The let's discuss protestors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The let's discuss protestors thread

I'm mainly starting this discussion because of this particular recent news story, but it's open for all protestor related discussions such as the stupid ass CHAZ/CHOP retards or really any other protests related crap.

The story in question is this one: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/us/st...rnd/index.html

A couple decided to defend their home in a somewhat retarded way when a mob of protesters cut through their private road. Now I can understand both sides to an extent on this, but I find myself siding more towards the retard home owners here due to the simple fact that nowhere does the first amendment grant the right to break the fucking law for the sake of protesting. Several of the recent protests have been tainted by acts of violence including destruction of property, assaults, and even murder. That type of behavior is going to make people nervous when a mob approaches their private property while being armed. The cities response of "protecting the right to protest" is in my opinion misguided since they're basically saying that it's ok to pillage.

Almost forgot my obligated meme.....

Comment

I was extremely surprised they behaved as they did as despite the guns they put themselves in a vulnerable position.

Koreans on the roof know how best to defend ones property which is undoubtedly from an elevated position.

Personally id have stood on the roof or at first/second floor window.

If the Las Vegas shooter taught us anything its that you can do a shit load of damage from that position with an assault rifle and there is little anyone can do to stop you.

Had none of the protests evolved into looting and thuggery it is possible they may not have felt the need to be so aggressive with their posture.

But maybe not , we will never know.

King without a crown

Comment

The Las Vegas shooter didn't have an assault rifle. Neither did either Ken or Karen.

In the MO case referenced above, the protesters broke into a clearly posted, gated, and fenced property. So under MO law they (or some of them) committed first degree trespassing.

Ken and Karen were sitting outside eating a meal with their family. They really stupidly,tactically speaking, went out on the lawn and waved firearms around. Also, legally speaking, as they may have committed one or two different MO laws (assault) and some sort of felony weapons offenses.

So I guess we are gonna see what the PA does regarding charges either way.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Weapons Offenses.
          https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSecti...&bid=33874&hl=

Decent news article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stigation.html

MO Trespassing law...

So, here is a link to the Missouri Statute on First Degree Trespass https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSecti...&bid=34963&hl=
          [2:19 PM]
          569.140. Trespass in the first degree — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of trespass in the first degree if he or she knowingly enters unlawfully or knowingly remains unlawfully in a building or inhabitable structure or upon real property.   2. A person does not commit the offense of trespass in the first degree by entering or remaining upon real property unless the real property is fenced or otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders or as to which notice against trespass is given by:   (1) Actual communication to the actor; or   (2) Posting in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders.   3. The offense of trespass in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, unless the victim is intentionally targeted as a law enforcement officer, as defined in section 556.061, or the victim is targeted because he or she is a relative within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity to a law enforcement officer, in which case it is a class A misdemeanor. If the building or real property is part of a nuclear power plant, the offense of trespass in the first degree is a class E felony.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            Weapons Offenses.
            https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSecti...&bid=33874&hl=

Decent news article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stigation.html

MO Trespassing law...

So, here is a link to the Missouri Statute on First Degree Trespass https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSecti...&bid=34963&hl=
            [2:19 PM]
            569.140. Trespass in the first degree — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of trespass in the first degree if he or she knowingly enters unlawfully or knowingly remains unlawfully in a building or inhabitable structure or upon real property.   2. A person does not commit the offense of trespass in the first degree by entering or remaining upon real property unless the real property is fenced or otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders or as to which notice against trespass is given by:   (1) Actual communication to the actor; or   (2) Posting in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders.   3. The offense of trespass in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, unless the victim is intentionally targeted as a law enforcement officer, as defined in section 556.061, or the victim is targeted because he or she is a relative within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity to a law enforcement officer, in which case it is a class A misdemeanor. If the building or real property is part of a nuclear power plant, the offense of trespass in the first degree is a class E felony.
            It may solely depend on weather or not it can be proven that the protesters were armed. Being armed while trespassing is a whole different situation not to mention the self defense argument that could be made.

Comment

Looks like the CHOP is getting cleared out now. It's about fucking time they swept up that looney bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                I'm mainly starting this discussion because of this particular recent news story, but it's open for all protestor related discussions such as the stupid ass CHAZ/CHOP retards or really any other protests related crap.

The story in question is this one: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/us/st...rnd/index.html

A couple decided to defend their home in a somewhat retarded way when a mob of protesters cut through their private road. Now I can understand both sides to an extent on this, but I find myself siding more towards the retard home owners here due to the simple fact that nowhere does the first amendment grant the right to break the fucking law for the sake of protesting. Several of the recent protests have been tainted by acts of violence including destruction of property, assaults, and even murder. That type of behavior is going to make people nervous when a mob approaches their private property while being armed. The cities response of "protecting the right to protest" is in my opinion misguided since they're basically saying that it's ok to pillage.

The stupidest part of this can be seen in the way they hold their firearms... If you buy a gun wouldn't you want to know how to hold it safely and lawfully?

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post

The stupidest part of this can be seen in the way they hold their firearms... If you buy a gun wouldn't you want to know how to hold it safely and lawfully?
                  Yeah at one point the woman actually points her gun at her husband's head with her finger on the trigger. They would have lost the gunfight.

Comment

As bad as their skills and drills were, it worked. The stupidest part is the protesters mincing about on people’s private land. If they got slotted by a firearms mong then more fool them.
                    Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post

As bad as their skills and drills were, it worked. The stupidest part is the protesters mincing about on people’s private land. If they got slotted by a firearms mong then more fool them.
                      From the video I can't get a sense of what the protesters are doing. Maybe they are threatning or they just barged into a gated community to protest and we're sticking to the streets. Did they vandalise other homes in the vicinity that didn't have armed home owners out front? I'm not sure, so I can't say if there tactic was effective or not. But it did look like at one point he had his rifle pointed at his wife and she pointed the pistol at her husband. They seemed to pose more of a danger to each other than the crowd.

Comment

From the video I can't get a sense of what the protesters are doing. Maybe they are threatning or they just barged into a gated community to protest and we're sticking to the streets. Did they vandalise other homes in the vicinity that didn't have armed home owners out front? I'm not sure, so I can't say if there tactic was effective or not. But it did look like at one point he had his rifle pointed at his wife and she pointed the pistol at her husband. They seemed to pose more of a danger to each other than the crowd.
                        They were cutting through the area to protest at the mayor's house, they then got in a confrontation with the homeowners when they were asked to leave the private street.

Comment

It's the 4th of July. Fuck the protesters today.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...struction-site

An American flag presented at a Richmond, Va. construction site was taken down almost as soon as it went up Friday after city officials voiced concerns that it could be a "target" for demonstrators and protesters.
                          "Since when is this flag, on this weekend, IN THIS COUNTRY, a Target!!" wrote Eric Winston of American Coatings Corp. in a Facebook posting. "Let me guess, if I had a black lives matter flag it would be 'ok'!?"

Winston added that the flag was put up with the permission of the project's general contractor, Gilbane Building Company. Gilbane complied with the order, and the flag was removed.

Winston disputed the request, arguing that "The American Flag is a symbol of Freedom," he wrote.

"I'm all for the freedoms and liberty's we have in this country, Protest, sure. Take a knee during the national anthem, whatever floats your boat. Marry who you want, absolutely! That's what this flag represents! It's bull [expletive] that you made us take it down."
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSiZ7e3z3dRM1Y0E_ePmzDOddQrkOOZkDqMww&usqp=CAU.jpg
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	4596693
                          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Protesting is American as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                              Protesting is American as fuck.
                              No argument here. My post is in protest to the protesters on this day.

Opinions and assholes...
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X