No announcement yet.

The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aus bullies - has anyone downloaded the Covid app? A no from me. Got my annual flu vaccine yesterday as we come into winter.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Oh man!
      https://kfor.com/news/man-wears-kkk-...LiBfYp7nhyj1Ys

We joke about Santee being redneck as fuck around here but that takes the cake.
      Fun fact though Santee is where Fabiou Santos Academy happens to be as well.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Ugh, why is my boss so nice? Asked to buy some bottles of hand sanitiser and surface spray for the horse riding school I frequent (not part of our commercial range, just a temporary batch we made for our partners and local community). Nope, he just goes down to the plant and grabs me a couple on the house. Will take some photos with product placement to share on our company social media
        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Also hearing colleagues at the office going postal on their kids over the phone as said kids aren’t on track with their online school lessons. I’ve lost respect for one woman (HR) for using curse words on her 9 year old daughter who suffers from clinical anxiety.
          Last edited by Lily; 5/04/2020 8:45pm, .

Comment

Just checking in for the first time in a while to give you people the opportunity to hear from someone important.

I’m digging the whole COVID thing. As long as nobody I care about gets sick, I’m happy with this thing. Hell, life has improved as far as I’m concerned. I’m in a stable industry with solid job security. Working from home now. Saving money. Getting lots of exercise and getting even hotter, if that’s possible. Quarantined with my hot ass girlfriend who drops to all fours whenever she’s told to do so. Life is pretty good.

A little bummed for my kid that his training and competing has been canceled for a while. Still waiting to see when they reschedule Worlds to decide if we want to head out to Cali as planned for that. But we’re making the most of it, using the down time to work through Danaher’s leg lock series at home.

I kind of miss going out to nice places for dinner and drinks. Other than that, fuck all you humans. I can do just fine without you. I’ve even given myself two haircuts. Turns out that shit is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
              Just checking in for the first time in a while to give you people the opportunity to hear from someone important.

I’m digging the whole COVID thing. As long as nobody I care about gets sick, I’m happy with this thing. Hell, life has improved as far as I’m concerned. I’m in a stable industry with solid job security. Working from home now. Saving money. Getting lots of exercise and getting even hotter, if that’s possible. Quarantined with my hot ass girlfriend who drops to all fours whenever she’s told to do so. Life is pretty good.

A little bummed for my kid that his training and competing has been canceled for a while. Still waiting to see when they reschedule Worlds to decide if we want to head out to Cali as planned for that. But we’re making the most of it, using the down time to work through Danaher’s leg lock series at home.

I kind of miss going out to nice places for dinner and drinks. Other than that, fuck all you humans. I can do just fine without you. I’ve even given myself two haircuts. Turns out that shit is easy.
              Not that I would ever advocate it but I do know that a good deal of the instructors around here are still doing privates and I have heard "rumors" of various BJJ "speak easies" as well. I am sure your location is no different.
              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Not that I would ever advocate it but I do know that a good deal of the instructors around here are still doing privates and I have heard "rumors" of various BJJ "speak easies" as well. I am sure your location is no different.
                Yes for sure not something to support. There are some places where Coronavirus is almost eliminated (see: Croatia, Taiwan) which soon should be able to open up for regulated training once the active cases get to zero and stay there for a while, but ESPECIALLY in the US there is zero reason to open up right now with the 1-3k deaths a day in the US alone.

Comment

I don't know how I managed to do it (other than being lazy and not stretching), but pulled a hamstring during lockdown ffs. Kind of nasty too, it bruised, and I was limping for a couple of weeks so must've been a grade 2. Just doing a bit of weight training now and easing back into things. Don't think I'll try jogging probably until this lockdown is over.

Other than that have been enjoying the down time. Think we only have one more furloughed payment left from the government package, so hope we're back to work by next month at my main job. Don't know about my bar job, I doubt most of the small ones that aren't will be open to re-open their doors after this.

Comment

God hates me. Wife has gone crazy sitting at home for the past 7? weeks. We have two dogs aged 9 and 11. The oldest is diabetic requiring two shots of insulin per day.

Tomorrow comes, we'll also have two 7 week old puppies.

Throwing my Dog Whisperer coffee mug in the trash.

note to self-

Find passport.
                    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Understand the stir crazy vibe going on at your place joe. And I have no dogs, and no wife :D

Trying to be zen about ski season likely not going ahead this year :(

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                        Understand the stir crazy vibe going on at your place joe. And I have no dogs, and no wife :D

Trying to be zen about ski season likely not going ahead this year :(
                        Ski season? I'm supposed to jump out of an airplane to celebrate 60!

Can I come hang with y'all? Will bring pictures of horses (family pets), can cook and have stories to share with your husband and son. Some are actually true.

You know down under is on my bucket list.

further note to self-

Admin's be damned. Covo-19 is killing my (for sale cheap) soul.

Comment

Day gosh who knows of "lockdown" meh still better than being on ship....

Comment

No can name new puppies Cabin or Fever. I thought it fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                              God hates me. Wife has gone crazy sitting at home for the past 7? weeks. We have two dogs aged 9 and 11. The oldest is diabetic requiring two shots of insulin per day.

Tomorrow comes, we'll also have two 7 week old puppies.

Throwing my Dog Whisperer coffee mug in the trash.

note to self-

Find passport.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                                No can play video. I'm sure it was sympathetic.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X