The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate, people are getting hit pretty hard at the moment. It probably won’t get any better for a while.
    Cheers mate. It's funny, though we were still flat out, we still weren't as busy as we were since before the recession. If it took all that time to recover from that, who knows how long this will take. We'll survive though. It is what it is.

Comment

It's gonna be rough, ladies and gentlemen. During this time, I'd suggest following John Danaher's advice and putting the hours into match study and tape review. Use this opportunity to train your mind so when you come back to the mat you have a mental advantage and a knowledge advantage.

Comment

The "essential employee" thing is pretty funny. Seems like everyone is an essential employee these days. I mean, we need people to man the register at stores, work in the prisons, build stuff, fix stuff, clean stuff, move stuff, and then people to keep the money going, answer phones.....
        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Me too so far. Idaho is on 21 day lockdown, but, myself and others are at work.

No local-Virus in this county, yet. Nearest known is 90 miles south of here.
          Well, it just became worse. Fortunately, I didn’t take it as a joke and have been limiting my contact in person with my parents. One person died and at least three others have Covid at the airport. Just heard about it yesterday. Thing is the original dude died on the 17th of March, the family reported it and it took 3 days for the health department to inform the airport. Then it took another 3 days for it to get out into the news.

Comment

I traded cigarettes for toilet paper yesterday, and we’re not even in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
              The "essential employee" thing is pretty funny. Seems like everyone is an essential employee these days. I mean, we need people to man the register at stores, work in the prisons, build stuff, fix stuff, clean stuff, move stuff, and then people to keep the money going, answer phones.....
              It's an arbitrary bullshit category. What it should really be called is the "expendable employee".

Comment

We are lobbying through our national industry body to be classed as an ‘essential industry’ as our products ensure and support production animal health. Wouldn’t want diseased herds now would we? Our meat exports are also going to be important, especially in China where the African Swine Flu has decimated pig populations so they are turning more towards lamb and beef.

New Zealand as always has formalised it on their side, our crappy PM and his office are lagging.
                "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Speaking of diseased herds, what's Bernie Sanders been up to lately?

Edit: That was a cheap shot. I almost regret it.
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                    Well, it just became worse. Fortunately, I didn’t take it as a joke and have been limiting my contact in person with my parents. One person died and at least three others have Covid at the airport. Just heard about it yesterday. Thing is the original dude died on the 17th of March, the family reported it and it took 3 days for the health department to inform the airport. Then it took another 3 days for it to get out into the news.
                    3 days is bad.
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                      Fortunately, I didn’t take it as a joke and have been limiting my contact in person with my parents.
                      I haven’t seen my son in person in 8 days ago since I had to continue working.

Luckily I got laid off today. If I’m still symptom free in 6-7 days, I might consider seeing him.

As an aside, spending all day by myself for the next 6-7 days does not excite. I’m pretty boring.
                      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

I'm traveling at the moment for work. I can probably get home if I need to, but frankly it seems more dangerous to my family for me to go through multiple questionable transit nexuses than to hunker down where I am until things calm down. Plus I can still work from where I am, and am fairly isolated from potential vectors. If I were to try to get home, no telling where I could get stuck.

Right now it's looking like I probably can't expect to be home earlier than late May or early June.
                        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                          I'm traveling at the moment for work. I can probably get home if I need to, but frankly it seems more dangerous to my family for me to go through multiple questionable transit nexuses than to hunker down where I am until things calm down. Plus I can still work from where I am, and am fairly isolated from potential vectors. If I were to try to get home, no telling where I could get stuck.

Right now it's looking like I probably can't expect to be home earlier than late May or early June.
                          I'm high as shit right now and, I gotta tell you, reading that removed any doubt that we're all gonna die.

Maybe it's just the weed talking but, yeah, that's the kind of shit that people say in movies when they're about to get eaten by cannibals or have their tortured remains discovered later when the survivors of the first wave come out of their stronghold to look around at all the carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

I'm high as shit right now and, I gotta tell you, reading that removed any doubt that we're all gonna die.

Maybe it's just the weed talking but, yeah, that's the kind of shit that people say in movies when they're about to get eaten by cannibals or have their tortured remains discovered later when the survivors of the first wave come out of their stronghold to look around at all the carnage.
                            Hopefully they turn it into at least a B movie. So far about all it means is that I have time to work out for 2+ hours a day, eat pretty well, and get good sleep. The weather is good here, and there's a beach if you don't mind sharks, pollution, and litter.

​​​​​​I am pretty confident I have it better than most. Still have a job, work is being super accommodating since I'm stranded, and I can still interact with lots of people without risk of getting sick. My family seems to be taking it all in stride. Good thing we moved out of a dense suburban population into a relatively well off, sparsely populated area a few months back. They aren't really stuck in the house either, and all the neighborhood has banded together to help each other out.
                            "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                              Hopefully they turn it into at least a B movie. So far about all it means is that I have time to work out for 2+ hours a day, eat pretty well, and get good sleep. The weather is good here, and there's a beach if you don't mind sharks, pollution, and litter.

​​​​​​I am pretty confident I have it better than most. Still have a job, work is being super accommodating since I'm stranded, and I can still interact with lots of people without risk of getting sick. My family seems to be taking it all in stride. Good thing we moved out of a dense suburban population into a relatively well off, sparsely populated area a few months back. They aren't really stuck in the house either, and all the neighborhood has banded together to help each other out.
                              I'm just fooling around. It's all going so damn slowly. Everything is barely moving. It's frustrating because there's really nothing to do but ride it out. Turns out people are still buying huge quantities of weed, so all I've got to do is fly steady and stop going out to eat.

Comment

"Coronavirus: Teenage boy whose death was linked to COVID-19 turned away from urgent care for not having insurance"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9429946.html
                                King without a crown

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X