Great American animation; or FOX is stupid as hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great American animation; or FOX is stupid as hell

Family Guy, cancelled. Futurama, cancelled. King of the Hill, alive and well. What the hell, man? Mike Judge is great, but Hank Hill isn't half as funny on Peter Griffin on his worst day. Did Hank Hill ever say, "Dick Armey? What's your wife's name, 'Vagina Coast Guard?'" And Futurama, while it's no Simpsons, is still damn good in its own right and provided Matt Groening with a dynamic new vehicle for social commentary beyond teaching Bart Simpson why it's wrong to pick on old people and retarded kids.

[/excuse for using the words 'Vagina Coast Guard']
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

family guy should still be on the air.

Comment

I actually like like King of the Hill, but lately it just doesn't seem very funny.

I agree that the other two shows should have kept running.

Comment

Originally posted by brandeissansoo
        family guy should still be on the air.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
        Apparently only as reruns...
        Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Family Guy and Futurama both run on cartoon network, so quit whining

Comment

I LOVE Family Guy just watched the One where Brian(thedog) meets his stuffed Mom!

Stewie is my favorite cartoon character of all time.

Comment

I obviously mean new episodes...

Comment

King of the hill was funny, for about 5 weeks.
                Fox never gave furturama or the family guy a chance to build an audience.
                Futurama was prememted 90% of the time by football, and then drop for some test series in the spring.

Family guy's time slot was change every week, making it impossible to know when the hell it was on.

While I know some people did not like futurama, I never yet to met someone who did not like family. If Fox execs would have just given the shows a chance to build an audience, I think the shows would still be on the air

Comment

"Fox never gave furturama or the family guy a chance to build an audience"

what was it, like 2 millions DVD's sold almost immediately? According to newsweek, its was THE most watched shows on latenight for a bit.

Nyway, king of the hill is funny as hell, I used to not liek it, but the humor is a lor more subtle and almst completely charactor based, you have to give it a chance. I mean, how many of you even get the big joke about Hank being a propain salesmen?

Comment

apearently the creator of family guy might be getting a new animated series soon

"The cult animated sit-com "Family Guy", a particular favourite of ours here at Funny.co.uk, was cancelled last year despite the protests, campaigns and petitioning of it's loyal followers. Many are in extensive counselling and a world-wide sales increase of Prozac has been seen to coincide exactly with when the announcement was made.

However, some new forms of therapy could be upon us in the not too distant future, in the form of a feature-length Family Guy movie and a new animated series, from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, called "American Dad".

The Family Guy movie will be a "straight-to-DVD" release that, according to MacFarlane, will take a year to 18 months to make. It will still be produced by Fox, but by a different division and not the company's television arm.

The new series, "American Dad", could be launched next year, and follows a right-wing CIA agent, his wife, two kids, a housebound alien and a French-speaking goldfish."

http://www.funny.co.uk/news/art_72-1...s-Creator.html

Comment

I like king of the hill more than Family Guy. But Futurama owned both of them together. I miss it.
                      "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
                      - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

It's all about Family guy. Where else are you going to find a show with a Napoleonic baby.......my guess is nowhere.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X