Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kill Bill: One of the best movies ever made...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this could very well turn out to set many new cinematic standards...

Comment

...for complete vacuous decadence.

Comment

LoLoL!!
        Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
        "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

I know I shouldn't expect much from Hollywood, but damn, not even holding a sword right !!!!
          I know, I know, take a chill pill.
          I gotta go meditate, do some Taiji, maybe go hunt down a bull and punch him in the head and chop of his horn ( shit that might piss him off, better not).
          I know, I am gonna go ippon seio nage a grizzly, that will teach the fucker to still my peanut butter !!!!
          Well, everything is possible, in Hollywood.

Comment

Sonny Chiba was the sword choreographer according to what Lucy Liu said on Conan. The guy from those old Street Fighter movies.

I haven't seen the movie yet, I won't until Monday night .. but I am going to go ahead and make a guess that it sucks donkey balls.

Why it will suck:

Lucy - not a martial artist
            Uma - not a martial artist
            David Caradine - hahahhahaha!
            Vivica Fox - not a martial artist

This film is about everything that was gay about Kung Fu films. I mean, nobody who takes martial arts seriously would put Sonny Chiba or David Caradine in his movie .. let alone cast the least athletic women actors alive today in the lead roles.

Jackie Chan (who Quentin introduced as his hero at the MTV music awards a few years back) is not in the movie, not even in a cameo. I think that says something. It says that either Quentin is too stupid to know who the real icons of Kung Fu films are or that even Jackie was too insulted by how gay the films seem to take part in them.

Casting David Caradine in your Kung Fu movie is kind of like .. casting a white guy in black face make-up in a sequel to Boys In The Hood and having him say "massa" a lot. David Caradine is not a Kung Fu movie icon. He was a white guy cast in a series because America didn't even want to see a Chinese guy play a Chinese guy on TV back when this country was more racist than it is now.

This movie does seem like a comedy, very much so .. Jet Li, chuck Norris, Jackie Chan, those guys aren't in it. The only old school guy in a lead role in Sonny Chiba. He always sucked. He's a Toshiro Mifune wannabe who never made a movie that stood out.

Kill Bill is a celebration of the cheesy side of Kung Fu. That is my guess anyway. Even on the previews, Lucy and Uma are talking and they say "Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids." They can't be serious.

This better be a comedy. If it is trying to be serious then it just .. seems like it will suck the balls off a donkey. I hope I am wrong.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Comment

Very well said 9chambers.
              And 100% on the button about the schmuck Carradine.
              There are no real martial artist doing movies anymore ( with the exception of Li, and Chan)
              I mean, ok Donnie Yen is great, but "modern martial arts" and not epic stuff.
              Can you think of anyone (caucasian) who could be THE martial arts star today?
              Gary Daniels ???
              Jeff Speakman ???
              That loser from the transporter ???
              Anyone ???

Its' not that I can't help these people, I don't want to.

Comment

Sonny Chiba is in it? It must be good!

The Streetfighter Rules

Comment

IMO it looks total wank.

I will probably go see it because I want to see how he's handled the violence, but the way they handle the weapons looks beyond shit.

Comment

I like the old Chiba movies, streetfighter, killing machine. Cheesy but fun to watch :)
                    As for the weapons, I have seen very FEW movies that have done Japanese weapons any justice.
                    The Mifune ones, of course, the lone wolf and cub Movie ( not TV) series was ok too.
                    The Challenge with Mifune and Scott Glen was cool.

Comment

Erney Reyes Jr. were good in Rundown. He's been on the Muay Thai curcuit racking up a decent record in a real sport. If he is making his return to acting, that kid has a good future. He's not white though.

The next big white martial arts superstar?

I don't know .. Tom Cruize? :P

Comment

Cruize??
                        Well, why not, he can't be worst than Carradine !!
                        I hear his Last Samurai is VERY well done.

Comment

John Cusack

Comment

I think I read somewhere that Lucy Liu dabbled in Eskrima and Silat. Not sure how long or if she's still practising.

Comment

Cusack was cool in Grosse Point Blank

Comment

Oh crap.

I was as wrong as wrong can be

and I apologize for my wrongness.

Please forgive me for being the wrongest person alive.

Kill Bill was perfect. Uma was perfect. Lucy was perfect. Gordon Liu and the crazy 88 were so perfect. The artwork was perfect. It was one of the best movies ever, definately Quintin's best film. It was very fun. I enjoyed it very much. Don't buy a drink when you go to this movie. You'll regret it, especially at the end with the water and everything. This movie was freaking good. It made me happy. - Oh, I don't recommend it for kids or people who mind blood, gore and limbs getting hacked off left and right.

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X