Never quote a Nazi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

The first amendment says he had the right to be there. The two officers responded by breaking the law, then chose to stop any aid from being rendered.

As far as the mission standpoint I would say if their mission was to get charged with a crime and cause the situation to worsen, well mission accomplished??
    The 1st Amendment says you have the right to threaten to kill POTUS too.

Go ahead and make that call, please.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

The 1st Amendment says you have the right to threaten to kill POTUS too.

Go ahead and make that call, please.
      Making threats was by my understanding not covered by the first. Nice jump in logic though.

Comment

Making threats was by my understanding not covered by the first. Nice jump in logic though.
        Nice jump in logic yourself.

Obstructing an officer and violating a curfew is not lawful, either.

Now, old man did not deserve to get his head broken, for sure, because cops fucked up.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Nice jump in logic yourself.

Obstructing an officer and violating a curfew is not lawful, either.

Now, old man did not deserve to get his head broken, for sure, because cops fucked up.
          Violating the curfew could probably be argued against on the grounds of the first. Obstruction sure, but hardly in any way deserving of the response. There were what 100 cops there so not exactly an overrun position that required them to leave the guy to bleed out.

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post

We really need Diesil to comment on something like this.

What are the proceedures with regards to breaking ranks midway through a protest? what are the associated risks by doing so? I:E if you try to help one person then you put your whole team at risk so call for a medic and contiue ?

How much discretion is allowed?

Im not saying that I agree with that but it could be the difference between going to prison or a change in proceedures.

Breaking what ranks exactly?? There were like 100 cops to one old man. This wasn't firepost Charley during the tet offensive for fucks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post

One guy violating an executive order is not an assembly. Watch the video, there's almost exactly 0 people standing with him.

Due process doesn't enter into it, he reached at/towards an officer's duty belt. Was he going for the gun? Hmm...

Thus, not peaceably assembling, and not petitioning. He was literally blocking officers from committing their lawful duty.
              Oh wow nice stretch there. I actually watched the video and that's just a retarded thing to say. He barely blocked them and had exactly zero threat to him. They shoved him for no other purpose than the fact that they could. Then they purposely left him to die. Making excuses for shitty behavior makes you just as shitty as the behavior you defend. I seriously hope you're trolling. I'm not one of those stupid defund asswipes or even a liberal by any means, but shit like this has to end simply for the sake of morality. Defending shit like this, come on dude have some class.

Comment

Violating the curfew could probably be argued against on the grounds of the first. Obstruction sure, but hardly in any way deserving of the response. There were what 100 cops there so not exactly an overrun position that required them to leave the guy to bleed out.
                Right, what did I just write, LOL? I mean, you can't read or what?

Violating curfew "argued on ground of 1st". You don't even know what that means. Argue how? Do you even know how criminal law works?

Comment

So, I watched the video again.

Cop right away calls for medical. He is on his radio, moves to left off screen.

The are charged with 2nd degree assault, and a Florida agency is offering to hire them.

Seriously... https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/br...rnd/index.html

Comment

Right, what did I just write, LOL? I mean, you can't read or what?

Violating curfew "argued on ground of 1st". You don't even know what that means. Argue how? Do you even know how criminal law works?

I would imagine that if a protester took it to court that the curfew was put in place to infringe on their rights I would put it 50/50 of being overturned.

Not sure what your other point is so please elaborate.

Comment

So, I watched the video again.

Cop right away calls for medical. He is on his radio, moves to left off screen.

The are charged with 2nd degree assault, and a Florida agency is offering to hire them.

Seriously... https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/br...rnd/index.html

Yeah I saw him call it in, however an officer was also stopped from assisting. You should already know that time matters with head injuries.

Comment

I would imagine that if a protester took it to court that the curfew was put in place to infringe on their rights I would put it 50/50 of being overturned.

Not sure what your other point is so please elaborate.
                        LOL
                        IMO, the PA would have dropped the charges.

Appeal what is either a MSD or a infraction (the curfew), LOL, on constitutional grounds.

Comment

Yeah I saw him call it in, however an officer was also stopped from assisting. You should already know that time matters with head injuries.
                          So, what is the cop going to do? Most he could do is try to stabilize the old dudes head, in case of neck injury, and even that...

And the old dude starts seizing, well, 1st aid for that is let them flop.

So, cop calls for medical on the radio, send other cop onward to help clear the street.

It's already a cluster, he knows it, and then they tried to lie their way out of it, but VIDEO.

What's he gonna do, trepan the guy with his multitool?

Comment

The Florida agency offering to hire the fired cops? That's just for information.

Comment

So, now all cops need to be female black EMTs or PAs with a law degree focusing on civil liberties? Great. That's definitely not going to cost a lot of money.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                                So, now all cops need to be female black EMTs or PAs with a law degree focusing on civil liberties? Great. That's definitely not going to cost a lot of money.
                                LOL, it seems like it's either one extreme or the other. I think the problem could be solved with two easy steps. Step one hire non assholes. Step two have actual accountability that reflects the act.

No need to have all officers turn into English bobbies. Somewhere in between the third reich and PC safe spacers would work.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X