The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilG View Post

There’s a variety of numbers on that. The majority of Canadians who are treated in the US system do so because they are already there on holiday or business. Canadians who travel deliberately for healthcare outside of Canada usually don’t go to the US, they most often go to Mexico. It’s cheaper, and they can combine it with a hot holiday.
    There are many here that go to Mexico. Medicine is cheaper, medical care is much less and alternative treatments are available that aren't offered here. Most, I'd guess, are from border states.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

There are many here that go to Mexico. Medicine is cheaper, medical care is much less and alternative treatments are available that aren't offered here. Most, I'd guess, are from border states.
      I know around here people go down for Dentistry specifically as that is largely under covered by insurance.
      My understanding is you really have to know what your doing when going south of the border for medical things.
      Or even car related things(you can get cheap paint/body, and upholstery) down there but it really helps to have a local that will be a go between.
      Unfortunately with medical their is little in getting around the fact that your a gringo and will get the gringo treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

I know around here people go down for Dentistry specifically as that is largely under covered by insurance.
        My understanding is you really have to know what your doing when going south of the border for medical things.
        Or even car related things(you can get cheap paint/body, and upholstery) down there but it really helps to have a local that will be a go between.
        Unfortunately with medical their is little in getting around the fact that your a gringo and will get the gringo treatment.
        My roomate at Camp Pendleton was from Tijuana, in with a green card. I have stories.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

You'll certainly get the gringo pricing. Cheap as the dentistry is there, it's still way more expensive than the locals are charged. My sister had a bunch of caps done there for less than half the cost of doing it here. She seems happy with them but I would be very nervous.

Comment

Well that is one way to keep kids from Skate Boarding right now!
            https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/17/skate...HsGOXRhb5MTLP8
            Hint they dumped a bunch of Sand In a skate park

Comment

Wonder if cabin fever is getting to people? (not to be to flip about this horrible event)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...v8OYNVM_pdqxOg

Comment

Well that is one way to keep kids from Skate Boarding right now!
                https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/17/skate...HsGOXRhb5MTLP8
                Hint they dumped a bunch of Sand In a skate park
                Once the whole quarantine is lifted it will take some serious effort to clean that out. Sand just gets everywhere.

Comment

I'm going fucking bananas without being able to get up and GTFO of the house. My hotrod mechanic buddy just scored a pretty fun little car and I thought I'd do a video of us taking it for a drive.

He just got a turbo I4 Nissan Figaro. I'm not sure if you're familiar with this car but it is a lot of fun to drive. It doesn't have a lot of pep but it gets a lot of attention on the street. Ladies love it, old and young guys love them. It's like a luxury version of the Nissan PAO, if such a thing could be said to be a luxury vehicle. Very fun and very cool.

He's dying to get out of the house too. I'm going to hunt around for a drag strip, a willing hot girl in a bikini and see if we can't have a little drag race against the PAO he's got in storage.
                  Last edited by Dung Beatles; 4/23/2020 12:34pm, .
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                    He just got a turbo I4 Nissan Figaro.
                    It needs a SR20DET swap.......

Comment

It needs a SR20DET swap.......
                      Is that going to fit under the hood in a figaro?

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, The President of the United States using his own words: (Skip to the 1:44 mark)

Someone here said something about Trump being a genius or really smart once. This guy is up there blathering on suggesting shit that is almost definitely going to get people killed.

Countdown to some Trump & Friends branded tanning beds and fiber optic cables that you swallow to give your internal organs a sunburn. Perhaps a new line of Trump brand bleach inhalers and CLOROX solution injections.

Just, FFS, this moron cannot continue to be POTUS. Obama's Heinz 57 State sauce sounded sharper than this.

Comment

Is he trying to kill his voting base?
                          "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                            Is he trying to kill his voting base?
                            I think this question should be explored.

Multiple choice:

1. Is Trump trying to kill his supporters?
                            A. Yes, he's actively trying to make it worse.
                            B. No, he's just stupid.
                            C. All of the above.
                            D. Nonsense. This is 3D chess and Trump is a master strategic stable genius. He's got all the best brains.*

*There's no way he would get up there and say something irresponsible that might get people killed and the use the legitimacy of a captive audience of doctors who must treat him credulously no matter what crazy fucking thing comes out of his mouth or he'll bury their job and let the radical right media apparatus to discredit and threaten them personally like they did to Fauci. Only a psychologically compromised dangerously thin-skinned power-hungry unstable lunatic would do something irresponsible like that.
                            Last edited by Dung Beatles; 4/24/2020 12:40am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

I think this question should be explored.

Multiple choice:

1. Is Trump trying to kill his supporters?
                              A. Yes, he's actively trying to make it worse.
                              B. No, he's just stupid.
                              C. All of the above.
                              D. Nonsense. This is 3D chess and Trump is a master strategic stable genius. He's got all the best brains.*

*There's no way he would get up there and say something irresponsible that might get people killed and the use the legitimacy of a captive audience of doctors who must treat him credulously no matter what crazy fucking thing comes out of his mouth or he'll bury their job and let the radical right media apparatus to discredit and threaten them personally like they did to Fauci. Only a psychologically compromised dangerously thin-skinned power-hungry unstable lunatic would do something irresponsible like that.
                              It could end up being a self correcting problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post

Cool. How do you avoid the hunters?
                                Generally i use my lucky charms

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X