Anyone have an opinion on the economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an opinion on the economy?

So the economy is going to ruins and our president George Bush really doesn't seem to care.

Anyone have any opinions on this controversial statement?
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

it sucks

Comment

Wrong forum

Comment

WTF is carbon doing posting about the economy?
        Talk about out of character!

Comment

*shrug*

There's not much any president can do in a single term to affect the national economy. Macroeconomic adjustment through monetary and fiscal policy can provide the appearance of improvements, but that's about it.

In the long-term, a good economic climate is created through a balance of regulations that encourages sustainable levels of economic activity, and condtions that encourage investment and that encourages people to spend more than they save...as foolish as that may be.
          Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

As far as I can tell the Bush administration is attempting to create a huge defecit and an economic recession. Future administrations will be stuck with this, and will therefore not be able to fund social programs that conservatives are opposed to. I have to admit, it is clever, and they are succeeding. :(

Comment

Basic macro econ says to increase government spending during a recession.

I'm not sure I see the point of the bush admin causing a recession...

Comment

People that are bitching about the Bush admin tend to lack understanding of economic theory. Also, the economy was on downspin befoe Bush took office.
                And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

I can't stand the Bush Admin, but good god I know too much about econ to blame it on them. And yeah...ClintEQ, an expansion in fiscal spending is typically one way to provide a short term boost to a lagging economy. Does it fix it? Probably not. But a govt. that tries to tighten its fiscal belt during a crisis of any kind is not really doing any good.
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Yeah its not doing great.... I hope for a recovery soon....
                    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                    -Styles i train in-
                    Judo
                    Bjj
                    Mtkickboxing
                    Western boxing
                    Wrestling

Comment

i think anarchy is the best option
                      CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Anarchy is a non-option. It cannot exist.

Comment

Only the consumer can "spend" the economy back into shape but for that he needs to be confident in the future and his goverment.
                          Take for example the fortune cities and states are spending on private security in airports for example, we are talking 10 of millions. When, if the follow the mode of some European countries, they can just put the military there.
                          The militray is ALREADY being paid, it would not cost the city or state anything, and they would have well trained, well armed VISUAL deterents.

Comment

Yes, but we would also need to change our laws to allow that which would be a Federal issue that localities can't control.
                            Hell, I would be all for that and getting them on out boders.
                            And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Unfortunately, the U.S. military is already too far-flung and widely deployed for a transformation of that sort. Adding this to our existing mission would cost more, because we simply don't have the active manpower to do so. And the cost of maintaining housing etc. for servicepeople and their families in all these new locations would be considerable.

This is why guard and reserve soldiers have been used in this way...and they are NOT well-trained or well-armed. (Their weapons aren't loaded).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X