"MARTIAL FEUDS!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"MARTIAL FEUDS!"

Just wondering if anyone knew of any feuds between particular styles. I was talking to Das Moose on MSN and he said that there has been one between WC and CLF.

I also believe that Judo had one with just about every Jujutsu Ryu in Honshu.

Does anyone else know of any?

GJJ vs Wing chung , there camps traded in sualts for a good time and there was almost fight. Also BJJ vs Judo that was sort of one.
    There was plenty of dojo wars along time ago as well. I can think of some examples.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Comment

Of course, Ashida Kim is his own worst enemy!

Comment

Os what's SS kickboxing?

Comment

I believe that he was referring to San Shou.

Comment

San Shou was created out of rivalry with MT, in my modest opinion.

Why not allow knees and elbows like thais, why make rules against constant head shots... but make them learn to grapple (throw, takedown, shoot, etc)? Its like its made to be a apple vs orange kind of thing.. reminds me of how the different kinds of gladiators were equipped.

SS is good stuff, though. Definitely.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
            <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
            Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

"GJJ vs Wing chung , there camps traded in sualts for a good time and there was almost fight."

DESPITE your grammar...
              I understand it was Emin Boztepe that was the talker
              that would be EBMAS not WC camps

Edit: I cannot spel.

--
              "Where did you get that picture of my MOM!" Posted by Judo-Kid August 07 2003
              http://bullshido.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5232&FORUM_ID=14&CAT_ID =11&Topic_Title=Cutest+animals%3F&Forum_Ti tle=Off%2DTopic+Discussion&whichpage=1

Edited by - pizdoff on August 08 2003 13:13:53
              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

"DESPITE your grammer..."

Piz! It's GRAMMAR goddammit! GRAMMAR!

Comment

Pizdoff that isn't fair. Though Emin claims to be teaching his "own style" (not to mention that a large number of people simply don't like him), he's still doing wing chun.

I'm so glad that my wing chun teacher doesn't have an ego, and so far the majority of practitioners from different lineages that have dropped by have been very open minded and fun to train with. We've had numerous students from Moy Yat and Tsui Sheung Ting and Yip Cheung lineages participate in our class without any tension whatsoever.

I would say that most lineage wars are between the ego boosted Leung Ting and William Cheung factions.

Edited by - Angry-Monkey on August 08 2003 12:58:32

Comment

You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Comment

grammah!!!!
                      wait....

I should just stop commenting on WC politics and non-physical

--
                      Slacking, No Work, and ADD

"Having no strength? I don't think it matters in a fight unless you have the wrong attitude about it."
                      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Every other style VS Tae Kwon Do. I always hear about people dogging Tae Kwon Do.

Not that I care though.

Comment

everyone on bullshido vs kfss

DeThours vs DeThours (the brothers are fighting each other)

DeThours vs William Sanders. Standing challenges have been givenby various bodies in both lineages. My money is on those not believing in spiting bats from one's mouth in battle.

Comment

Hapkido vs the world
                            TKD vs every one exsept hapkido
                            Muay Thai vs american kick boxing
                            Bjj vs sambo
                            Bjj vs Kickboxing(all)

Comment

tote was a troll on sherdog that constantly proclaimed hapkido's supremacy, if my memory serves me...

---------------
                              aaronboyd2: Or you could quote ME quoting Freaky Friday
                              aaronboyd2: I LOOK LIKE THE CRYPT KEEPER

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X