Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
    Those kinds of fresh groceries are usually what I buy anyway. Someone actually tried to shoulder check out of the way of the meat section yesterday morning to get at choice cuts of meat when they were restocking in the morning.
    Must be from Quebec?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

    Comment


      #32
      Welp. I am an essential employee. It sucks because, with curfew, it ups police interaction in lockdown and curfew areas. Nope, no paranoia two coworkers have had to produce their airline ID or the printable essential employee letter.

      Comment


        #33
        There is a great deal of confusion in Austin (where I live) about what specific types of construction are considered essential. New residential construction may or may not qualify as essential.

        So I’m looking at the following choices; getting laid off if the Senate bill passes in the House, getting fired when I tell him I’m not coming to work or running the risk of getting a $1,000 ticket if I choose to continue working.

        If the bill passes the House, the small company I work stands to gain the most by laying all 3 employees off with the understanding that we’ll be hired back at a later date.

        Needless to say, I’m exploring other options. Might be time to go back to being an estimator since I can do that while working from home.
        Shut the hell up and train.

        Comment


          #34
          Hays County (basically South Austin suburbs) is now on curfew 11pm to 4am. Doesn't affect me, personally, but it's close enough to home to take notice.
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

          Comment


            #35
            I am considered an "essential" employee, but still need permission from my boss to go to a site.
            I don't believe at this time we need any sort of letter or badge or that the police are actively enforcing any sort of curfew or the Stay in Place order. Not even sure how they would with all the various activities you are allowed to do under the Stay in Place.
            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
            George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by jnp View Post
              There is a great deal of confusion in Austin (where I live) about what specific types of construction are considered essential. New residential construction may or may not qualify as essential.

              So I’m looking at the following choices; getting laid off if the Senate bill passes in the House, getting fired when I tell him I’m not coming to work or running the risk of getting a $1,000 ticket if I choose to continue working.

              If the bill passes the House, the small company I work stands to gain the most by laying all 3 employees off with the understanding that we’ll be hired back at a later date.

              Needless to say, I’m exploring other options. Might be time to go back to being an estimator since I can do that while working from home.
              I’ve been reading the bill and it is pretty lengthy, but it does help small businesses almost if not better than big corporations. I am actually kind of impressed with both sides so far. Make sure you look at all options and see what you can do. It may be best to get laid off and then collect benefits.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                Hays County (basically South Austin suburbs) is now on curfew 11pm to 4am. Doesn't affect me, personally, but it's close enough to home to take notice.
                My dearest sister lives in on the North side. That woman is the best living chance at an American Saint, if you asked me. Heart of solid gold. She troubles me greatly though. She's got 9 kids. Irish Catholic, so she's 1 unit shy of a standard Irish tragedy. Those mick kids of hers are a mobile plague spreading apparatus and she's got asthma. I called her up and tried to talk her into picking her favorite and giving the rest up for medical experiments but she didn't get the joke.
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                  Welp. I am an essential employee. It sucks because, with curfew, it ups police interaction in lockdown and curfew areas. Nope, no paranoia two coworkers have had to produce their airline ID or the printable essential employee letter.
                  Me too so far. Idaho is on 21 day lockdown, but, myself and others are at work.

                  No local-Virus in this county, yet. Nearest known is 90 miles south of here.

                  Falling for Judo since 1980

                  "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                  "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                  "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

                    My dearest sister lives in on the North side. That woman is the best living chance at an American Saint, if you asked me. Heart of solid gold. She troubles me greatly though. She's got 9 kids. Irish Catholic, so she's 1 unit shy of a standard Irish tragedy. Those mick kids of hers are a mobile plague spreading apparatus and she's got asthma. I called her up and tried to talk her into picking her favorite and giving the rest up for medical experiments but she didn't get the joke.
                    Nine kids?

                    She probably has a world class immune system.
                    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

                      Nine kids?

                      She probably has a world class immune system.
                      I didn't think of that. Thanks, that does make me feel better.

                      Edit: For anyone who might be offended, of course I'm joking about Irish people. They're not so bad if you can keep them away from booze, responsibility, labor or public places.
                      Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/26/2020 12:19pm, .
                      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

                        Nine kids?

                        She probably has a world class immune system.
                        Oh man the sickest I have ever been was when my kid first started going to school.......
                        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                        George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by BKR View Post

                          No local-Virus in this county, yet. Nearest known is 90 miles south of here.
                          All that means is you're about 2 months behind West Washington.
                          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                          Comment


                            #43
                            As of yesterday I'm out of the job I had for the last 12 years, and the bar I worked for was forced to close last Friday. The owner made it a free bar for all who were in that night, which wasn't many because pubs were being shunned by the public, and paid us all an extra shift that we didn't work. Waiting to hear if my main job will give us the Govt package for redundant workers or not. If not I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I've never gone longer than 2 weeks without work since I was 15 1/2 years of age. Even if I have to mop the floors in Tescos, I'll be the best mopper they've ever employed.

                            Other than that I've been loving life. Running every morning(as part of my x1 a day allowed outdoor exercise), reading, brushing up on my Irish(the language, Gaeilge), normal things I can't get the time to do because of work, and training. Training wise I beat up my backpack for an hour last night. Gracie Bara has streaming classes we're encouraged to do, including putting a gi on your backpack for solo drills. Also busted from Bas Ruten's MMA tape. Have it on my phone for the gym sometimes. Did x3 rounds of shadow boxing holding little kettle bells.

                            Allowing myself one pint a day until the weekend(we're on lockdown for 3 weeks) Some people are going mental with it.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Sorry to hear that mate, people are getting hit pretty hard at the moment. It probably won’t get any better for a while.
                              Ne Obliviscaris

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

                                All that means is you're about 2 months behind West Washington.
                                Spokane and Coeur d' Alene have quite a few.

                                Falling for Judo since 1980

                                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X