Anyone skeptical about heliocentrism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone skeptical about heliocentrism?

And no, I'm not talking about the martial arts world revolving around Helio Gracie. Do any y'all believe the world revolves around the sun? If so these people would like to correct you using SCIENTIFIC arguments.
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...m/geocexpl.htm
    http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/geocentr.htm

But hey, if you can prove the world DOES revolve around the sun you can talk to this dude and he'll give you 10 Gs http://www.post-gazette.com/columnis...rian0121p1.asp
    So get cracking proving the earth revolves around the sun and make a quick 10Gs

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    -Yes, I am joking

By the same reasoning we cannot prove that gravity exists.

GOOD JOB DUMBASS.
    GUIZ THIS IS LIEK MY SIGNACHOOR LOLOL

:icon_roll

Comment

We can't prove that gravity exists.

Actually, we can't prove that anything exists except ourselves (I think therefore I am) but (& this is very important) it doesn't matter. If all we see is illusion, it's still all we see.

Comment

Actually the Sun and all the other planets rotate around a point which is really close to the Sun's centre of Gravity, but not at the Sun's centre of Gravity, thus making our Sun appear to wobble slightly if observed from a great distance, just as we observe stars 'wobble' from light years away when they have planetary systems.
        !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

Originally posted by SBG-ape
          We can't prove that gravity exists.

Actually, we can't prove that anything exists except ourselves (I think therefore I am) but (& this is very important) it doesn't matter. If all we see is illusion, it's still all we see.
          *poof*

(disappears)
          Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
          - Voltaire

Comment

Blasphemy.

The entire world, nay the universe
            gravitates around Helio Gracie's greatness.

You must be RNC'd

Helio wills it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullion
              Actually the Sun and all the other planets rotate around a point which is really close to the Sun's centre of Gravity, but not at the Sun's centre of Gravity, thus making our Sun appear to wobble slightly if observed from a great distance, just as we observe stars 'wobble' from light years away when they have planetary systems.
              WTF??? the reason stars appear to wobble is because of our atmosphere. Light can be refracted by a large mass, but this is of no consequence when viewing stars with the naked eye. And because the planets move this tends to be in effect for very short periods of time anyway.

As for your other statement, it dosent seem to make any sense.
              Links for reference

Why do stars sparkle?
              http://www.blurtit.com/q344664.html

Short and sweet by Wikki answers
              http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_the_stars_sparkle

and with slightly more technobabble
              http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q242.html

Comment

Uh, no.

"Sparkle" and "wobble" are two different verbs. They don't mean the same thing. Sparkling and twinkling and all the other cute things the stars do when you look up at the night sky are indeed effects of the atmosphere.

The gravitational wobbling described above your post is NOT an atmospheric effect and could not be caused by our atmosphere. Look it up; you'll be amazed. It's been used to detect everything from stars to planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Hungry
                  As for your other statement, it dosent seem to make any sense.
                  Yes it does. This wobble, however slight, is often the only way astronomers are able to tell if a star has has a planetary system, since most of the planets would be impossible to see due to their relative dimness compared to the intense brightness of the stars they are orbiting.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                  King, and lord of sin and pride
                  With some mist his wits make dark.
                  He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                    King, and lord of sin and pride
                    With some mist his wits make dark.
                    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

Sorry Hungry, you have Chain-Punched the INCORRECT.

The wobbling they are talking about is seen through telescopes, nothing you can see through the naked eye, and takes literally months even years to detect (so you have to keep plotting where the Sun or star is).

Comment

Fair enough

ok ok, I GOT POWNED :redx:

Thankyouallverrymuchhaveanicedaykbye

Comment

You'd have to be pretty fucking daft to doubt Heliocentrism. And then when you die, Capernicus and Galileo are gonna rape you in Hell while they shout "I TOLD YOU SO!".

They'll be in Hell on a day-trip for the rapings. It's their eternal reward in Heaven.
                          Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
                          Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

That's also not how you spell "pwned." I don't really care, I just thought it would be funny to be mean to you after you did the right thing. 'Cause, see, you redeemed yourself a little, but I'm so petty it just doesn't matter.
                            It's funny.

Socratic, that would be an awkward moment in heaven. God says to the two great men:

"You have revealed a small part of the truth of My creation to My children, and for this you shall be blessed. However, in keeping with My strict policy of Free Will, you must choose your own blessing. Any joy in the universe can be yours here in the heaven I have created for the faithful. . . . you have only to ask. What is your greatest joy?"

"Well . . . . I can't speak for Leo here, but I'd like to homorape people who make astronomy mistakes in life."

"Well, maybe you could think it ov . . ."

"You know, I was going to ask to learn every secret of the universe, but he's got a point. I think I'll take the manraping too."

"Yes, but . . . aw, screw it. It's like talking to monkeys."

Comment

Holy shit, you took my attempt to be funny and made it really funny.

+ Rep.
                              Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
                              Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X