BJJ - expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ - expensive?

$160 a month for unlimited classes to learn from a Gracie.

Comment

$100 a month for unlimited 1.5 hr classes (I usually go to 3 or 4 a week), learning from a black belt.

Comment

Comment

80 a month for 3 classes a week. Gracie sponsered black belt teaches.

Comment

"This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Comment

When I move to Southern California next month, I'm signing up with JJ Machado for $195 a month unlimited. Pricey, but then again worth it. Have you seen the credentials of JJ Machado?

Comment

$115 dollars a month for a 12 month contract at the MMA place near me and that's just for BJJ. $140 month to month.
                The Machado Place charges $125 dollars just for 3 days a week. I think it's more if you want to go full time.
                カンフー

Comment

Originally posted by drew-jitsu
                  When I move to Southern California next month, I'm signing up with JJ Machado for $195 a month unlimited. Pricey, but then again worth it. Have you seen the credentials of JJ Machado?
                  Just for BJJ? I would think at $195 it was a MMA gym.
                  カンフー

Comment

The best deal locally is $55 per month for training under two high purples - one a judo BB, the other a former college wrestler. 2 gi and 2 no-gi classes per week for two and a half hours. Also includes a three hour 'just judo' class.
                    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

$110 a month for unlimited classes mondays through fridays, 1.5 hour classes with open mat time after each class, (plus additional open mat on Sats if you want more.) All that from Carlson Rollyson, 7th degree BB BJJ and 2nd degree BB in Judo - incredibly fucking sweet deal if you ask me.

At least in South Florida, BJJ schools seem cheaper than MMA schools (which go about $180+ for unlimitted classes.) One exception are the Popovitchs which charge $200 a month, $300 downpayment and a 36 month contract. You can train day and night 6 times a week, but shit, that's too expensive.
                      Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Comment

150 of my american dollars a month for unlimited 1.5 hour classes. BJJ taught by two black belts, gracie trained. also includes boxing, muy thai, and yoga. the training space is low on amenities and it's a long drive, but i've been very happy. this is massachusetts bjj in acton, pretty near boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones
                            Just for BJJ? I would think at $195 it was a MMA gym.

Strictly BJJ

Comment

Just found a place yesterday that charges $2AUS per lesson (bout a buck fifty US) and 50 per year for membership....
                              It's two one and a half hour lessons per week - only with a purple belt but I figure I suck anyway so I don't really need a Gracie at this stage.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X