Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minneapolis retires it's officers...all of them??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minneapolis retires it's officers...all of them??

I know the current sentiment there is bad, but what the actual fuck??

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/ge...day/index.html

How the hell would this even work??

It works because if there is no police, then there is no crime. How is this a difficult concept?

GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Wow, this is going full retard. I can’t wait to see how this plays out...
      Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
        You're only saying this because you like to lick boot.
        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
        Originally posted by Devil
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post

You're only saying this because you like to lick boot.
          I’m only saying this becouse I like Escape from New York but I’ll settle with the Minneapolis version instead.
          Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

This is not exactly unprecedented. The county/counties involved will pick up the slack, with regards to crime. Possibly also St. Paul and other nearby departments.

What's going to be interesting is that most of the 800-ish people employed are probably going to get jobs in these other departments, or even the new paradigm, whatever that ends up being.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
              This is not exactly unprecedented. The county/counties involved will pick up the slack, with regards to crime. Possibly also St. Paul and other nearby departments.

What's going to be interesting is that most of the 800-ish people employed are probably going to get jobs in these other departments, or even the new paradigm, whatever that ends up being.
              This happens a lot in my city. Officers who are fired from the city PD end up working for a nearby township that's basically still in the same city.

Comment

Where they could really fuck this up is if it becomes a city wide version of neighborhood watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                  Where they could really fuck this up is if it becomes a city wide version of neighborhood watch.
                  I hear George Zimmerman is looking for work...
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post

You mean the very communities who have been brutalized by the Minneapolis PD for, literally decades, will hire the same officers as part of their "community based" solution(s)?

LOLOLOLOL

And right,the County Sheriff Department won't be affected at all. Those guys have jurisdiction in the entire county (Hennepin), whether the city likes it or not.

I wonder who runs the dispatch center...

Interesting...

So, Minneapolis is in Hennepin County. St. Paul is in Ramsey County.

No calls to "defund" police in Ramsey County.

MN Dept. Public Safety run 911 in state.

But the elected sheriff runs the jail and 911 center out of Plymouth.

Provides services throughout the county...

I'm guessing they routed Minneapolis calls to Minneapolis PD.

Living in interesting times, for sure.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Guardian Angels for the win ?

Sliwa got beat to shit in NYC last week or so ago, defending a stupid shoe store.

Attention whore much, Curtis?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

This happens a lot in my city. Officers who are fired from the city PD end up working for a nearby township that's basically still in the same city.
                        Right, happens all the time. Ones who get fired for cause will go to smaller agencies that are desperate for any kind of police personnel. Also ones who do not do as well at the POST academy.

Comment

It sounds like they want even moar "community based" than that.

Minneapolis is essentially balkanized already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
                            WEll, the UK is being held up as a kinda model of how policing should be. Mostly unarmed cops, very very few people shot/killed by cops.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

You mean the very communities who have been brutalized by the Minneapolis PD for, literally decades, will hire the same officers as part of their "community based" solution(s)?
                              Where else are you gonna get 800 qualified officers on the turn of a dime?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X