Devil’s Definitive COVID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post

I can see the truth in what you're saying here.

They want to get reelected at some point, so as it stands trying to force the issue would probably not beconducive with that goal. So they compromised.

Businesses are generally high traffic areas so while i can understand your viewpoint of it being cowardly of the politicians, it also probably the next best course of action vis a vis the mask issue. So i dont know anyone can really expect anything more than that.

Go to strict and people rebell, go to lenient and your putting public health at greater risk then you need too.

Shits complicated.
    You have hit on one of the most important topics regarding politics. Politicians are too focused on reelection rather than serving the public good for which they were elected to do in the first place. Governors for instance are supposed to be elected to serve the people not to fluff a political career or only pass laws to get reelected. They should IMHO sacrifice their careers if necessary for the greater good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

You have hit on one of the most important topics regarding politics. Politicians are too focused on reelection rather than serving the public good for which they were elected to do in the first place. Governors for instance are supposed to be elected to serve the people not to fluff a political career or only pass laws to get reelected. They should IMHO sacrifice their careers if necessary for the greater good.
      Well, go on then. Run for major. See how long you'll last.
      go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

Well, go on then. Run for major. See how long you'll last.
        Major?? Isn't that an appointed rank??

Comment

Saw this headline tonight..

Deadlier Than COVID-19: China Warns Of 'Unknown Pneumonia' Affecting Kazakhstan

I'm almost certain that's some kind of hyperbole or misinformatiopn... but I'm gonna stock up on bootleg Indian antibiotics anyway...
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Major?? Isn't that an appointed rank??
            Mayor! I meant Mayor. Fuck, caught me slipping.

Anyway, my point is that talk is cheap, Bnet. Those are some pretty high expectations. When was the last time you made such a sacrifice for the greater good?
            go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Mayor! I meant Mayor. Fuck, caught me slipping.

Anyway, my point is that talk is cheap, Bnet. Those are some pretty high expectations. When was the last time you made such a sacrifice for the greater good?
              By sacrifice you mean not being a corrupt, self serving, greedy fucking asswipe?? Yeah, I think I could do that. Nice try though in your excuse. In a side note of corruption, one of my hometowns previous mayors stole money from a trust fund and then committed suicide when he got caught. Doesn't seem like being a better person than most politicians is that high of a bar to leap over.

Comment

Excuse nothing. Your words, homeboy:

Push comes to shove, few people would have such integrity. And you expect this to be a politician's norm?

P.S. Obviously, ignoring your strawman example of an outright corrupt mayor.

Comment

Push comes to shove, few people would have such integrity. And you expect this to be a politician's norm?
                  If they can't stand up and call it straight they don't belong in office. Everyone has their pet biases and sacred cows but putting your thumb on the scale just to further your political career when the effect is bad laws that are bad for the country is wrong. We need to restructure congress and make 6 year term limits. Every politician needs to go on the record about the Economic models they believe in. A politician who passes bad laws that cripple the rights of citizens is <like> having a young earth creationist write geology textbooks. This is how we got lobotomies and trepanning to treat physical illnesses.

Edit: Fuck sake I think I've got early onset dementia. My spelling, word usage and grammar get worse by the god damn day. I never swapped phonetic words before the last couple of years but now it's all the GD time. Is there a test you can take? I'm not putting that in Google.

I don't want The computer to know I'm old AND stupid.
                  Last edited by Dung Beatles; 7/10/2020 11:34am, .
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post

Why do you assume there will be a vaccine? There is absolutely no guarantee of that.
                    Oh you’re just saying that cause last time someone tried to develop a coronavirus vaccine they spent over ten years without getting close enough for clinical trials...
                    2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                    #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Excuse nothing. Your words, homeboy:

P.S. Obviously, ignoring your strawman example of an outright corrupt mayor.
                      That wasn't what I was referencing by saying nice excuse.

So in your opinion few people have the integrity to not be greedy, soulless, fucking asswipes?? Not sure I fully agree with that.

P.S. My reference of the corrupt mayor was to point out how low the bar is on the morality scale for politicians in general, it's hardly a strawman argument in the context I posted.
                      Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 7/12/2020 6:35am, . Reason: Just to be an asswipe

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post

Oh you’re just saying that cause last time someone tried to develop a coronavirus vaccine they spent over ten years without getting close enough for clinical trials...
                        It's also probably pretty difficult to make a vaccine for a manufactured virus. Hell they add new lists almost daily for the symptoms. But it is a Chinese made virus so eventually it'll just break on it's own.

Comment

That wasn't what I was referencing by saying nice excuse.

So in your opinion few people have the integrity to not be greedy, soulless, fucking asswipes?? Not sure I fully agree with that.

P.S. My reference of the corrupt mayor was to point out how low the bar is on the morality scale for politicians in general, it's hardly a strawman argument in the context I posted.
                          Dude, you're just repeating your strawman argument (i.e. replacing "sacrificing your political career for..." by "not being corrupt").

Comment

Dude, you're just repeating your strawman argument (i.e. replacing "sacrificing your political career for..." by "not being corrupt").
                            Then by all means argue an actual counterpoint instead of bitching about logical fallacies that absolutely no one gives a shit about. Or prove I made said fallacy in the first place. Either would work better than the spittle you are posting here.

Comment

Then by all means argue an actual counterpoint instead of bitching about logical fallacies that absolutely no one gives a shit about. Or prove I made said fallacy in the first place. Either would work better than the spittle you are posting here.
                              Shut the fuck up. Your illogical bullshit is like nails on a chalkboard to active who can actually think. (You'll have to take my word for it, of course.)

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post

Shut the fuck up. Your illogical bullshit is like nails on a chalkboard to active who can actually think. (You'll have to take my word for it, of course.)

​​​​
                                Go fuck yourself you whiny asshat. You have yet to make a coherent argument yet in this thread or any other on any fucking topic. All you do is bitch about shit without any ability to argue a point and when any poster on the site points it out you stalk them from thread to thread to harass and post generally ignorant crap. Eat a dick.
                                Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 7/13/2020 7:24am, . Reason: Forgot an is

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X