Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Leprechaun hunting is my main pastime

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ulsteryank View Post
      Did you ever get a ride on a tractor?
      You haven't lived till you've sat on a ridging plow and planted spuds

      It's like a Play Station

      Comment


        Click image for larger version

Name:	ClaytonAdam66010326.jpg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	4595381
        U2 put money where their mouth is

        Fair play lads

        Comment


          Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
          The Patrick O'Brian of Bullshido!
          That is one obscure reference dude

          Comment


            Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
            Leprechaun hunting is my main pastime
            Cool. How do you avoid the hunters?

            Comment


              Originally posted by PDA View Post

              Ive been 4 times in recent years there is literally nothing.
              I'm just giving him a little rib action. It would be enough just for me to hunt around looking at historic markers.
              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

              Comment


                How does it work in e Us if you don’t have insurance but you require hospital admission due to the Rona?

                King without a crown

                Comment


                  Originally posted by PDA View Post
                  How does it work in e Us if you don’t have insurance but you require hospital admission due to the Rona?
                  Generally speaking, you're fucked.
                  A 17-year-old boy in Los Angeles County who became the first teen believed to have died from complications with covid-19 in the U.S. was denied treatment at an urgent care clinic because he didn’t have health insurance, according to R. Rex Parris, the mayor of Lancaster, California. Roughly 27.5 million Americans—8.5 percent of the population—don’t have health insurance based on the latest government figures.
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...ce/ar-BB11N147
                  Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                  "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

                    Generally speaking, you're fucked.

                    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...ce/ar-BB11N147
                    He should have gone to the emergency room of any hospital.

                    Still, he'd of had to have somebody 18 or older with him. You can't sign contracts at 17 without emancipation if I remember correctly.

                    Sad anyway about it.

                    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

                      He should have gone to the emergency room of any hospital.

                      Still, he'd of had to have somebody 18 or older with him. You can't sign contracts at 17 without emancipation if I remember correctly.

                      Sad anyway about it.
                      My understanding is that hospital emergency departments are required to treat in the US, in this case he was at basically a private walk-in clinic that likely didn't have the equipment to help him anyway. Had that happened in Canada, his ass would be in an ambulance and headed to emerg.

                      However had he gone to emerg directly, are you telling me they would have failed to treat a critically ill kid because he couldn't sign a contract? That's fucked up.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by NeilG View Post

                        My understanding is that hospital emergency departments are required to treat in the US, in this case he was at basically a private walk-in clinic that likely didn't have the equipment to help him anyway. Had that happened in Canada, his ass would be in an ambulance and headed to emerg.

                        However had he gone to emerg directly, are you telling me they would have failed to treat a critically ill kid because he couldn't sign a contract? That's fucked up.
                        Hospitals are forbidden by law from turning away patients in need of care in the emergency room. I can't answer as to how it would have played out given his minor status.

                        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                        http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by NeilG View Post

                          My understanding is that hospital emergency departments are required to treat in the US, in this case he was at basically a private walk-in clinic that likely didn't have the equipment to help him anyway. Had that happened in Canada, his ass would be in an ambulance and headed to emerg.

                          However had he gone to emerg directly, are you telling me they would have failed to treat a critically ill kid because he couldn't sign a contract? That's fucked up.
                          The American medical system is in dire need of reform for the dispensation of critical care. If he was in such dire straits medically and they knew that he was that ill they should have been allowed to take the initiative to call an ambulance, provide an ambulance service and/or dispense emergency life saving care on the spot. I'm not sure what the laws are but I wouldn't be surprised if a combination of regulations and the urgent care facility's own insurance requirements contributed to the boy's death.

                          My understanding is that there's so much damned red tape and legal-related financial barriers around medicine that drive care costs through the roof and adequate care to the floor. America has half of the top 10 medical schools in the world but we're not even in the top 10 for healthcare by country.
                          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by NeilG View Post

                            My understanding is that hospital emergency departments are required to treat in the US, in this case he was at basically a private walk-in clinic that likely didn't have the equipment to help him anyway. Had that happened in Canada, his ass would be in an ambulance and headed to emerg.

                            However had he gone to emerg directly, are you telling me they would have failed to treat a critically ill kid because he couldn't sign a contract? That's fucked up.
                            Urgent Care, in most places I have lived, is not the same as Emergency Departments better know as the Emergency Room of a hospital.

                            Hospitals have to treat no matter your insurance level. Now, just like your country, you will find stories of fucked failures but the contract part is straight up bullshit. Still, urgent care is not the same as a hospital in the US. Sounds harsh, but he should have gone to the Emergency Room.

                            There would be a ton more dead inner city kids dead for an easy example. Trust me, or look up the stories for yourself, violence has no age limit and people under 18 constantly get treated for life threatening injuries before a guardian or parent can arrive at the hospital.
                            Last edited by It is Fake; 4/13/2020 9:54pm, .

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                              Urgent Care, in most places I have lived, is not the same as Emergency Departments better know as the Emergency Room of a hospital.

                              Hospitals have to treat no matter your insurance level. Now, just like your country, you will find stories of fucked failures but the contract part is straight up bullshit. Still, urgent care is not the same as a hospital in the US. Sounds harsh, but he should have gone to the Emergency Room.

                              There would be a ton more dead inner city kids dead for an easy example. Trust me, or look up the stories for yourself, violence has no age limit and people under 18 constantly get treated for life threatening injuries before a guardian or parent can arrive at the hospital.
                              I went back and reread my posts. He could not have been turned down at the emergency room for medical treatment. How it played out long term is another matter. The hospital would have been looking for a relative or another figure who'd give permission for procedures that may have been needed. It is what it is. Never intended to imply that he'd have been left on a gurney wasting away.




                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

                                I went back and reread my posts. He could not have been turned down at the emergency room for medical treatment. How it played out long term is another matter. The hospital would have been looking for a relative or another figure who'd give permission for procedures that may have been needed. It is what it is. Never intended to imply that he'd have been left on a gurney wasting away.



                                I am agreeing with you. I am saying it is bullshit that the Urgent Care turned him away and didn’t call or have him wait for 911, but they are not an emergency room. Many have a policy of turning the away the uninsured. I’ve been in there when they have told someone to call 911 and either called them on their own. That’s my “bullshit” part. Fucking call 911 for the teen, don’t send him on his way. Also, let me add, some urgent care is full of nurses and doctors treat patients on specific days. So, I understand saying we can’t help you. The receptionist or whatever should have left off the you aren’t insured and it wouldn’t have made the news.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X