Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devil’s Definitive COVID Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post

    We are at 104 deaths almost no new cases and opened pretty much back up.

    Exept for Victoria.

    we locked down hard tested diligently and isolated the cases quickly. All according to expert advice.

    Honestly this thread sounds a bit like Shelbyvilles turnip tree.

    https://youtu.be/FT7YZQEHHVE
    Do you actually think you’re done? Do you understand what a virus is? It is not done. You quarantine hard, cases drop. You open back up, and it’s coming right back. The virus didn’t go anywhere. Think through this, bro. Think. You’re celebrating early.

    Comment


      #17
      Yes devil we need a vaccine.

      Comment


        #18
        This virus will run its course until there’s a widely available vaccine, period. You can play lockdown games but you can’t hide from it forever.

        Comment


          #19
          If going to take shots in dark, I'll say there will be rollout of a public vaccination campaign up here in Canada around March or April next year.
          Last edited by lant3rn; 7/01/2020 3:39pm, .

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Devil View Post
            2. Fuck you and your placebo masks. You want to claim the intellectual high ground with your “jUsT wEaR uR mAsK, iDiOT!!!” bullshit. The truth is that the science of wearing masks to deal with COVID is mixed. So fuck your mixed science mandatory masks.
            Why do you believe this to be true? I'd be interested in your evidence.

            Comment


              #21
              Devil’s womanfriend wants him to propose. He’s terrified and hoping he can avoid it by believing this nonsense.

              As an aside, given our low population density, we don’t really wear face masks (I see those with risk factors wearing them and some on public transport). I’ve been going to the office for the last 3 months, shopping, going for a coastal holiday next weekend, kid went back to school in late May. Europe may be opening up to Australian travellers soon, woohoo!!
              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

              Comment


                #22
                The use of masks by the general public can not be compared to the use of masks by surgical staff. You’re not in a sterilized room with scrubs and gloves and formal procedures. You’re just assholes. Your nose is sticking out of your mask. It doesn’t fit right. You put your grubby little hands all over it and wear it over and over again. Your masks are a fucking joke.

                Are none of you guys training? How long are you going to let this hysteria keep you from training? My son is training jiu jitsu 6 days per week and working with his strength and conditioning coach multiple times per week in a group setting. That’a how I’ll probably get COVID. From him. And that’s okay. Everyone in my household is in a very low risk category. So we’re not going to let the fear of this shit keep us from leading our lives for 6 months or a year.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Ok so first to be clear I fucking hate the goddamn masks and am 100% biased on this subject....

                  Now having said that I really don't think the masks will lower infection rates that much. IMHO there are only two types of people that the masks could potentially be used on:

                  1) people who don't know they have the virus. There is maybe a slight percentage that a mask could prevent such a person from transmitting the virus. Only problem is if you don't know you have the virus then you are likely to not be as careful or observant of your actions while in public. To me this makes the chances low that a mask would have any significance to this group.

                  2) people that do in fact know they have the virus. This group gives zero fucks since if they're out in public they already expect and and probably want to spread the virus. A mask will not reduce anything in this group.

                  Now as for social distancing, I'm just not sure what the end game expectation is. Like seriously how long do you close down the world?? Until everyone is starving in the streets like North Korea?? Eventually the "cure" is going to outpace the disease if time lapses far enough.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                    Ok so first to be clear I fucking hate the goddamn masks and am 100% biased on this subject....

                    Now having said that I really don't think the masks will lower infection rates that much. IMHO there are only two types of people that the masks could potentially be used on:

                    1) people who don't know they have the virus. There is maybe a slight percentage that a mask could prevent such a person from transmitting the virus. Only problem is if you don't know you have the virus then you are likely to not be as careful or observant of your actions while in public. To me this makes the chances low that a mask would have any significance to this group.

                    2) people that do in fact know they have the virus. This group gives zero fucks since if they're out in public they already expect and and probably want to spread the virus. A mask will not reduce anything in this group.

                    Now as for social distancing, I'm just not sure what the end game expectation is. Like seriously how long do you close down the world?? Until everyone is starving in the streets like North Korea?? Eventually the "cure" is going to outpace the disease if time lapses far enough.
                    Right. I’m not suggesting there’s no possibility whatsoever of a mask preventing the spread of the virus in some individual cases. I’m sure they will do that. But what’s the end game? You’re just delaying the inevitable, unless everyone is planning to do this whole fucking mask/quarantine/social distancing thing until we have a vaccine. How long is that going to take? Two years? Ten years? Who the fuck knows?

                    The world has to move on and accept this shit. We can’t run from it. And everyone needs to stop fooling themselves by thinking they have any sort of control over this virus whatsoever. You don’t. Not unless you’re planning to be a hermit until there’s a vaccine.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I think you're attacking a strawman. The concern I've heard is to limit the rate at which ICUs have to treat victims of the coronavirus. It's bad if ICUs begin to overflow.

                      Also, I still haven't seen your evidence for your beliefs. If you want to come on as a hard-nosed skeptic, you need to make with the evidence.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                        I think you're attacking a strawman. The concern I've heard is to limit the rate at which ICUs have to treat victims of the coronavirus. It's bad if ICUs begin to overflow.

                        Also, I still haven't seen your evidence for your beliefs. If you want to come on as a hard-nosed skeptic, you need to make with the evidence.
                        Hospitals aren’t overflowing and they’re not going to. That has been a widely accepted talking point since day one. It hasn’t materialized and it’s not going to. This shit isn’t nearly as dangerous as originally expected. But the hypesters refuse to back off that argument now because they’re doubling down on the hysteria rather than punting on the whole COVID apocalypse narrative.

                        And I don’t do other people’s homework for them. If you want to learn, go read. The information is out there.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          You're making the claims. Supply the evidence or don't.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                            You're making the claims. Supply the evidence or don't.
                            How is that different from you obeying your handlers without doing any scientific research?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                              You're making the claims. Supply the evidence or don't.
                              You’re not on the side of science. You’re on the side of what the media says “scientists say.”

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Devil View Post

                                You’re not on the side of science. You’re on the side of what the media says “scientists say.”
                                Do you seriously not understand the difference between supplying verifiable evidence and mindlessly accepting claims? Because unless you supply some evidence, that's exactly what you're asking us to do.

                                Are you sure you're on the right website?

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X