

I can make red welts appear on my body from drinking milk ... no poltergeist required :-)

Comment

check this shit outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deoJUBW9CI8

Comment

Well don't know what to tell you man ... in the poltergeist videos, objects move in straight lines. That's pretty easy to rig with strings. Oh and when the camera shakes and "falls" to the floor? Well it looks like the landing is pretty gentle (and sticks to the floor at that), gentle enough not to break an (expensive?) cam. On the other poltergeist shot where the cam was pointed at a mirror, ostensibly to show that there is nobody manipulating it but the only thing it succeeded was showing that the mount is motorized. The "daemon child in mirror" is widely reputed to be fake (notice the "daemon child" is on a 45-degree mirror that could very well be reflecting another image off the FOV of the video camera.

We all see what we want to see, man ...

Comment

http://www.tv.com/sightings/ghost-co...ist;ep_title;2

That show looks to be comi-dramatic at best. No details on the geist but bone up on your google-fu.

Scratches? Sure. cept they have never shown them actually happening. Only the results. So IMO they are highly suspect. I can scratch myself and show a vid crew and claim I was just sleeping.

Comment

Poltergeists have to exist.
                          There's no fucking way my apartment gets this messy all by itself

Comment

No proof = doesn't exist unless proven otherwise.

Brush up on your epistemology, yo.

Comment

This thread really harshed my mellow.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X