Animism vs Psychic BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animism vs Psychic BS

There are and have been many faiths with Animistic(animism= veneration or worship of spirits) elments to them. Being someone who practices such a faith I wanted to comment on legitimate animism vs the Psychic Bullshiters who claim contact with spirits and use these claims to make money.

Legitimate animists have personal relationships with spirits and communicate with those spirits, even in the form of voices and visions. But few will ever say that those "voices and visions," have meaning to anyone else save them.

Psychic BSers will say they are in contact with so'n'so and that so'n'so has told them this and that, therefore they are special.

Legitmate Animists' relationships with spirits tends to be very personal and very private, at least thats how it's been in my experience. So you won't generally find them waving their faith and practices around as if their hot shit.

Psychic BSers supposed relationship is always with famous figures like the Archangel Michael or Merlin or Sitting Bull or God or Jesus and they will be very public about who their in contact with. Often they will write books that they say their "spirit contact" commanded them to write.

So the difference is that you guys don't flaunt your delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
      Step in the right direction IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
        Acutally no, the difference is we take animism seriously, it is a part of our religion. For the Psychic BSer it is part of their scam.

Comment

Well, they believe in money, and since nowadays it's an all-encompassing element they believe in psychic BS as long as the cash keeps flowing in ;)

More seriously, I with Virus on this one.

Comment

On a serious note, how do we know you're not the bullshidoka?

Comment

Originally posted by Jadonblade
              Step in the right direction IMO.
              You're right. That wasn't very accurate. There's no difference.

Please provide any evidence in any form that you can contact spirits. You can't because they don't exist. If you hear voices in your head that generally a sign of mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by cyril
                On a serious note, how do we know you're not the bullshidoka?
                Okay maybe I'm not seeing the joke here Cyril but how would I be a Bullshidoka, I'm not trying to sell you anything. Just attempting to illustrate a difference between legitimate animists and Cons who pretend to be in contact with spirits.

Comment

you have to be kidding me

I don't believe in spirit mediums of any sort . I don't see how one can be based in reality and the other mere delusion or greed . If it is real for you , you cannot say it is not real for them . That doesn't make sense .

" Delusions in every head , and a church on every corner ! "- some body somewhere

Comment

but on a more serious level ...

What fun is it to troll this forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrsmann
                      Okay maybe I'm not seeing the joke here Cyril but how would I be a Bullshidoka, I'm not trying to sell you anything. Just attempting to illustrate a difference between legitimate animists and Cons who pretend to be in contact with spirits.
                      So they don't have t3h r34l spiritualism? Whether they sell their nonsense or not is a relatively superficial difference. Many so-called psychics actually believe in their own "powers." Many of them believe in and make money from their delusion as well. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                        but on a more serious level ...

What fun is it to troll this forum ?
                        More fun than a ninjer in a groundfighting thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrsmann
                          Prove your spiritualism. Then we'll talk. Correct, you're not seeing the joke. There wasn't one. So now, if you kindly will, show us your fursona or whatever, and explain why you're better than Ms. Cleo.

Comment

Yeah, dude what cyril said. Video or it didn't happen.

Comment

I'm psychic. I predict someone is going to start a really stupid thread. Oh. I'm a little late I guess.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X