Should this Forum be on Sociocide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should this Forum be on Sociocide?

PoopLoops brought up a point on this so I'm taking it to a vote. Not that the results of the poll will decide what happens, but we'll take it on advisement.

Poll incoming...
    Yes: If it's not about hurting people, it's not for Bullshido.net
    54.84%
    No: all forms of bullshido belong on Bullshido
    33.33%
    New sites are scary even if I already have a login there...
    11.83%

The alien voices broadcasting from the chip inside my brain can't decide which way to vote. Can they have a vote each?

Comment

yes = 5.

Comment

It's a bit scooby doo for my liking hence my vote for putting it in Sociocide.

Comment

General Skepticism: Conspiracy Theories, the Paranormal, and Other Forms of Bullshido
          BS comes in many forms. This is the forum for everything from ghosts, to UFO's, 9/11 conspiracies, to overpriced speaker cables.

Not all bullshit is bullshido. Bullshido is bullshit that infects martial arts in one way or another. For instance, someone claiming hindu squats are better than weightlifting squats for strenght training, that's not bullshido; it is bullshit, but not bullshido.

Having someone claiming hindu squats is superior to weightlifting squats for strenght training for a combat sports athlete, now, that's bullshido. And I think that should be the criteria for judging if a topic, even the most comical (or retarded) one should belong here or in sociocide.

We have more than enough "noise" as it is outside of LLL and Trollshido. And I'm not referring to "noise" as in "bad topic". But in the last couple of days, everytime I've searched for new posts, the search results look like a list of topics from Yahoo Answers, ranging from the mediocre comedic to the "Am I attractive? How come he doesn't bang me?"

As interesting as the topics in these forums could be (which they can), I don't see how they can relate to Martial Arts. New people coming in may get a WTF moment when searching for new posts. :eusa_thin

My devaluated 0.02 cents (in Mexican pesos ;)
          Last edited by Teh El Macho; 10/17/2007 9:58am, .

Comment

i have to agree with el.

the cynic in me believes that if this forum stays on bs.net, it's only a matter of time till an admin gong saus some batshit insane conspiracy theorist. there's comedy there, but...

Comment

I voted yes because, in addition to some of the comments already made, I like my BS.net free of religious/atheist bickering.

Comment

This should only be left on here if you want to see Star Trek nerds get into kick boxing matches with Annatrocity. If you put it on Sociode, the best you'll get is a team deathmatch on TF2. So, by definition it should be on Sociode, by the spirit of the board it should stay on Bullshido.

Comment

How about just deleting stupid threads about retarded conspiracy threories?

Comment

I feel as though this forum really waters down what Bullshiod.net is all about. It detracts from what makes Bullshiod.net unique and dilutes the reasons why I joined to begin with.

I though this forum was a bad idea the moment I heard of it. Please move it to Sociocide.

Comment

Originally posted by jvjim
                      This should only be left on here if you want to see Star Trek nerds get into kick boxing matches with Annatrocity. If you put it on Sociode, the best you'll get is a team deathmatch on TF2. So, by definition it should be on Sociode, by the spirit of the board it should stay on Bullshido.
                      Now, that's an idea.

Comment

Ok, here's how we're going to skin this cat.

We'll keep this forum open and running for the time being until we have a solution for exporting threads to Sociocide (coming in the next few months).

Until then, all critical thinkers are free to go to town.

Comment

Why wud it be here in the first place? Bullshido= Bullshit/Bushido. So yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
                            We'll keep this forum open and running for the time being until we have a solution for exporting threads to Sociocide (coming in the next few months).
                            I love you.

Comment

I voted keep it here.
                              there are parallels between the delusional people who go and see John Edward so they can talk to dead family... ("I'm getting an M... Michael... Mark... Mildred?") and the people who do wing chun. Sorry chunners. I meant choi kwan do, or whatever it's called.

Chi bollocks... no touch bullshit... that isn't far away from psychic surgery and other scams.

I think this fits the site's mission pretty well.

Plus, more controversially, it might re-introduce people to some critical thinking, as opposed to critical thinking lite, which is what sometimes happens when "investigating" something we all are involved in - martial arts.
                              I mean, we're not all crystal gazing, medium-visiting housewives, are we?
                              We can be utterly objective.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X