Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid People Being Suckered in by Religion: Negative Correlation With Intelligence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AND THIS SHIT SHOULD BE IN SOCIOCIDE, NOT HERE.

Comment

Dawkins is actually the second coming of Christ, he's just fucking with the atheists.

Comment

Originally posted by cyrijl
        More intelligent people just put their faith in the "The State", which is as equally sadistic and cold as the god of most religions. Well except for hinduism.
        What people should do is let big business run everything- those guys exude warmth like nobodies business. If EVERYTHING was run on the profit motive, and we let the "Free Markets" decide, it would be a wonderful, kind, warm place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladesinger
          Dawkins is actually the second coming of Christ, he's just fucking with the atheists.
          To test our faith.

Comment

What people should do is let big business run everything- those guys exude warmth like nobodies business. If EVERYTHING was run on the profit motive, and we let the "Free Markets" decide, it would be a wonderful, kind, warm place.
            Survey Says:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by variance
              Athiests are like the Vegans of religion.
              Fundamentalist nuts.
              If you are a truly hardcore reasonable pure evidence based scientific method guy.
              You will at best be agnostic.
              I wonder how long this idiotic tripe will be repeated.

Atheism is merely the opposite of theism, which is the belief that there exists at least one deity. Atheism, then, is the belief that there are no deities. It can come about in many ways, from the faith-based -- often, widely, and loudly reviled but, curiously, never actually observed -- to the form with which I, and most of us atheists here, are probably familiar, which is not as a phenomenon or belief unto itself, but as a consequence of skepticism. Much as I won't believe in your Dim Mak until I see you apply it on a resisting, non-believing opponent, I won't believe in your god, gods, goddess, goddesses, ghouls, or goblins until you present me with some evidence. Thus, I am a non-believer in Dim Mak, just as I am a non-believer in gods -- an atheist. This is not the same thing as claiming an absolute, damn-the-evidence certainty in the non-existence of deities.

Agnosticism, in its more common definition, is the claim that you cannot ever be certain of whether or not there exist deities. Note the difference: Atheism is a position on whether there exist deities; agnosticism is a position on whether you can have any knowledge on the matter. (An odd one, too: If there exist deities with superpowers, surely they can demonstrate those powers to the satisfaction of most agnostics? Agnostics have been referred to as fence-sitters, and generally I agree with this: Most likely, most 'agnostics' think that the existence of a deity is more or less than 50%, not equally likely.)

As for atheists being fundamentalist...well, I'm a pretty hard-core atheist, I suppose, but fundamentalism implies dogmatic belief -- that is, belief not subject to correction by further observation and evidence -- in a set dogma. Could you please tell me what fixed dogma it is that I am adhering to?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladesinger
                Actually Dawkins just a bitter old fuck ever since jesus kicked his ass on video.

edit: I suck at embedding

Comment

Jebuz does Aikido and Kempo!!!

Comment

That image of Jesus kicking the XMA bo staff guy in the head is going on my list of the ten most awesome things ever. WAR JESUS!

Comment

Funny nobody brought up MENSA.
                      The top 2% or whatever it's supposed to be.

Over half of their members believe in god(s) and other supernatural bits.

"Why People Believe Wierd Things" by Michael Shermer should be required reading nowadays.

Comment

Is it just me or did Dawkins completely and utterly fail to answer the question posed by Jesusgirl?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarma
                          Is it just me or did Dawkins completely and utterly fail to answer the question posed by Jesusgirl?
                          You need to watch the entire lecture. It will give you the context of the question.

There should be 2 parts, both on Youtube, iirc, about an hour long each.

Comment

Still didn't answer the simple question.

Comment

what's the simple question?

Comment

What if he's wrong? What if there is indeed a vengeful God that is simply keeping Dawkins around as a plaything and to test the faith of his followers only to exact brutal assrapery on his immortal soul come judgement day? How does Dorkins KNOW for a fact that this is not the case?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X