federal reserve conspiracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

federal reserve conspiracy

ok, so like many of you, i recently watched zeitgeist the movie ( http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com ) and was shocked and surprised... until i found out that a lot of it is questionable at best.

i did some reading on the federal income tax issues they brought up, and it seemed to be mostly wrong on that end, but i wasn't able to get any quick answers as to the federal reserve bank conspiracy.

when i asked a couple of friends who are investment bankers, they were surprisingly ignorant of any facts relating to the federal reserve bank, but seemed to think that what the zeitgeist film claimed could not be the truth.

my questions:

1) is the federal reserve bank actually autonomous? as far as i know the head is appointed by the president and they are restricted in what they can do by US law. this doesn't sound like the morgan family has a stranglehold on it as is implied in zeitgeist.

2) doesn't the treasury actually print all the US currency? if so, how does the federal reserve loan us our own currency at interest as is claimed in zeitgeist?

interested to hear what people have to say, but i am also interested in hearing of sources of further reading. for instance i want to read this book on the topic - The Creature from Jekyll Island:

http://www.amazon.com/Creature-Jekyl.../dp/0912986212

I haven't actually had time to watch this myself. I believe there's some merit in the argument against privatization of American currency, but what I've seen of this borders on the Protocols/Zion-level tinfoil hattery.

Comment

Haven't seen this movie yet. FWIW, Hong Kong had private currency for years. Seemed to work well enough over there.

Comment

I didn't watch the movie, but to answer your question, the Federal Reserve Bank is a private institution that operates seperately from the federal government. The word 'federal' is a reason for this confusion. The presidint has no say whatsoever in the appointment of the president of the bank.
        Arguments against government control of our currency are a) Each president would have ability to temporariliy boost economy in order to quick-fix problems during their term, and b) the government would fuck it up.

I've been told that our economy is based on a Babylonion system similar to a Ponzi (pyramid) scheme. Since our dollar went from the gold standard to what is now 'fiat' money, the dollar is no longer worth the paper it's printed on.

Comment

I know the religon part is bull, which makes me question the rest of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by switchblade
            I didn't watch the movie, but to answer your question, the Federal Reserve Bank is a private institution that operates seperately from the federal government. The word 'federal' is a reason for this confusion. The presidint has no say whatsoever in the appointment of the president of the bank.
            The governing board of the federal reserve system most certainly is appointed by the president and confirmed by the congress. The individual federal reserve banks are quasi private companies who take direction from the board, but their charter is established by congress.

They do loan us our own money at interest. They also purchase foreign currency, precious metals, bonds, etc. It's how the US controls its currency.

It's essentially a private/public fusion, it mostly works, and if they have any secret world controlling lodge meetings they must have sent me out to coffee when I was working with them. I always miss out on the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobious12
              I know the religon part is bull, which makes me question the rest of the movie.
              in what way? the religion stuff seemed to be the most solid part to me.

what exactly would you dispute? the astrological stuff? the similarities to egyptian religion? te questioning of jesus' existence?

Comment

Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                The governing board of the federal reserve system most certainly is appointed by the president and confirmed by the congress. The individual federal reserve banks are quasi private companies who take direction from the board, but their charter is established by congress.
                ok so they are in some way controlled by the federal government, then.

They do loan us our own money at interest. They also purchase foreign currency, precious metals, bonds, etc. It's how the US controls its currency.
                ok this part i don't get. why do they get to charge the us govt interest on its own money? i mean sure they need to get paid, but we could allocate funds for that.

It's essentially a private/public fusion, it mostly works, and if they have any secret world controlling lodge meetings they must have sent me out to coffee when I was working with them. I always miss out on the good stuff.
                yeah, i keep telling people that if there's a worldwide jewish banking conspiracy then they've been sending my checks to the wrong address for years.

but seriously, if there is some sort of conspiracy going on with the fed reserve, i don't think anyone but the top tier players would be in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
                  ok this part i don't get. why do they get to charge the us govt interest on its own money? i mean sure they need to get paid, but we could allocate funds for that.

You don't get it because it doesn't make sense. Amazingly, it's also untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
                    They aren't loaning it to the government, they are loaning it to member banks=your local BofA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobious12
                      I know the religon part is bull...
                      How so?

Comment

here is a good 'conspiracy' movie about the fed.

Actually its pretty fucking interesting some of the history it brings up is awesome.

Did anyone else know that england used sticks as currency for over 800 years? WTF? STICKS?! "Money doesn't grow on trees son"...

http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...19560256183936

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936

Its 4 hours long so a download is recommended (unless you have insane bandwidth limits).

I saw this movie about 6 months ago and then I watched a whole bunch on videos on youtube of the federal reserve chairmen (alan greenspan, ben bernake) being interviewed and it became quite clear that most of the claims in the movie about the [function] of the federal reserve are true. The movie is also a large part about the [existance] of the federal reserve - a scam or ploy by the private wealthy elite supposedly.

So I think you could divide ideas about the federal reserve into claims about its

[function] or
                        [existance]

and then it would probably be quite easy to confirm or reject aspects of the conspiracy.

Comment

The most accurate thing I saw in that movie was the federal reserve information. The links they used to 9/11 was mostly conjecture, in my research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System

Pretty good breakdown.

On the christian stuff, I don't have enough of a background in religion to pass judgement, but not being christian, I buy their theories.

Comment

oh yeah, they're not screwing with the money.

it's all legit.

*launches flying pig*

Comment

They made the Horus cult out to be the center of Christianity and modern English words wchich are both ridiculous assertions. Horizon is taken from a Greek word that means 'circle' and has absolutely nothing to do with Horus. Also they mix and match the Horus myth up. If they wanted to conflate Christian Jesus with any Egyptian god it would be Osiris and not the child Horus. While there are similarities between Isis and Mary this can be attributed to the Isis mystery cult that was fairly popular in Imperial Rome.

However it seems a huge stretch to equate the "Avenger of the Gods" with the "Lamb of G_d who takes away the sins of the world". Had they gone with Tammuz or Adonis and left Horus out of it, I could maybe see it, but the Horus thing is specious at best. That's like saying Issa = Mousa = Ramses II.

As for their Federal Reserve views, it seems like a lot of things are being tied that aren't necessarily so. From my understanding, the Fed chairman is nominated and appointed a lot like an employment agency referring someone. The government being the employer in this case. They have the right to refuse any candidate the agency (the Fed) refers to them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X