The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    So who else is going completely fucking stir crazy?
    You're a week late on this post, I'm so goddamn bored I've been reading posts on Sherdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

You're a week late on this post, I'm so goddamn bored I've been reading posts on Sherdog.
      I've had boredom insurance in the form of a schedule 1 drug but even that can't stave off Space Madness forever.

"Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

So who else is going completely fucking stir crazy?
        I have read at least one book a day since being laid off last Friday. If this lasts, I might finish my reading list.
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200403_094429[1].jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	4595133

Place your bets, gentlemen.

Is it just good luck or is it skill?

Comment

Took the first day off since this came down. Not sick. Just lazy.
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

You're going to die. Someday.

Relapse from earlier illness? You been out and about?

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

You're going to die. Someday.

Relapse from earlier illness? You been out and about?
                Bought groceries for my buddy's parents on the 30th.

Comment

Bought groceries for my buddy's parents on the 30th.
                  It was that fat lady following you around. You should have puked on her when you had the chance.

Making light of a bad situation. Hope you're not infected with the bad bug.

Comment

Incubation period is as short as 2 days per

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html

Comment

Fever broke over night. Don't feel 100% but I don't feel "sick". Just feel a little weird like motion sickness. Lupus affecting my inner ear maybe? I am having a flare up but have grown used to them. A lesion in my nose or ear getting a slight infection would make some sense. Have been having extremely vivid dreams, probably brought on by inflammation not letting me get deep sleep. Don't really think it's COVID. Maybe just shit allergies or something since I sleep with the window open for fresh air.

Comment

I have left the house once in the last two weeks. 4 weeks I have only left to go to work. The week before last I transitioned all of my staff that I could, to teleworking. This is a huge breakthrough because we have been talking about doing it for years, but the state and feds couldn’t get along to make it happen. This pushed it through and I got 86 people teleworking in 7 days. But, through all of that I got a call from the director of my division last Saturday and had to mobilize 24 of my staff to work a check point to screen anyone coming into the state on whether or not they have been to New Orleans, New York, or New Jersey. And if they have, record all their information and order them to self isolate for 14 days. So I had to voluntell people to do it, organize the shifts, and get it all set up while I was getting the teleworking going. And really, it’s all a publicity stunt put on by the Governor. But whatever.

So right now, I’m teleworking, my wife is teleworking, two of my sons are going to virtual school, and my 4 year old is demanding PBS kids and jelly sandwiches all day. But I’m thankful to be able to work while a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and just missed their second paycheck. I can’t tell you the snafu that is going on with my job because of this virus and quarantine, but I can tell you it will take years to get back to normal from it, and it will take many of your tax dollars. So keep those coming. 😂
                        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Fever broke over night. Don't feel 100% but I don't feel "sick". Just feel a little weird like motion sickness. Lupus affecting my inner ear maybe? I am having a flare up but have grown used to them. A lesion in my nose or ear getting a slight infection would make some sense. Have been having extremely vivid dreams, probably brought on by inflammation not letting me get deep sleep. Don't really think it's COVID. Maybe just shit allergies or something since I sleep with the window open for fresh air.
                          Hey, did your doc tell you to get an extra refill on your plaquenil? I’ve got a 3 month supply and they called in another refill but I don’t know if I should try and get an early refill, which may contribute to shortages, or say fuck it and get it so my Lupus doesn’t get out of control.
                          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                            But I’m thankful to be able to work while a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and just missed their second paycheck. I can’t tell you the snafu that is going on with my job because of this virus and quarantine, but I can tell you it will take years to get back to normal from it, and it will take many of your tax dollars. So keep those coming. 😂
                            Am stocked up on meds but I've never responded great to it.

The quoted portion occupies a large part of my brain all day and all night.

Imagine what's going on right now in nations with large day laborer populations. The world economy relies on a steady stream of uninterrupted goods and services to function. This will be a true test of modern technological, industrial, economical and logistical advancement. The problem is so big that it could send things spiraling out of control in a Rube Goldberg style nightmare, not much could happen at all or it could be a golden opportunity to restructure the world supply chain so we didn't have to rely on hostile nations like China or put 90% of our medicinal manufacturing in corrupt administrative nightmare countries like India.

Comment

I had to be somewhere at 5PM on a weeknight, it is weird to be able to get anywhere without traffic at any time.

Comment

Was off to a good start yesterday. Set off hiking the mountains for my allowed one outside form of exercise at 0 dark 30 to see the sunrise, except couldn't see the sun or two ft in front of me up there. It was absolutely baltic too. I did two online workouts later. Then my Lithuanian neighbour decided to be an absolute legend of a neighbour and brought me over a bag of Lithuanian beers.(you're allowed to help friends by bringing them goods that they need apparently.) Couldn't control myself and proceeded to smash all of them then ordered a Dominos. At least that's all out of the system now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X