Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devil’s Definitive COVID Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
    0 new cases where I live for the last three days now. And Lowe's has been open for a month and a half.
    So, fuck science, right? Science says to stay at home. You’re basically equivalent to an anti-vaccer.

    Comment


      #92
      This is exactly the thread Devil wanted to create.

      Who knows what he really believes.
      King without a crown

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Devil View Post

        So, fuck science, right? Science says to stay at home. You’re basically equivalent to an anti-vaccer.
        When did you become the spokesman for "science"?

        But Anyway, since a representative has decided to come on the site, i have an idea i want to run by you.

        I have a hypothesis that if a person were to vacuum seal a plastic bag around their head; they would drastically reduce their chances of contracting Covid 19 when out and about in the world.

        You love science, so i was wondering if you would be brave enough to help me conduct an experiment. Ill send you a plastic bag and vacuum, with included instructions on how to apply the barrier on your head. Follow the included instructions and guidelines and in couple months ill check back in too see if you have contracted the virus yet.

        I will act as the control group. And will continue on as normal, sans bag.

        I believe the results of our findings could be a great help to mankind... and for "science".
        Last edited by lant3rn; 7/07/2020 9:16pm, .

        Comment


          #94
          COVID, an instance of "What does not kill you, makes you stupid."
          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by Devil View Post

            So, fuck science, right? Science says to stay at home. You’re basically equivalent to an anti-vaccer.
            Science says that there are ways to minimize the spread of disease, some more practical than others. You seem to be saying that since it’s not practical or required for everyone to stay home until the virus’ parabolic distribution completes, that trying any mitigation efforts is a bad idea. Is that about right? What is your scientific background?

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by Permalost View Post

              Science says that there are ways to minimize the spread of disease, some more practical than others. You seem to be saying that since it’s not practical or required for everyone to stay home until the virus’ parabolic distribution completes, that trying any mitigation efforts is a bad idea. Is that about right? What is your scientific background?
              No.

              My issue with the masks and rules is this.....those rules are being determined by politicians, not by scientists. From a scientific perspective, there is a sliding scale of effectiveness, with a full quarantine being most effective and tongue kissing your girlfriend after she was diagnosed with COVID being least effective.

              The politicians are choosing where on that scale we will land. I can understand if politicians want to make recommendations for what the public should do. I don’t really have a problem with that. But I do have a problem when they start making and enforcing rules on the population based on the arbitrary point on the sliding scale of scientific effectiveness that they decide is the correct arbitrary point.

              There is wild inconsistency in the rules that are being forced down our throats. The inconsistency is a result of politicians not really knowing what to do, which is understandable. But when in doubt, I would rather err on the side of freedom than to be force fed a bunch of rules by a bunch of fucking clowns.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by Devil View Post
                You assholes want to pretend you have tHe ReAl ScIeNcE. But you’re really just picking and choosing the science that you’re willing to adhere to and then criticizing others for doing the same. That makes you douchebags and intellectual cowards.
                Finally, the mostly truth of the matter.

                This sort-of epic troll is a tour de force of logical fallacies.

                Do you do this stuff spontaneously, like, in one sitting, or make an outline and build from there?

                I think one problem for people is the idea of "settled science". It's really a contradiction in terms for the most part.

                Everyone has to assess the risks they are willing to take, and how to mitigate the risk(s), in general.

                We do it all the time.

                All of us, one way or another.



                Falling for Judo since 1980

                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by BKR View Post

                  Finally, the mostly truth of the matter.

                  This sort-of epic troll is a tour de force of logical fallacies.

                  Do you do this stuff spontaneously, like, in one sitting, or make an outline and build from there?

                  I think one problem for people is the idea of "settled science". It's really a contradiction in terms for the most part.

                  Everyone has to assess the risks they are willing to take, and how to mitigate the risk(s), in general.

                  We do it all the time.

                  All of us, one way or another.



                  I do this effortlessly. I do it while I’m working, telling my girlfriend what color panties to wear when I get home, listening to 6ix9ine and shopping online for pocket knives and ammo. And I do it well. It ain’t easy. I just make it look easy.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Devil View Post


                    I do this effortlessly. I do it while I’m working, telling my girlfriend what color panties to wear when I get home, listening to 6ix9ine and shopping online for pocket knives and ammo. And I do it well. It ain’t easy. I just make it look easy.
                    Your ability to effortlessly parrot/satire/parody is really amazing.

                    As far as panties go, I like my wife to surprise me.


                    Falling for Judo since 1980

                    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by BKR View Post

                      Your ability to effortlessly parrot/satire/parody is really amazing.

                      As far as panties go, I like my wife to surprise me.

                      I think that one of the most common human flaws is an unwillingness or inability to think critically and thoroughly examine their own beliefs, and the reasons for those beliefs. Most people just aren’t deep thinkers. They want to get a quick answer and not have to think anymore.

                      They make it easy for me.

                      Comment


                        Devil - next thread request plz “Make peace with your conquerors”.
                        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Lily View Post
                          Devil - next thread request plz “Make peace with your conquerors”.
                          Be more specific. Give me something to work with.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Devil View Post

                            No.

                            My issue with the masks and rules is this.....those rules are being determined by politicians, not by scientists. From a scientific perspective, there is a sliding scale of effectiveness, with a full quarantine being most effective and tongue kissing your girlfriend after she was diagnosed with COVID being least effective.

                            The politicians are choosing where on that scale we will land. I can understand if politicians want to make recommendations for what the public should do. I don’t really have a problem with that. But I do have a problem when they start making and enforcing rules on the population based on the arbitrary point on the sliding scale of scientific effectiveness that they decide is the correct arbitrary point.

                            There is wild inconsistency in the rules that are being forced down our throats. The inconsistency is a result of politicians not really knowing what to do, which is understandable. But when in doubt, I would rather err on the side of freedom than to be force fed a bunch of rules by a bunch of fucking clowns.
                            Aren't most laws and regulations established on an arbitrary basis?

                            In you post you acknowledged that their is a scale being used to set guidelines. Would that also mean you understand that their is underlying logic being applied in different parts of the world; in how they are handling the pandemic? I think you would be contradicting yourself if that was not the case. Think you realize that now.

                            Maybe you were trolling or maybe your just trying to squirm out of the knot you tied your brain into, I'm not sure

                            But as i understand what your saying; is your just mad about the half witted scatter brained implementation of a strategy that was put in place where you live. You don;t have a problem with the ideas presented, just how they were being put into play?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by lant3rn View Post

                              Aren't most laws and regulations established on an arbitrary basis?

                              In you post you acknowledged that their is a scale being used to set guidelines. Would that also mean you understand that their is underlying logic being applied in different parts of the world; in how they are handling the pandemic? I think you would be contradicting yourself if that was not the case. Think you realize that now.

                              Maybe you were trolling or maybe your just trying to squirm out of the knot you tied your brain into, I'm not sure

                              But as i understand what your saying; is your just mad about the half witted scatter brained implementation of a strategy that was put in place where you live. You don;t have a problem with the ideas presented, just how they were being put into play?
                              Law? What law? There is no law here. These rules haven’t been enacted by lawmakers. They’ve been put into place by local governments who are overreaching with their powers. If they tried making laws to enforce these bullshit rules it would be thrown out of the courts for unconstitutionality.

                              They’re slimy, cowardly fucks. Here’s what they’re doing in lots of places...,they’re making masks mandatory. Because “important.” But they’re not enforcing it with individuals. That would create a mega shit storm. It’s not important enough for THAT. Instead, they’re threatening to fine businesses for letting people in with masks. So they make Joe the Sandwich Slinger enforce their bullshit rules because they’re too cowardly and impotent to do it to the citizens directly,

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Devil View Post

                                Law? What law? There is no law here. These rules haven’t been enacted by lawmakers. They’ve been put into place by local governments who are overreaching with their powers. If they tried making laws to enforce these bullshit rules it would be thrown out of the courts for unconstitutionality.

                                They’re slimy, cowardly fucks. Here’s what they’re doing in lots of places...,they’re making masks mandatory. Because “important.” But they’re not enforcing it with individuals. That would create a mega shit storm. It’s not important enough for THAT. Instead, they’re threatening to fine businesses for letting people in with masks. So they make Joe the Sandwich Slinger enforce their bullshit rules because they’re too cowardly and impotent to do it to the citizens directly,
                                I can see the truth in what you're saying here.

                                They want to get reelected at some point, so as it stands trying to force the issue would probably not be conducive with that goal. So they compromised.

                                Businesses are generally high traffic areas so while i can understand your viewpoint of it being cowardly of the politicians, it also probably the next best course of action vis a vis the mask issue. So i dont know if anyone can really expect anything more than that.

                                Go too strict and people rebell, go to lenient and your putting public health at greater risk then you need too.

                                Shits complicated.
                                Last edited by lant3rn; 7/10/2020 3:23pm, .

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X