Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whitebeltinlife
    replied
    He was demonstrating a punch and tapped her nose by accident. No big deal. He made sure she was ok. She Gave a good ntured Whoa! with a smile when he nicked her. He then said something like , " SO you see it would get the guy." She joking ly said something very close to " Yeah , it almost got me!" and turned around and resumed her practice. His face darkened, he came up behind her and to her flank, sort of , and gave a short,sharp shoving strike to her shoulder. He screamed " When we are out here I am not your husband ! I am your instructor.! Like a brainwashed follower, I did nothing.
    And even if she had said I banged your best friend, that is not a crime, but aggravated battery and domestic violence.certainly are crimes.

As to scheduling, we weren't telling him if we were going to be there . ( if we weren't there , we we expected to explain ourselves. We were asking if we could come. And the class could just as easily be in the parking lot across from his house. No lie.

ok...it's the same guy. But the JJ teacher was a different teacher. I should have listed to her stepdaughter and not taken her class.

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    Originally posted by whitebeltinlife View Post
    As I've been down the MA rabbit hole, I have come into contact with quite a few stories of teachers who belittle, bully and otherwise abuse students. Sometimes it's as minor as
    a random and uncalled for insult, sometimes it's years of near cult like abuse.
    I was at a college JJ intro class where the teacher casually threatened to " rip John's balls off." He spoke to the provost.
    Another teacher shoved his petite wife across the room and after she got off the floor yelled at her until tears streamed down her face. Her transgression? She said something he didn't like. The guy was like 250+ pounds.
    I had a teacher who told us we had to call him personally two days before class and ask him if we could come to class. Fking weird
    It seems that scenes like this are more common in the MA world than ,say, yoga. Has anyone else had this sort of experience?
    We need a little more info .

He could have been teaching “monkey steels the peach”.

Simply saying “she said something he didn’t like” tells us nothing because it could have been “I banged your best friend last night “

I know MA teachers that certain times of the year numbers drop off and they can be standing in an empty class that was 20 strong the a few weeks before so if they could cancel their hall booking 48hrs before and not have to pay rental it would make sense to confirm with students a few days before .

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Martial arts has the tendency to attract people who crave power and authority. Like anything else it can be used as a crutch to hold up those with insecurities. Your stories do not suprise me.

Leave a comment:

• whitebeltinlife
    started a topic MA abuse

MA abuse

As I've been down the MA rabbit hole, I have come into contact with quite a few stories of teachers who belittle, bully and otherwise abuse students. Sometimes it's as minor as
    a random and uncalled for insult, sometimes it's years of near cult like abuse.
    I was at a college JJ intro class where the teacher casually threatened to " rip John's balls off." He spoke to the provost.
    Another teacher shoved his petite wife across the room and after she got off the floor yelled at her until tears streamed down her face. Her transgression? She said something he didn't like. The guy was like 250+ pounds.
    I had a teacher who told us we had to call him personally two days before class and ask him if we could come to class. Fking weird
    It seems that scenes like this are more common in the MA world than ,say, yoga. Has anyone else had this sort of experience?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X