Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Paul's nonviolent self defense system.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Paul's nonviolent self defense system.....

Hi everyone,

How are you doing? Hope all is ok with you.

I'm searching info for a future project about Bill Paul's non violent self defense system.

Can you help me to understand more about it?

Bill Paul was a famous judo champion and San Francisco activist too

Take care.

Tony

Hi everyone,

How are you doing?

I'm searching info for a future project about Bill Paul's non violent self defense system.

Can you help me to understand more about it?

He was a judo champion and a SF activist too.

Take care.

Tony

Comment

Don't spam channels with identical posts, man. This isn't the place for that. Pick one place, make one post.

However, that indeed does sound like some total bullshit.

Are you referring to this hilariously bad Wing Chun cult stuff?

Last edited by Dung Beatles; 4/18/2020 8:18am, .
      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

"Hey, Ray. I want you to spin your arms in a wide circle and just walk straight forward. If someone gets hit, that's their fault for not getting out of the way. No court in the land could convict you!"

Comment

Sorry guys. It's my first time.

Thanks a lot.

Tony

Comment

I think that it's only a short sample of it.

Tony

Comment

Non violent self defense?? Unless it's the art known as sprinting the fuck away I can't see it as being useful. Hippies need to just stop trying to invent self defense systems. Look I get hippies get their asses kicked a lot and are looking for defense, but they can't be "violent" or it makes them toxic.

Comment

dupe.

Comment

Instead of seeking out knowledge about an esoteric art of Question able value. I suggest you seek out something that is widely available and has been proven to work in violent situations.
                  The real question then becomes what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

Isn’t non-violence a state of mind? Could one be kicking ass and thinking happy thoughts...might that be this system that is being referred to (oh and drinking one’s own urine).
                    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Wrestling..................
                      Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

parkour..........

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                          Isn’t non-violence a state of mind? Could one be kicking ass and thinking happy thoughts...might that be this system that is being referred to (oh and drinking one’s own urine).
                          Are you mistaking violence and aggression?

Comment

I don’t make misteaks.
                            "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                              Non violent self defense?? Unless it's the art known as sprinting the fuck away I can't see it as being useful. Hippies need to just stop trying to invent self defense systems. Look I get hippies get their asses kicked a lot and are looking for defense, but they can't be "violent" or it makes them toxic.
                              For the record, Bill Paul was a senior judoka and a very smart cookie. His system was developed during the '70s and early '80s specifically for use in professional psychiatric care scenarios, where care workers need to defend themselves against attacks by people who are literally not in control of themselves, and therefore the care workers are ethically and legally obliged to use non-violent defenses. If you want a really depressing read, check out how many psychiatric patients are killed or seriously injured in "restraints" applied by well-meaning but under-trained staff in a given year. Paul's system was easily the most sophisticated method of that type I've ever seen, but unfortunately he died young and his system didn't get the chance to spread outside his own professional sphere (Boston-area psychiatric care units).
                              Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X