Devil’s Definitive COVID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devil View Post
    What if there is no vaccine? How long are you guys willing to put your lives on hold?
    My life is not on hold, it has just changed. It's done that a lot over the years.
    Last edited by lant3rn; 7/04/2020 2:39am, .

Comment

Your government can’t save you from a virus. Lament that truth all you please. You can’t change it.
      Pretty sure mine did. Unless there is some weird semantics argument I have missed.

I mean we had Coronavirus. Government did stuff. We are very close to no Coronavirus.

I was thinking the other way. That masks, individual precautions and if you are scared stay home is basically rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

It would take a combined effort at federal level to save people from coronavirus. And then wear masks.

And I sparred this morning. Not because I am some sort of captain risky. But because there is almost no likely hood of me catching the ,Rona as nobody in Queensland has it.

And nobody in Queensland has Coronavirus because we locked everyone down so nobody could pass it on.
      Last edited by gregaquaman; 7/04/2020 1:56am, .
      Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

For the same fucking reason there’s no SARS vaccine, Forrest. Have you not considered that as a possibility?
        I have, but why do you think it's the case here?

Comment

I probably won’t spend lots of time in this thread because I’ve gotten my fill of arguing with anti mask laissez faire amateur virologists, but there’s a lot of stuff here that’s dumb as shit. So in no particular order:

- masks limit the spread of the virus. Compare the curve of mask vs no mask places. Or look at actual studies. Saying they don’t do anything is a way of saying you ignore all data you don’t like. Are they 100% effective? No, but that’s no reason to do nothing at all.

-pandemics can be mitigated. Hell, even this one in particular. Look at the EU’s numbers- they’ve had their parabolic curve come and go, while here in America we’re still climbing because we’re acting like idiots and ignoring people who actually study disease.

-acting like everyone will get it as a foregone conclusion is stupid. Did you get SARS? MERS? Ebola? AIDS?

-wearing a mask really isn’t that hard. I can’t believe how people are stubbornly avoiding it. It doesn’t make you alpha or manly or whatever to say fuck everyone that’s not me.

Anyway, I probably won’t return to argue this, take that as an intellectual victory if you want, you big strong brave sociopath. I just wanted it noted that not everyone on Bullshido is anti-science.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
            I probably won’t spend lots of time in this thread because I’ve gotten my fill of arguing with anti mask laissez faire amateur virologists, but there’s a lot of stuff here that’s dumb as shit. So in no particular order:

- masks limit the spread of the virus. Compare the curve of mask vs no mask places. Or look at actual studies. Saying they don’t do anything is a way of saying you ignore all data you don’t like. Are they 100% effective? No, but that’s no reason to do nothing at all.

-pandemics can be mitigated. Hell, even this one in particular. Look at the EU’s numbers- they’ve had their parabolic curve come and go, while here in America we’re still climbing because we’re acting like idiots and ignoring people who actually study disease.

-acting like everyone will get it as a foregone conclusion is stupid. Did you get SARS? MERS? Ebola? AIDS?

-wearing a mask really isn’t that hard. I can’t believe how people are stubbornly avoiding it. It doesn’t make you alpha or manly or whatever to say fuck everyone that’s not me.

Anyway, I probably won’t return to argue this, take that as an intellectual victory if you want, you big strong brave sociopath. I just wanted it noted that not everyone on Bullshido is anti-science.
            Well said.
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

I also believe that the more we let this follow it’s own course with zero mitigation efforts, the more we are opening the door to mutations. Every host is a potential for the billions of viral copies produced to turn into a new strain with new properties. By allowing whatever can happen to happen, we may end up with many new coronaviruses.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                I also believe that the more we let this follow it’s own course with zero mitigation efforts, the more we are opening the door to mutations. Every host is a potential for the billions of viral copies produced to turn into a new strain with new properties. By allowing whatever can happen to happen, we may end up with many new coronaviruses.
                It's been a courtesy to wear masks in many Asian countries when ill or recovering for the nigh forty years I've witnessed. Wearing one now cuts down the odds of contracting or passing on the virus.

Comment

No. You’re all hypocrites.

If you want to be on the side of science and act like everyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask is an idiot, ask yourself this....

The science is clear. The best way to combat this virus is to keep your ass at home. Have you been out of your house during the virus for anything other than getting food or medicine or something that is an absolute essential for survival? If so, you don’t get to say shit about people who don’t wear masks.

Have you been to Lowe’s? Have you been to Bass Pro? Have you been shopping for a nonessential item? Have you gotten a haircut? Has your wife gotten her hair done? Have you gone out for ice cream? If so, shut the fuck up. You’re ignoring the science and putting others at risk unnecessarily. You’re a hypocrite. Your ass should have been at home, mask or no mask.

You say I’m ignoring the science. But I’m doing the same thing you are. I’m deciding what level of risk is acceptable to me.

Actually, what you’re doing is worse because you’re not deciding yourselves what level of risk is acceptable. You’re just doing as you’re told regardless of the science and then claiming intellectual superiority. You’re mental midgets and the definition of sheeple. You’re hypocrites.

Comment

If you want to be on the side of science and act like everyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask is an idiot, ask yourself this....

The science is clear. The best way to combat this virus is to keep your ass at home. Have you been out of your house during the virus for anything other than getting food or medicine or something that is an absolute essential for survival? If so, you don’t get to say shit about people who don’t wear masks.

Have you been to Lowe’s? Have you been to Bass Pro? Have you been shopping for a nonessential item? Have you gotten a haircut? Has your wife gotten her hair done? Have you gone out for ice cream? If so, shut the fuck up. You’re ignoring the science and putting others at risk unnecessarily. You’re a hypocrite. Your ass should have been at home, mask or no mask.

You say I’m ignoring the science. But I’m doing the same thing you are. I’m deciding what level of risk is acceptable to me.

Actually, what you’re doing is worse because you’re not deciding yourselves what level of risk is acceptable. You’re just doing as you’re told regardless of the science and then claiming intellectual superiority. You’re mental midgets and the definition of sheeple. You’re hypocrites.

Sheeple would have kept their asses home. It is the entitlement of the sheepdog that is the issue.

Mandating masks are cheaper and easier than doing actual effort to fix the problem.

From a government perspective this generally works.

Where it falls down is from a disaster recovery perspective where it really does require a government to step up and govern not just stay out of people's way.

Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

I have some masks and hand sanitizer. Also, eye protection, ear plugs a hair net where required. Gloves too. Usually wear my seat belt.

You're nothing special.

Comment

That’s right. Dig in like ticks with your hypocrisy. I expect nothing less.

if they tell you to drink Clorox next week, you’ll do that too.

You refuse to acknowledge the arbitrary nature of the rules your political handlers are dictating to you. Yesterday you had to stay at home but today you don’t. Yesterday you didn’t have to wear a mask but today you do. Yesterday you couldn’t eat at a restaurant but today you can, but only if it isn’t a bar. You can fly on an airplane but not go to the gym. You can protest but can’t go to church. It is all illogical, arbitrary and highly politicized and you refuse to see it for what it is and think objectively about the situation.
                        Last edited by Devil; 7/04/2020 3:59pm, .

Comment

There are two public goods that are sort of at odds in the dilemma; that is economy and public safety. It's a bit of a tough balancing act for sure. Hopefully after a vaccine you'll stop being such a little bitch about it.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post

There are two public goods that are sort of at odds in the dilemma; that is economy and public safety. It's a bit of a tough balancing act for sure. Hopefully after a vaccine you'll stop being such a little bitch about it.
                            Why do you assume there will be a vaccine? There is absolutely no guarantee of that.

Comment

Why do you assume there will be a vaccine? There is absolutely no guarantee of that.
                              There are vaccines developed that have already entered clinical trials. True we don't have a working vaccine.

You assumed there would be terrorist attack. I think my guess seems more plausible.

We will probably both be right at some point in the future.

Comment

I would like for some of you to explain how you can take rules so seriously that are clearly wildly inconsistent. I’m hearing a bunch of motherfuckers who act like all these rules are the gospel, when clearly the people who are issuing all these orders have no fucking idea what to do. How do you put so much trust in a battalion of ass clowns who are obviously lost and clueless? Where does all this faith come from?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X