No announcement yet.

The let's discuss protestors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else do you guys expect from hippies?? They have no moral compass or any real values. They are just the same as 1800's era witch hunters they know only hate. It's pathetic.

Comment

Reimagined cancel culture?
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

At this point I think the protesters are idiots because they're doing exactly what Trump's admin wants them to do to give him the optics he needs whether or not he's capable of utilizing them.

Twice as dumb for doing this during a pandemic. Trump is the usual sad sack of shit because he seems to be trying to actively make it worse with these Stazi reenactment performances.

Putin is probably loving every minute of this except his own protests are entering their 3rd week right now. Our protests are a twofer for our enemies: civil unrest plus propagation of an extremely infectious virus.

I understand they're angry, as much as any protesting group is angry but maybe stop and look around at the what you're actually achieving vs what you want to achieve.
        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

It wouldn’t have mattered if the protestors all smiled, tipped their hats, and sang songs...Trump was going to do something to someone to show he’s a ‘Strong-Man’, doesn’t really matter to him who he targets.

The right to protest is carved in big bold letters on the bedrock foundation of this nation.

That Navy veteran that was in the news a couple weeks ago...wanted to ask those federal troops about their oath to the constitution, so they beat him, broke his hand, pepper sprayed him, and he just took it.

Who would you say the Patriot was in that instance?

Comment

Originally posted by Keslet View Post
            It wouldn’t have mattered if the protestors all smiled, tipped their hats, and sang songs...Trump was going to do something to someone to show he’s a ‘Strong-Man’, doesn’t really matter to him who he targets.

The right to protest is carved in big bold letters on the bedrock foundation of this nation.

That Navy veteran that was in the news a couple weeks ago...wanted to ask those federal troops about their oath to the constitution, so they beat him, broke his hand, pepper sprayed him, and he just took it.

Who would you say the Patriot was in that instance?
            There’s nothing patriotic about any of this. The extremes of both sides are gradually pulling the US apart and whoever wins this tug of war will just shaft the majority of normal Americans citizens regardless.
            Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

^this^

Comment

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post

There’s nothing patriotic about any of this. The extremes of both sides are gradually pulling the US apart and whoever wins this tug of war will just shaft the majority of normal Americans citizens regardless.
                I disagree in general...there can always be specific instances that cross lines, but the right to protest in itself is baked in to this nation. That Navy Veteran challenging the federal agents on their actions based on their constitutional oaths was patriotic as hell.
                Last edited by Keslet; 7/27/2020 8:36am, . Reason: Hit post before I was done...

Comment

I disagree in general...there can always be specific instances that cross lines, but the right to protest in itself is baked in to this nation. That Navy Veteran challenging the federal agents on their actions based on their constitutional oaths was patriotic as hell.
                  The right to ‘peacefully’ protest, and from what I’ve seen from footage regarding the Navy Vet that had descended into a riot long before he had approached the riot police/feds. Does that mean that he deserved the battering he got? Of course not, but this underlines the futility of the protests at the moment. Protests are almost always hijacked by a hardcore element (or even lone wolves wanting to entice violence) which turns it into a riot. Authorities respond usually with a scaled response but their efforts are usually hijacked by the genuinely racist or sadistic cops who enjoy the violence and this starts a tit-for-tat escalation in violence. The only people who benefit from this is the extremist minorities in either group. Expand this to a national level and it’s the far-right and far-left that benefit wether it’s an extension of authority for the right or an extension of anarchy for the left. Either way the majority of Americans in the middle or even off centre left and right are paying for it.

In summary I have equal contempt for both extremes but I agree with an earlier point that these riots (and they are riots) only feed and enable Trump. Personally I think people should back off and let him hang himself with his own rope.

As for the Navy vet, granted he was being patriotic and he didn’t deserve to be beaten but I don’t respect his actions. Trying to have a discussion with riot police during a riot is either naive or disingenuous and he’s baiting. To be fair he seems like a decent enough bloke so I’m going for the former.
                  Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

The right to ‘peacefully’ protest, and from what I’ve seen from footage regarding the Navy Vet that had descended into a riot long before he had approached the riot police/feds. Does that mean that he deserved the battering he got? Of course not, but this underlines the futility of the protests at the moment. Protests are almost always hijacked by a hardcore element (or even lone wolves wanting to entice violence) which turns it into a riot. Authorities respond usually with a scaled response but their efforts are usually hijacked by the genuinely racist or sadistic cops who enjoy the violence and this starts a tit-for-tat escalation in violence. The only people who benefit from this is the extremist minorities in either group. Expand this to a national level and it’s the far-right and far-left that benefit wether it’s an extension of authority for the right or an extension of anarchy for the left. Either way the majority of Americans in the middle or even off centre left and right are paying for it.

In summary I have equal contempt for both extremes but I agree with an earlier point that these riots (and they are riots) only feed and enable Trump. Personally I think people should back off and let him hang himself with his own rope.

As for the Navy vet, granted he was being patriotic and he didn’t deserve to be beaten but I don’t respect his actions. Trying to have a discussion with riot police during a riot is either naive or disingenuous and he’s baiting. To be fair he seems like a decent enough bloke so I’m going for the former.
                    For the most part I agree with this, the only part I really disagree with is that situations in general are not as black and white(no pun intended) as it's being portrayed. Yes I'm 100% sure that navy vet was baiting the cops, but their response not only wasn't warranted, it was downright retarded. In fact it made them look like complete fools especially since their beatdown didn't even cause that vet to flinch. Like seriously how small was that cops dick that his extreme charge and attack couldn't even flinch an old man. Kind of pathetic really.

Comment

That cop was like

The old man was like

Comment

Well, that’s the rub of it...the right to protest is about as absolute as it gets in the US, but people have different definitions of ‘peaceful’. We’ve seen Trump order in troops to clear the way for a church photo-op...for this Navy Vet, he had every right to be there and was trying to remind these guys of their oaths before they cut loose on the protestors, and they flat out attacked him.

The video I saw had, what, 3-4 cops immediately around this one guy with his hands down, no other protestors appeared to be near (at least in the camera view), no shooting or objects being thrown, and they started swinging for the fences, because...’riot’???

That’s the other word people use carelessly...’riot’. Sure can’t see any ‘rioting’ in the vicinity when they attacked the a Navy Vet, they didn’t appear to be in fear or crisis at that moment, they just went straight to weapons because...? If you call that scene a ‘riot’ then what the hell isn’t?

Here’s an example of what apparently isn’t...open carrying into the statehouse and screaming in a cop’s face about wearing masks. Nobody getting weapons out for that.

So, a protest still be tense and have conflict, even open disrespect to authorities, screaming and yelling, getting into personal space...and we don’t pull out those Ill- defined Words Riot and Peaceful...unless, of course, we don’t like what the protest is about...that’s why I’m inclined to give a great deal of latitude to protests as a general rule, too much bias in where folks draw their lines in the sand.

Comment

Well, that’s the rub of it...the right to protest is about as absolute as it gets in the US, but people have different definitions of ‘peaceful’. We’ve seen Trump order in troops to clear the way for a church photo-op...for this Navy Vet, he had every right to be there and was trying to remind these guys of their oaths before they cut loose on the protestors, and they flat out attacked him.

The video I saw had, what, 3-4 cops immediately around this one guy with his hands down, no other protestors appeared to be near (at least in the camera view), no shooting or objects being thrown, and they started swinging for the fences, because...’riot’???

That’s the other word people use carelessly...’riot’. Sure can’t see any ‘rioting’ in the vicinity when they attacked the a Navy Vet, they didn’t appear to be in fear or crisis at that moment, they just went straight to weapons because...? If you call that scene a ‘riot’ then what the hell isn’t?

Here’s an example of what apparently isn’t...open carrying into the statehouse and screaming in a cop’s face about wearing masks. Nobody getting weapons out for that.

So, a protest still be tense and have conflict, even open disrespect to authorities, screaming and yelling, getting into personal space...and we don’t pull out those Ill- defined Words Riot and Peaceful...unless, of course, we don’t like what the protest is about...that’s why I’m inclined to give a great deal of latitude to protests as a general rule, too much bias in where folks draw their lines in the sand.
                          In the videos I saw before the vet went to speak to the cops/feds the crowd was smashing things up and setting fires. They might have been letting fireworks off but I’d have to rewatch it. People can have as many definitions of peaceful as they want, as soon as things get broken and things get thrown about it’s no longer peaceful in the eyes of the law and measures will be taken against it. If, and it’s a big If, a protest is monitored from beginning to end it’s actually pretty obvious when a protest turns into a riot and who started.

Also a peaceful protest should not be tense or have conflict, screaming and yelling included, that’s not protesting anything, that’s antagonising. That’s not peaceful almost by definition. Whilst it doesn’t warrant counter measures it’s a big combat-indicator for the authorities and they need to stand by to react. I’m not defending the police’s actions specifically on this occasion but the ‘protestors’ are woefully naive if they think they won’t be met with force when they act like a bunch of animals.

I agree that the vet should not have been attacked, it showed extremely poor discipline by that cop/fed and is an example of just how unprepared they are to deal with the ongoing situations, however I stand by that the vet was an idiot for being there. When multiple cops in riot-gear are shouting at you to move and there’s tear gas all over the place, it’s not time to have a chat, no matter how noble the intention, it’s time to gtfo.
                          Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

In the videos I saw before the vet went to speak to the cops/feds the crowd was smashing things up and setting fires. They might have been letting fireworks off but I’d have to rewatch it. People can have as many definitions of peaceful as they want, as soon as things get broken and things get thrown about it’s no longer peaceful in the eyes of the law and measures will be taken against it. If, and it’s a big If, a protest is monitored from beginning to end it’s actually pretty obvious when a protest turns into a riot and who started.

Also a peaceful protest should not be tense or have conflict, screaming and yelling included, that’s not protesting anything, that’s antagonising. That’s not peaceful almost by definition. Whilst it doesn’t warrant counter measures it’s a big combat-indicator for the authorities and they need to stand by to react. I’m not defending the police’s actions specifically on this occasion but the ‘protestors’ are woefully naive if they think they won’t be met with force when they act like a bunch of animals.

I agree that the vet should not have been attacked, it showed extremely poor discipline by that cop/fed and is an example of just how unprepared they are to deal with the ongoing situations, however I stand by that the vet was an idiot for being there. When multiple cops in riot-gear are shouting at you to move and there’s tear gas all over the place, it’s not time to have a chat, no matter how noble the intention, it’s time to gtfo.

whether you believe they should or not, protests are often heated (after all, the reason people are protesting is because they feel strongly about something), and are still not to be suppressed. Authorities tend to vary on how good they are at sucking up their ‘antagonism’ depending on the person doing the screaming and the cause they’re screaming about.

It also shouldn’t be naive to attend a public protest and expect to not be attacked by the authorities as a citizen of this nation. There is ample video evidence of cops going way overboard in their reactions against these protests against police brutality (perceive the irony or not), and I just don’t accept your excuse...law enforcement has been given tremendous responsibility in the tools they are given to do their job, and they Damn well should be expected to respond with far more discipline than ‘tit-for-tat’ retaliation.

Let me say it straight, the feds going into the cities are escalating the situations, which happens to play right into Trump’s narrative of needing a ‘strongman’ president and the cities being dystopian warrens on the brink of collapse. I would not be shocked to find this is by design...he needs to fire up his base with a little class warfare.

The number of people who have sworn oaths to our constitution and then perform these actions disgusts me.

Comment

whether you believe they should or not, protests are often heated (after all, the reason people are protesting is because they feel strongly about something), and are still not to be suppressed. Authorities tend to vary on how good they are at sucking up their ‘antagonism’ depending on the person doing the screaming and the cause they’re screaming about.

It also shouldn’t be naive to attend a public protest and expect to not be attacked by the authorities as a citizen of this nation. There is ample video evidence of cops going way overboard in their reactions against these protests against police brutality (perceive the irony or not), and I just don’t accept your excuse...law enforcement has been given tremendous responsibility in the tools they are given to do their job, and they Damn well should be expected to respond with far more discipline than ‘tit-for-tat’ retaliation.

Let me say it straight, the feds going into the cities are escalating the situations, which happens to play right into Trump’s narrative of needing a ‘strongman’ president and the cities being dystopian warrens on the brink of collapse. I would not be shocked to find this is by design...he needs to fire up his base with a little class warfare.

The number of people who have sworn oaths to our constitution and then perform these actions disgusts me.
                              So let the federal buildings burn? I'm in no way condoning the beat down of the Navy cat who was baiting the officers. There is a point where peaceful assembly to protest turns to riotous assault. If the local elected leaders would let their police do the job the Feds would not be there.

Again, I ask. Let the mob burn the buildings? What would Mayor Keslet do?

Comment

Wait, is this thread about protesters or rioters?
                                GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                                Originally posted by Devil
                                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X